Ghana laughing thread and creative clapbacks

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Ghana laughing thread and creative clapbacks

Post by Tobi17 »

Let's have it guys :smile:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana laughing thread and creative clapbacks

Post by bret- hart »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:02 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bret- hart wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:00 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Thread failed! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thus, what happened to Ghana and indeed, CIV? I am surprised Ghana is going home so early. No permutation is going to save Ghana at this point. However, CIV still have [a little] hope
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I was watching it on a dodgy stream, 86 minutes gone they were 2-nil up and Mozambique were making a double substitution.

I decided to go and check to see if there was a chance we would play them in the next round because they would have beaten us without a doubt despite them being a poor team.

I got distracted and then went back to check the scores, Mozambique had scored 2.

Ah well, back to YouTube tomorrow it is to hear irate Ghanaians spitting feathers in their dodgy pidgin English.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

I really feel for Ghana players. Really sad that they played like crap and yet expect red carpet.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Aswani wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:04 am I was watching it on a dodgy stream, 86 minutes gone they were 2-nil up and Mozambique were making a double substitution.

I decided to go and check to see if there was a chance we would play them in the next round because they would have beaten us without a doubt despite them being a poor team.

I got distracted and then went back to check the scores, Mozambique had scored 2.

Ah well, back to YouTube tomorrow it is to hear irate Ghanaians spitting feathers in their dodgy pidgin English.
What the F does that mean? :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:53 am
Aswani wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:04 am I was watching it on a dodgy stream, 86 minutes gone they were 2-nil up and Mozambique were making a double substitution.

Pidgin get grammatical rules o.
You no know?
Go check pidgin textbook. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Embarrassing.

You win some, you lose some. Take it in the chin and regroup for next time.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:53 am

You no know?
Ours definitely does especially the Waffi version, theirs appears not to. Enjoyable to listen to though when they are mad as hell. I haven' t done a lick of work all morning :), might take a break for a few hours.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Seldom is the passion of the fans met by the passion of the players. A modern day pillory of sorts is well within reason.

Rather than a stack on which to bind head and hands before a torrent of rotten kenke, a platform through which groups advocating for fans can be given direct audience with the players. Not social media. This is far too opaque and impersonal. The people should be given legitimate channels to fully voice their disappointment, perhaps then these clowns would realise what and who they represent before beckoning their buffoonery to the fore.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

You no know?
Come to think of it, I struggle to understand what they are saying.
Sierra Leone, on the other hand...are tops.
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Aswani wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:17 pm

You no know?
Ours definitely does especially the Waffi version, theirs appears not to. Enjoyable to listen to though when they are mad as hell. I haven' t done a lick of work all morning :), might take a break for a few hours.
It does . it sounds weird to you because it follows Twi and/or Ga sentence structure. Some words or phrases are just direct and deliberate translation from Ga or Twi. I do agree that Nigerian pidjin is better if you know what I mean
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

aykwes8 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:32 pm
Aswani wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:17 pm
It does . it sounds weird to you because it follows Twi and/or Ga sentence structure. Some words or phrases are just direct and deliberate translation from Ga or Twi. I do agree that Nigerian pidjin is better if you know what I mean
Actually I make you right because I thought Ghana pidgin is based on Naija pidgin and then a few random words thrown in, I still think it is (loosely maybe) based on Naija pidgin but I now realise it is not a few random words in unstructured sentences but based on Ga/Twi structure.

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't want to turn this into a pidgin thread but it does tickle me how my Ghanaian friends pick up on pidgin stuff I say and regularly reuse it when chatting to me in subsequent conversations. I in turn never say things like 'E bi things' etc.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:15 pm

You no know?
Come to think of it, I struggle to understand what they are saying.
Sierra Leone, on the other hand...are tops.
God knows the number of times I have assumed Sierra Leoneans to be Naijas.
Not just their pigeon resemble sef.
Even their accent is close to ours - and they are on the other side of Ghana.
I know far more Nigerians married to Saros than to Ghanaians.

If you don’t listen carefully, they can easily be mistaken for Nigerians, whereas it hard to miss a Ghanaian.
And I find their women pronouncing their ‘r’ s like a ‘w’ quite attractive. :shyluv:
I hear it’s only those from a certain region of the country.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

In case you haven’t noticed Ghanaians take pride in speaking their own language. Even more than English. Though English is the official language, a Ghanaian would rather speak his Twi or Ga because they consider English as a foreign and colonial masters language. Pidjin on the other hand developed as a result of the slave trade and slavery so i wouldn’t brag about having the best version of it if I were you. Pidjin English is not as permeated in Ghanaian society and there’s a reason that
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

aykwes8 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:15 pm In case you haven’t noticed Ghanaians take pride in speaking their own language. Even more than English. Though English is the official language, a Ghanaian would rather speak his Twi or Ga because they consider English as a foreign and colonial masters language. Pidjin on the other hand developed as a result of the slave trade and slavery so i wouldn’t brag about having the best version of it if I were you. Pidjin English is not as permeated in Ghanaian society and there’s a reason that
This is only possible because you are small in comparison to Nigeria. We definitely enjoy our language and culture more than you
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:41 pm
aykwes8 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:15 pm In case you haven’t noticed Ghanaians take pride in speaking their own language. Even more than English. Though English is the official language, a Ghanaian would rather speak his Twi or Ga because they consider English as a foreign and colonial masters language. Pidjin on the other hand developed as a result of the slave trade and slavery so i wouldn’t brag about having the best version of it if I were you. Pidjin English is not as permeated in Ghanaian society and there’s a reason that
This is only possible because you are small in comparison to Nigeria. We definitely enjoy our language and culture more than you
ouch
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Not even shade. Ghanaians are lucky they have a local language they can all speak, a bit like Hausa in the North. That said
they do not enjoy speaking their language more than Nigerians; we are more diverse.