Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie. CIV wins on PK

Re: Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie

green4life wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:47 pm Kesieeeeee !!!!
Is this for the equalizer, or for a lead by CIV?

Kessie what a penalty!
Re: Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie. CIV wins on PK

Senegal played a horrible game and didn't deserve to win. Just sat back and allowed CIV come at them over and over again.

Highs and lows of football. Senegal and Equatorial Guinea were flying but now out.

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:49 pm CIV wins! Benefit of sacking a coach in a decisive manner :)
:D

They just had to stay alive in their own tournament..well done Elephants

Tough exit Senegal

Must say, the penalty taking techniques in the tournament has been remarkable

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:44 pm crap JAckson heading back to Chelsea?
Let him bring is 'tap in goal' self back to London. He's miles better than Broja. :mrgreen:

damn camera man
Re: Senegal vs CIV (0-0)

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:32 pm Hopefully CIV wins!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Franck Kessie.

TESTICULAR FORTITUDE!!!!!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:42 pm I want Senegal out :thumbs:
No be only you-ooo! Even me sef, want make Senegal comot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SylverEagles

Post by SylverEagles »

That was some penalty by Kessie. Just down the middle. It was do or die. But Mendy just could not react.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

This was us two years ago. Came out flat in the knockout game and got knocked out.

Bye bye Senegal, hopefully Morocco can go home tomorrow, come on S. Africa.

Good! So CIV has won and Senegal is heading back home? I am glad for CIV
Last edited by Odas on Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

After two penalty shootouts no keeper has yet saved a penalty.

Very good penalty taking though, not really poor goalkeeping.

Also both PK finalists Egypt and Senegal from 2021 are out!

As it stands I would have to say favorites are:
1. Morocco
2. Nigeria
3. Cote d'Ivoire

felarey wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:43 pm
ANC wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:35 pm win or lose, neither of this two teams are likely going to win the AFCON.
They have both been exposed.
In knockout competition, history means nothing. Peaking at the right time is more important. In 2013, NFF were booking flights for players before CIV game (one of the best SE games in last 2 decades) after a drab group stage performance. But we went on to win the cup.

The game demystified them; of course, we knew CIV was beatable, but now it is evident that nothing is so special about Senegal.

CIV deserved the win. They outplayed Senegal who played a defensive formation after they went ahead. I am a firm believer in making your opponent respect you by attacking them. But a defensive approach will get you in trouble especially with an one goal lead.

I tip CIV to win the tournament now.

[instagram][/instagram]
SylverEagles wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:54 pm That was some penalty by Kessie. Just down the middle. It was do or die. But Mendy just could not react.
tedder89

Post by tedder89 »

txj wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:53 pm Franck Kessie.

TESTICULAR FORTITUDE!!!!!
Platinum cojones…..unbelievable
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.

Thoroughly enjoyed this game. The finishing left much to be desired, but the overall game was exciting. While Sadio is my Mane, I was happy to see Ivory Coast win. Great penalties. :thumbs:

I pray we beat Angola guys, this tournament is OURS TO WIN, I see South Africa taking out Morocco tomorrow.

YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 pm CIV deserved the win. They outplayed Senegal who played a defensive formation after they went ahead. I am a firm believer in making your opponent respect you by attacking them. But a defensive approach will get you in trouble especially with an one goal lead.

[instagram][/instagram]
SylverEagles wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:54 pm That was some penalty by Kessie. Just down the middle. It was do or die. But Mendy just could not react.
I tip Naija. :taunt: :taunt: :biggrin: :biggrin: I have to be patriotic. :biggrin:

felarey wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:55 pm Bye bye Senegal, hopefully Morocco can go home tomorrow, come on S. Africa.
That would take a miracle.
Morocco advances, but I have been known to be wrong.

YUJAM wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 pm CIV deserved the win. They outplayed Senegal who played a defensive formation after they went ahead. I am a firm believer in making your opponent respect you by attacking them. But a defensive approach will get you in trouble especially with an one goal lead.

[instagram][/instagram]

Nothing wrong with the Senegalese approach. They just did not finish CIV when the chances came...

Overall, its not how you start a tournament but how you finish.

Lesson for the ignorant Ed Dove!!!!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp