Gambia vs Cameroon (2-3) FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Gambia vs Cameroon (2-3) FT

Post by Coach »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:05 pmAfrican teams seem to have problems managing leads.
Frivolously exciting but frankly ridiculous. Zero game management, reminiscent of the 30-a side fixtures at lunchtime in the top playground Year 11.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rogermilla wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:11 pm
Odas wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:03 pm
green4life wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:56 pm
Rogermilla wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:53 pm
Odas wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 pm Hmm, so Cameroon won, eh? Now what? Which team are we going to play, guys?
Guinea
2nd’s play each other so it should be Cameroon
Thx bro, though I have already figured it out from Group C's standing and because Rogermilla played 'ojoro' in his answer, we are going to WHOOP Cameroon's behind, badly
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We shall see. Remember we usually start slow during Afcon group stages. Check our history. I am not saying this team will go any where, but let's not count them out too soon.
I agree bro. May the best, or luckier team win. Thus, good luck to both teams, but more luck to my team, the Super eagles of Nigeria :D :D :D :D
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This is the best football we've seen at the AFCON and you are worried about African football. Carry on with your worrying
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:03 pm
YUJAM wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:59 pm
green4life wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:55 pm Wow. What an exhausting end to this game. Sorry Yujam. Your boys almost had it.
Lack of experience. They celebrated like they'd won the world cup and lost focus as a result.

Disappointing result because we played well enough to win. But the truth is we lack experience at this stage.
i am really worried about African football. Seems every team doesnt know how to control games. Its ridiculous the number of teams that lose leads to easily in this tournament. it makes for good entertainment, but it just tells you how far we are from everywinning the world cup.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:21 pm This is the best football we've seen at the AFCON and you are worried about African football. Carry on with your worrying
green4life wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:55 pm Wow. What an exhausting end to this game. Sorry Yujam. Your boys almost had it.
Lack of experience. They celebrated like they'd won the world cup and lost focus as a result.

Disappointing result because we played well enough to win. But the truth is we lack experience at this stage.
i am really worried about African football. Seems every team doesnt know how to control games. Its ridiculous the number of teams that lose leads to easily in this tournament. it makes for good entertainment, but it just tells you how far we are from everywinning the world cup.

If this is the best AFCON then we are in deep doo-doo... :???:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Yujam, it’s a very valid point raised by the gadfly. This has been both a brilliant and bonkers advert for the AfCON. On a World Cup yardstick, it’s understandably worrying to those still clinging to Pele’s prophecy. In truth, African football is pure entertainment at best and not upsetting the main Apple cart anytime soon.

Enjoy when the circus comes to town.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I don't think there is anything to worry about. This AFCON has been brilliant. The best ever thus far
Coach wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:34 pm @Yujam, it’s a very valid point raised by the gadfly. This has been both a brilliant and bonkers advert for the AfCON. On a World Cup yardstick, it’s understandably worrying to those still clinging to Pele’s prophecy. In truth, African football is pure entertainment at best and not upsetting the main Apple cart anytime soon.

Enjoy when the circus comes to town.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rogermilla wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:11 pm
Odas wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 pm Hmm, so Cameroon won, eh? Now what? Which team are we going to play, guys?
Guinea
Thx bro, though I have already figured it out from Group C's standing and because Rogermilla played 'ojoro' in his answer, we are going to WHOOP Cameroon's behind, badly
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We shall see. Remember we usually start slow during Afcon group stages. Check our history. I am not saying this team will go any where, but let's not count them out too soon.
I agree bro. In fact, may the better, or luckier team win. However, I think my team, the Super eagles, will win this match-up because I think we are better and will be luckier than our Lions :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Cameroon attack has improved. There were two spots on ten corps bar and one penalty on Nooudou that the referee did not see. Our defense tool many goals.bit they have never played together before this tournament. It the learning curve is as steep as it has been in the first round, she could go far
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Guinea
You have scored one goal from open play in three games and you thing you'll whop the behind of a team that has scored five goals abi? 😂
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bamenda boy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:21 pm
Guinea
You have scored one goal from open play in three games and you thing you'll whop the behind of a team that has scored five goals abi? 😂
Yes we have scored only one goal from open play, but we have also conceded only one goal from three games. Thus, it looks like if we don't score from open play against your men, we will force them to concede some 'own goals.' :) :) :) :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:21 pm This is the best football we've seen at the AFCON and you are worried about African football. Carry on with your worrying

I am definitely and absolutely entertained. But I think I made my point, as to why I am worried. We just watched Mauritania almost screw themselves over in the last minute, instead of taking the ball to the corner flag and run down the time. I am worried because we need to be more strategic and learn to control games.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Breaking news!!!! Nigeria to face Senegal instead as number 2 can't face number 2 from a different group. Stay tuned.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Is it me or is Onana not happy with the victory. I am watching all the videos of the team celebrating in the locker room. Everyone is celebrating, but for Onana who looks so down. His composure does not show he is happy. Regardless of whether he starts or not, he should be part of the team whether they win or lose.

See as Clinton Njie is having lots of fun with the team along with the others that have not seen action yet. That to me is team spirit, but Onana so far does not seem like he wants to be part of the team. I hope I am wrong, but so far that is my observation
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Rogermilla wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:31 pm Is it me or is Onana not happy with the victory. I am watching all the videos of the team celebrating in the locker room. Everyone is celebrating, but for Onana who looks so down. His composure does not show he is happy. Regardless of whether he starts or not, he should be part of the team whether they win or lose.

See as Clinton Njie is having lots of fun with the team along with the others that have not seen action yet. That to me is team spirit, but Onana so far does not seem like he wants to be part of the team. I hope I am wrong, but so far that is my observation
Word on the street is that he had some exchanges with Eto'o today.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

bamenda boy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:34 pm
Rogermilla wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:31 pm Is it me or is Onana not happy with the victory. I am watching all the videos of the team celebrating in the locker room. Everyone is celebrating, but for Onana who looks so down. His composure does not show he is happy. Regardless of whether he starts or not, he should be part of the team whether they win or lose.

Word on the street is that he had some exchanges with Eto'o today.
Dude needs to retire from Cameroon for good if he can’t be a team player.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Delusions of grandeur. Liability at club level, liability at international level. Onana’s greatness is all in his head.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Onana should have stay back. Tap into SE style excuses, "I got a knock" :biggrin:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

camex wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:01 pm Cameroon attack has improved. There were two spots on ten corps bar and one penalty on Nooudou that the referee did not see. Our defense tool many goals.bit they have never played together before this tournament. It the learning curve is as steep as it has been in the first round, she could go far
I am surprised Yujam stayed mute at that no call penalty. And why did the refuse to show the Gambias second goal on slow mo for everyone to judge if indeed it was onsite or not?
Just imagine it was the other way around. We would have read how CAF favors Cameruin etc.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Bamendaboy:
I am sure the VAR officials looked at our second goal. Besides, it was clearly onsides, so not sure what your issue is with the goal.

The ref and var seemingly missed a pk for Cameroon. They also missed a bad foul on Minteh on the edge of the Cameroon box.

Overall, it was a great game, so no complaints from this end.
bamenda boy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:42 pm
camex wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:01 pm Cameroon attack has improved. There were two spots on ten corps bar and one penalty on Nooudou that the referee did not see. Our defense tool many goals.bit they have never played together before this tournament. It the learning curve is as steep as it has been in the first round, she could go far
I am surprised Yujam stayed mute at that no call penalty. And why did the refuse to show the Gambias second goal on slow mo for everyone to judge if indeed it was onsite or not?
Just imagine it was the other way around. We would have read how CAF favors Cameruin etc.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Imagine giving a corner like this and then you concede from it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The Oyinbo racists looking for every single reason to mock the AFCON. As if this doesn't happen in the Euros.. :roll:
danfo driver wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:31 am Imagine giving a corner like this and then you concede from it.