Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie. CIV wins on PK

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal vs CIV (1-1) Diallo, Kessie. CIV wins on PK

Post by wiseone »

Another shocker from the referee: how on earth did he not give this absolute stonewall penalty for Mendy’s foul on Pepe? Why did he need VAR to remind him that clattering a player in the penalty area so hard that his body almost does a 360 somersault, is a penalty?

(ignore the comment in the tweet below about the ref booking Mane: the ref booked a different player)

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:24 am I’m happy Senegal are out, especially as El Hadj Diouf who had been behaving like a moron is going home.
Barring any uncertainties, it’s Nigeria’s AFCON
What did that fool do? I can’t believe that dude won APOY twice. I was never impressed by him. I looked at this goal scoring record in his career and it’s not impressive at all. Yakubu has an impressive goal record compared to him.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:03 am
airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:32 am For CIV to win they will need to trust their young ballers. Aurier, Seri and Gradel will find it hard to cope against younger more dynamic teams. Good for today as it was a game for calmer heads.

Nigeria has got to be one of the favorites now. I think we beat CIV again if we meet, especially with this team they started today.
Hope, they play another energy sapping game before you meet them because It is historically difficult to beat a team twice in one tournament.
To make matters worse, CIV is now a different team psychologically and mentally. It’s a home team that was on the brink of going out, to beating the reigning champs in the next game. You don’t want to play them right now.
Greece beat the hosts, Portugal twice in the 2004 Euros.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

packerland wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:21 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:24 am I’m happy Senegal are out, especially as El Hadj Diouf who had been behaving like a moron is going home.
Barring any uncertainties, it’s Nigeria’s AFCON
What did that fool do? I can’t believe that dude won APOY twice. I was never impressed by him. I looked at this goal scoring record in his career and it’s not impressive at all. Yakubu has an impressive goal record compared to him.
He was taunting Etoo after Senegal beat Cameroon in the group stages
I am happy
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:03 am
airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:32 am For CIV to win they will need to trust their young ballers. Aurier, Seri and Gradel will find it hard to cope against younger more dynamic teams. Good for today as it was a game for calmer heads.

Nigeria has got to be one of the favorites now. I think we beat CIV again if we meet, especially with this team they started today.
Hope, they play another energy sapping game before you meet them because It is historically difficult to beat a team twice in one tournament.
To make matters worse, CIV is now a different team psychologically and mentally. It’s a home team that was on the brink of going out, to beating the reigning champs in the next game. You don’t want to play them right now.
It will be difficult but we can certainly beat them again. I hope they continue fielding the oldies. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyway, we need to focus on Angola first.