CIV fired Gassett?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
CIV fired Gassett?

Post by YUJAM »

Reading reports that he's been fired. I guess CIV didn't waste any time pressing the reset button

https://www.barrons.com/news/afcon-host ... t-8ee85e7b
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
tedder89
Egg
Egg
Re: CIV fired Gassett?

Post by tedder89 »

IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

But they aren't eliminated yet! They can still go thru
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It would come as no surprise were Gassett in dialogue with Billy Wong and Ken Wu to supply tusks and ivory for Chinese medicinal purposes. The sacking is apt, all that remains is for the players to follow suit.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Undertaker wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:41 pm But they aren't eliminated yet! They can still go thru
Not only could they go through, but they can also win the trophy. I think the firing is too soon. They should have waited till after the tournament is finished
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Odas wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:01 pm
Undertaker wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:41 pm But they aren't eliminated yet! They can still go thru
Not only could they go through, but they can also win the trophy.
I think the firing is too soon. They should have waited till after the tournament is finished
I agree that the firing was too soon, but winning the trophy? :?: :?: :?:

Can't say never, but that will take a miracle.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Timely. The elephants will be comprehensively poached by the end of the evening.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

joao wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:25 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:01 pm
Not only could they go through, but they can also win the trophy.
I think the firing is too soon. They should have waited till after the tournament is finished
I agree that the firing was too soon, but winning the trophy? :?: :?: :?:

Can't say never, but that will take a miracle.
Not too much of impossible task to attain. Remember CIV are the host and from what has happened, they have learned their lessons, I believe

CIV's game with EQU took a new turn after they [CIV] went down by two goals, else until then, they were beautifully in the game. Trying to spring up and make it a game, they left their behind open and matters worsened
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Well, Havre is already in CIV. He could get a quick short contract, if the FFF is OK with it.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:09 pm Well, Havre is already in CIV. He could get a quick short contract, if the FFF is OK with it.
Does he know the players and; therefore, know what tactic to use in making a difference, or he will be coming to make 'quick' bucks?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:18 pm
Kabalega wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:09 pm Well, Havre is already in CIV. He could get a quick short contract, if the FFF is OK with it.
Does he know the players and; therefore, know what tactic to use in making a difference, or he will be coming to make 'quick' bucks?
Well organized federations have scouting reports on all players and their opponents. He knows how the federation operates and would hit the ground running. Fixing Gassett’s mess is another matter.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

You are probably on point!

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2 ... -of-afcon/
I am happy
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The Ivorians will learn the hard way that there are no quick fixes in today's football
Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:56 pm
You are probably on point!

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2 ... -of-afcon/
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

How on earth can they seriously hire a coach IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOURNAMENT , for just 1 match ?

Are they really serious about this ?

This cannot be true.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:52 pm How on earth can they seriously hire a coach IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOURNAMENT , for just 1 match ?

This cannot be true.
That dude is a good coach but a mercenary if he accepts this 1 game gig.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This match up won't be close. Senegal will dominate for 90 mi s
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:07 pm This match up won't be close. Senegal will dominate for 90 mi s
You wanna bet ?

CIV will even win. But yes it will be very close.

It's a 50 50 game for me. Coin toss.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

packerland wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:06 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:52 pm How on earth can they seriously hire a coach IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOURNAMENT , for just 1 match ?

This cannot be true.
Well it would add to the drama and insanity that is afcon
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:36 pm

This cannot be true.
Apparently France refused to loan him to Ivory Coast . I guess France and Ivory Coast are not as tight as we thought.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:07 pm This match up won't be close. Senegal will dominate for 90 mi s
It'll be a tough match for Senegal, as CIV have nothing to lose now. They've literally been given another lease of life.

Also, now that they know they're not what they're cracked up to be, the bluff is over. They'll play in a very conservative and frustrating way. Basically, park the bus and hit Senegal on the break.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

packerland wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:28 am

This cannot be true.
Apparently France refused to loan him to Ivory Coast . I guess France and Ivory Coast are not as tight as we thought.
The man has a contract with the FFF. You want him to sign another?
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

joplass wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:15 pm

This cannot be true.
Ivory Coast was trying to loan him from the FFF for just the remainder of the tournament since they were impatient and fired their coach.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

packerland wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:54 pm
joplass wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:15 pm

This cannot be true.
Ivory Coast was trying to loan him from the FFF for just the remainder of the tournament since they were impatient and fired their coach.
So you wont have fired him?