Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie. CIV wins on PK

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie. CIV wins on PK

Post by ohsee »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:59 pm I pray we beat Angola guys, this tournament is OURS TO WIN, I see South Africa taking out Morocco tomorrow.
Bros, Angola might be difficult. Watched the second half of them v Namibia, and they be tappin'.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohsee wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:01 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:59 pm I pray we beat Angola guys, this tournament is OURS TO WIN, I see South Africa taking out Morocco tomorrow.
Bros, Angola might be difficult. Watched the second half of them v Namibia, and they be tappin'.

:D
You sound like 1naija. Have you moved to Houston?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

ANC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:00 am
felarey wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:55 pm Bye bye Senegal, hopefully Morocco can go home tomorrow, come on S. Africa.
That would take a miracle.
Morocco advances, but I have been known to be wrong.
Morocco needs a good beating, they have this aura about them that they're better then everyone else, their squad is most expensive ever etc. A South Africa win will put them in their place and have the world curious about AFCON.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

felarey wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:06 am
felarey wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:55 pm Bye bye Senegal, hopefully Morocco can go home tomorrow, come on S. Africa.
Morocco needs a good beating, they have this aura about them that they're better then everyone else, their squad is most expensive ever etc. A South Africa win will put them in their place and have the world curious about AFCON.
We agree on that,
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marutimon wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:56 pm After two penalty shootouts no keeper has yet saved a penalty.

Very good penalty taking though, not really poor goalkeeping.

Also both PK finalists Egypt and Senegal from 2021 are out!

As it stands I would have to say favorites are:
1. Morocco
2. Nigeria
3. Cote d'Ivoire
I hope we don't start looking forward to playing Morocco and overlook Angola, else Danmark might rare its UGLY again.

On the other hand, who says Morocco will beat South Africa, or the winner of Mali/Burkina Faso game?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 pm CIV deserved the win. They outplayed Senegal who played a defensive formation after they went ahead. I am a firm believer in making your opponent respect you by attacking them. But a defensive approach will get you in trouble especially with an one goal lead.

I tip CIV to win the tournament now.

[instagram][/instagram]
SylverEagles wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:54 pm That was some penalty by Kessie. Just down the middle. It was do or die. But Mendy just could not react.
It is not going to happen.
They just played their finals.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

felarey wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:06 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes-ooo! It will show the world AFCON is not a joke
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

ANC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:05 am
ohsee wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:01 am

:D
You sound like 1naija. Have you moved to Houston?
God forbid. I beg leave Pa Ohsee alone. NO one should wish bad thing on another. 1naija deserves Texas, he get's to hang out with his Trump friends whilst he rags on Rochas as most Imolites do :)
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:50 pm Senegal played a horrible game and didn't deserve to win. Just sat back and allowed CIV come at them over and over again.

Highs and lows of football. Senegal and Equatorial Guinea were flying but now out.
Yeah! Make dem go back home, or to dia clubs
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:10 am
YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 pm CIV deserved the win. They outplayed Senegal who played a defensive formation after they went ahead. I am a firm believer in making your opponent respect you by attacking them. But a defensive approach will get you in trouble especially with an one goal lead.

[instagram][/instagram]
SylverEagles wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:54 pm That was some penalty by Kessie. Just down the middle. It was do or die. But Mendy just could not react.
Honestly, I doubt CIV can, or will beat Cape Verde. Anyway, fingers crossed, though
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I’m happy Senegal are out, especially as El Hadj Diouf who had been behaving like a moron is going home.
Barring any uncertainties, it’s Nigeria’s AFCON
I am happy
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

For CIV to win they will need to trust their young ballers. Aurier, Seri and Gradel will find it hard to cope against younger more dynamic teams. Good for today as it was a game for calmer heads.

Nigeria has got to be one of the favorites now. I think we beat CIV again if we meet, especially with this team they started today.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Odas wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:22 am

[instagram][/instagram]
Honestly, I doubt CIV can, or will beat Cape Verde. Anyway, fingers crossed, though
Why is everybody saying CIV v Cape Verde ?

Aren't they playing the winner of Mali/Burkina Faso ?

I've seen 2 sources of brackets saying that is the case.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Lilly liveried display from the Champions. Once the elephants started to stampede, they didn’t have the Sene-gall bladder. Second-half display, bile at best. Looks like Billy Wong’s shipment of ivory’s on hold.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I'm just seeing Mane's foul now, and that was even worse than what Iwobi was red-carded for at the 2021 AFCON.

Senegal should have been down to 10 men at that point. He only stayed on the pitch because he was Mane.

These are the flaws we have with VAR. The status of the team or player still influences decisions.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie

Post by metalalloy »

100%Naija wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:37 pm We need to turn off this delayed feature announcing a post was made before yours. Who gives a sheet?. It is beyond annoying
Kpom!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Only reason I'm glad Senegal are out is because you could just tell the pundits and CAF top dogs were twerking for Senegal so shamelessly, even some of the officiating today was glaringly tilted towards favoring Senegal...I guess the defending champions curse is real in African football.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:41 am Only reason I'm glad Senegal are out is because you could just tell the pundits and CAF top dogs were twerking for Senegal so shamelessly, even some of the officiating today was glaringly tilted towards favoring Senegal...I guess the defending champions curse is real in African football.

Senegal and Morocco have being treated like the teachers pets for the past 4 years by CAF and the refs. To think the ref had to use VAR to give that penalty is a disgrace. Sadio Mane should also have been sent off earlier in the game. These refs are garbage and Nigeria has to be careful from here on out. I noticed that dumb bimbo from Morocco was the assistant ref, No wonder. Also the VAR team is made up of mostly North Africans. Those guys are thieves. I still remember how the falcons were treated in the last Womens Afcon Semi Finals vs Morocco. I hope our boys are ready for CAF and their bullsh!!t.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:33 am
Odas wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:22 am

[instagram][/instagram]
Why is everybody saying CIV v Cape Verde ?

Aren't they playing the winner of Mali/Burkina Faso ?

I've seen 2 sources of brackets saying that is the case.
I dont get it either. :lol: Cape Verde is in or bracket.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:47 am
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:41 am Only reason I'm glad Senegal are out is because you could just tell the pundits and CAF top dogs were twerking for Senegal so shamelessly, even some of the officiating today was glaringly tilted towards favoring Senegal...I guess the defending champions curse is real in African football.

Senegal and Morocco have being treated like the teachers pets for the past 4 years by CAF and the refs. To think the ref had to use VAR to give that penalty is a disgrace. Sadio Mane should also have been sent off earlier in the game. These refs are garbage and Nigeria has to be careful from here on out. I noticed that dumb bimbo from Morocco was the assistant ref, No wonder. Also the VAR team is made up of mostly North Africans. Those guys are thieves. I still remember how the falcons were treated in the last Womens Afcon Semi Finals vs Morocco. I hope our boys are ready for CAF and their bullsh!!t.
KPOM,
The CAF and sure odds playbook was for a Morocco vs Senegal final, unfortunately CIV put sand inside their garri...I hope our Mzanzi wives eliminate Morocco tomorrow to further dent the script. Morocco is another team I just can't stand.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:32 am For CIV to win they will need to trust their young ballers. Aurier, Seri and Gradel will find it hard to cope against younger more dynamic teams. Good for today as it was a game for calmer heads.

Nigeria has got to be one of the favorites now. I think we beat CIV again if we meet, especially with this team they started today.
Hope, they play another energy sapping game before you meet them because It is historically difficult to beat a team twice in one tournament.
To make matters worse, CIV is now a different team psychologically and mentally. It’s a home team that was on the brink of going out, to beating the reigning champs in the next game. You don’t want to play them right now.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Can someone explain how:

1) the referee failed to send off Mane for this studs up horror tackle on Sangare; and

2) why VAR did not ask the referee to review the decision?