Mauritania vs Algeria (1-0) FT( They make history)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mauritania vs Algeria (1-0) FT( They make history)

Post by Coach »

A lack of seriousness amongst certain players is by no means a forfeiture. Many factors impact a team’s functioning. The Beautiful Orange (the Dutch national side), brimming with club level brilliance, were a complete catastrophe when tournaments came around. Not a case of “not taking things seriously” rather the tendency for dysfunction when certain personality traits come together.

Algeria are spent and most likely suffering the ramifications of Al Hajji big cashes on campus.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

By now you should know that I'm not a subscriber to your Wakanda Forever approach to African football.
I call it as the game reveals itself.

YUJAM wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:28 pm Enough of the self denigrating talk.

This AFCON has been awesome for sure. The quality of football and refereeing have all improved.

I believe that other teams have improved a lot and have closed the gap. It has nothing to do with the top teams regresing. Morocco were in the WC semis just a few months ago

txj wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:19 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:02 am Mahrez is collecting big cash at club level to throw a step over, cut inside, play a slide-rule pass and track back with the commitment of the 1990s Seleção’s Romario after two wraps of pounded yam washed down with odeku. Large.

On a wider scale, the quality at the top is regressing and that at the bottom giving chase. The perfect storm for a frivolously exciting AfCON, end to end like NBA jam, packed full of bonkers and all the trimmings.

That is the absolute bottom line!

While one must laud the work being put in by the 2nd tier sides- they absolutely deserve their results, there is very little doubt that the top African teams are in poor shape. Just look at Nigeria, Cameroon, CIV, Algeria, Egypt, Maroc, etc; all playing the same wishy-washy football...

The net result of this is happy-happy football tournament, plenty of flash brothers moments, but little in the way of modern and proper tactical organization outside Cape Verde and Senegal...

True, quality of football will always suffer in such heat and humidity, but AFCON's been poor for a long, long time...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Lol I remember when people were masturbating over the Algerian coach. How CE people were parayibg that we get a coach like that. So what happened?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Orion wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:32 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:12 pm
Orion wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:40 pm
YUJAM wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:23 pm :dream: :blink: :rotf: :rotf:

You sound like an apologist for the poor performance of Les Fennecs. But even the Algerians aren't saying that their players were disinterested. They are being realistic by acknowledging that many of their players are over the hill.
Actually, I'm a realist. I can't even imagine how a thinking person can believe Mauritania is now better than Algeria. You must have to jump through some incredible hoops to believe that.
I am sorry, but do you understand football? I dont know if Mauritania is better than Algeria, but we watched the game and Mauritania outperformed Algeria IN THIS GAME! That is how football works! There are games like the CIV v EQG game, where CIV was the better performing team, but lost. This was not the case here Mauritania outplayed them completely and should have scored more. This is a fact! Additionally, Algeria fought! They didnt throw the game away, like you are trying to say - for whatever reason. The competed and Mauritania was better on the day and dealt with them!
My observations didn't just come from this AFCON. I've seen the pattern going back decades.
:rotf:
Who said they threw the game? :roll:

In football, the difference between 95% commitment and 100% commitment can make the difference between winning or losing.
let it go
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?