Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie. CIV wins on PK

Re: Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie. CIV wins on PK

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:59 pm I pray we beat Angola guys, this tournament is OURS TO WIN, I see South Africa taking out Morocco tomorrow.
Bros, Angola might be difficult. Watched the second half of them v Namibia, and they be tappin'.

ohsee wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:01 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:59 pm I pray we beat Angola guys, this tournament is OURS TO WIN, I see South Africa taking out Morocco tomorrow.
Bros, Angola might be difficult. Watched the second half of them v Namibia, and they be tappin'.

:D
You sound like 1naija. Have you moved to Houston?

ANC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:00 am
felarey wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:55 pm Bye bye Senegal, hopefully Morocco can go home tomorrow, come on S. Africa.
That would take a miracle.
Morocco advances, but I have been known to be wrong.
Morocco needs a good beating, they have this aura about them that they're better then everyone else, their squad is most expensive ever etc. A South Africa win will put them in their place and have the world curious about AFCON.

felarey wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:06 am
felarey wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:55 pm Bye bye Senegal, hopefully Morocco can go home tomorrow, come on S. Africa.
Morocco needs a good beating, they have this aura about them that they're better then everyone else, their squad is most expensive ever etc. A South Africa win will put them in their place and have the world curious about AFCON.
We agree on that,

marutimon wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:56 pm After two penalty shootouts no keeper has yet saved a penalty.

Very good penalty taking though, not really poor goalkeeping.

Also both PK finalists Egypt and Senegal from 2021 are out!

As it stands I would have to say favorites are:
1. Morocco
2. Nigeria
3. Cote d'Ivoire
I hope we don't start looking forward to playing Morocco and overlook Angola, else Danmark might rare its UGLY again.

On the other hand, who says Morocco will beat South Africa, or the winner of Mali/Burkina Faso game?

YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 pm CIV deserved the win. They outplayed Senegal who played a defensive formation after they went ahead. I am a firm believer in making your opponent respect you by attacking them. But a defensive approach will get you in trouble especially with an one goal lead.

I tip CIV to win the tournament now.

[instagram][/instagram]
SylverEagles wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:54 pm That was some penalty by Kessie. Just down the middle. It was do or die. But Mendy just could not react.
It is not going to happen.
They just played their finals.

felarey wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:06 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes-ooo! It will show the world AFCON is not a joke

ANC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:05 am
ohsee wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:01 am

:D
You sound like 1naija. Have you moved to Houston?
God forbid. I beg leave Pa Ohsee alone. NO one should wish bad thing on another. 1naija deserves Texas, he get's to hang out with his Trump friends whilst he rags on Rochas as most Imolites do :)
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:50 pm Senegal played a horrible game and didn't deserve to win. Just sat back and allowed CIV come at them over and over again.

Highs and lows of football. Senegal and Equatorial Guinea were flying but now out.
Yeah! Make dem go back home, or to dia clubs

ANC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:10 am
YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 pm CIV deserved the win. They outplayed Senegal who played a defensive formation after they went ahead. I am a firm believer in making your opponent respect you by attacking them. But a defensive approach will get you in trouble especially with an one goal lead.

[instagram][/instagram]
SylverEagles wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:54 pm That was some penalty by Kessie. Just down the middle. It was do or die. But Mendy just could not react.
Honestly, I doubt CIV can, or will beat Cape Verde. Anyway, fingers crossed, though

I’m happy Senegal are out, especially as El Hadj Diouf who had been behaving like a moron is going home.
Barring any uncertainties, it’s Nigeria’s AFCON

For CIV to win they will need to trust their young ballers. Aurier, Seri and Gradel will find it hard to cope against younger more dynamic teams. Good for today as it was a game for calmer heads.

Nigeria has got to be one of the favorites now. I think we beat CIV again if we meet, especially with this team they started today.

Odas wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:22 am

[instagram][/instagram]
Honestly, I doubt CIV can, or will beat Cape Verde. Anyway, fingers crossed, though
Why is everybody saying CIV v Cape Verde ?

Aren't they playing the winner of Mali/Burkina Faso ?

I've seen 2 sources of brackets saying that is the case.

Lilly liveried display from the Champions. Once the elephants started to stampede, they didn’t have the Sene-gall bladder. Second-half display, bile at best. Looks like Billy Wong’s shipment of ivory’s on hold.

I'm just seeing Mane's foul now, and that was even worse than what Iwobi was red-carded for at the 2021 AFCON.

Senegal should have been down to 10 men at that point. He only stayed on the pitch because he was Mane.

These are the flaws we have with VAR. The status of the team or player still influences decisions.
Re: Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie

100%Naija wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:37 pm We need to turn off this delayed feature announcing a post was made before yours. Who gives a sheet?. It is beyond annoying
Kpom!

Only reason I'm glad Senegal are out is because you could just tell the pundits and CAF top dogs were twerking for Senegal so shamelessly, even some of the officiating today was glaringly tilted towards favoring Senegal...I guess the defending champions curse is real in African football.

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:41 am Only reason I'm glad Senegal are out is because you could just tell the pundits and CAF top dogs were twerking for Senegal so shamelessly, even some of the officiating today was glaringly tilted towards favoring Senegal...I guess the defending champions curse is real in African football.

Senegal and Morocco have being treated like the teachers pets for the past 4 years by CAF and the refs. To think the ref had to use VAR to give that penalty is a disgrace. Sadio Mane should also have been sent off earlier in the game. These refs are garbage and Nigeria has to be careful from here on out. I noticed that dumb bimbo from Morocco was the assistant ref, No wonder. Also the VAR team is made up of mostly North Africans. Those guys are thieves. I still remember how the falcons were treated in the last Womens Afcon Semi Finals vs Morocco. I hope our boys are ready for CAF and their bullsh!!t.

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:33 am
Odas wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:22 am

[instagram][/instagram]
Why is everybody saying CIV v Cape Verde ?

Aren't they playing the winner of Mali/Burkina Faso ?

I've seen 2 sources of brackets saying that is the case.
I dont get it either. :lol: Cape Verde is in or bracket.

bret- hart wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:47 am
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:41 am Only reason I'm glad Senegal are out is because you could just tell the pundits and CAF top dogs were twerking for Senegal so shamelessly, even some of the officiating today was glaringly tilted towards favoring Senegal...I guess the defending champions curse is real in African football.

Senegal and Morocco have being treated like the teachers pets for the past 4 years by CAF and the refs. To think the ref had to use VAR to give that penalty is a disgrace. Sadio Mane should also have been sent off earlier in the game. These refs are garbage and Nigeria has to be careful from here on out. I noticed that dumb bimbo from Morocco was the assistant ref, No wonder. Also the VAR team is made up of mostly North Africans. Those guys are thieves. I still remember how the falcons were treated in the last Womens Afcon Semi Finals vs Morocco. I hope our boys are ready for CAF and their bullsh!!t.
KPOM,
The CAF and sure odds playbook was for a Morocco vs Senegal final, unfortunately CIV put sand inside their garri...I hope our Mzanzi wives eliminate Morocco tomorrow to further dent the script. Morocco is another team I just can't stand.

airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:32 am For CIV to win they will need to trust their young ballers. Aurier, Seri and Gradel will find it hard to cope against younger more dynamic teams. Good for today as it was a game for calmer heads.

Nigeria has got to be one of the favorites now. I think we beat CIV again if we meet, especially with this team they started today.
Hope, they play another energy sapping game before you meet them because It is historically difficult to beat a team twice in one tournament.
To make matters worse, CIV is now a different team psychologically and mentally. It’s a home team that was on the brink of going out, to beating the reigning champs in the next game. You don’t want to play them right now.

Can someone explain how:

1) the referee failed to send off Mane for this studs up horror tackle on Sangare; and

2) why VAR did not ask the referee to review the decision?