Cape Verde vs South Africa (0-0) PK SA wins 2-1

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: Cape Verde vs South Africa (0-0) PK SA wins 2-1

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:42 pm This has to be some kind of record for a keeper saving 4 PKs in a single shootout. 4!!!

It's sick!!! Wow!
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Cape Verde vs South Africa (0-0)

Post by mcal »

...that kid is a winch. SE better go all out to win in regulation
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Williams! 4 pk saves. Take a bow!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Williams! 4 pk saves. Take a bow!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

SylverEagles wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:41 pm Ok, we don't want to go to PKs with SA with this keeper.
absolutely not! We cant afford that.

Their defense is not good at all. Morocco and CV should have put 4-5 passed them. We simply need to take our chances. Thats it!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Previous two shoot outs with a total of zero goalkeeper saves... Williams alone with 4! And wasn't that far away from the 5th.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Ayo 10 pointers on how he will beat SA…uploading
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:41 pm Did Bafana just win a Pk shootout with the score of 2-1? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Me sef, I no undastand-ooo! So we are playing South Africa next, eh? Ok-ooooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

theDunamis wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:43 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:42 pm This has to be some kind of record for a keeper saving 4 PKs in a single shootout. 4!!!

It's sick!!! Wow!
Kai! Wetin my eyes just see?! :woot: :woot: Abeg someone contact Guiness Book of World records!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Odas wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:45 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:41 pm Did Bafana just win a Pk shootout with the score of 2-1? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Me sef, I no undastand-ooo! So we are playing South Africa next, eh? Ok-ooooo!
Na so e be o, my broda!

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:44 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:41 pm Ok, we don't want to go to PKs with SA with this keeper.
absolutely not! We cant afford that.

Their defense is not good at all. Morocco and CV should have put 4-5 passed them. We simply need to take our chances. Thats it!
Morocco is still wondering how they were eliminated. We need to be clinical with our chances to avoid unnecessary drama.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That was some Bruce Wayne level goal keeping from Rowen Williams. Stuff of heroes for sure
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

To be honest the PKS from Cape Verde were horrible . Both teams were bad at PKs, however the goalie was class
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I had thought Cape Verde will win this their natch against South Africa.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:50 pm To be honest the PKS from Cape Verde were horrible . Both teams were bad at PKs, however the goalie was class
Maybe the players were badly tired and so, their legs could barely suport them. Anyway, hopefully we will win South Africa when the day comes
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Cape Verde are woeful at penalties.
Tame shots, No variance to their run to the ball. Poor placement. I don’t think they prepared for them and had no pena street smarts either.
The last guy was even crying before taking it.

Beb should not have taken the first one because he made some poor judgement decisions at the end of the game. Fatigue? A niggling injury? Don’t know but he shouldn’t not have taken the first one.

On the other hand, S. Africa had subbed off some of their top penalty takers.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:50 pm To be honest the PKS from Cape Verde were horrible . Both teams were bad at PKs, however the goalie was class
One of those penalties was good, two of those penalties were okish, one was poor.

Those weren't horrible penalties. Not special, but Williams knew what he was doing & purposefully waited instead of committing.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

To be honest I prefer meeting South Africa.

Wha choo looking at?!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Great win by SA. Congratulations
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:06 am To be honest I prefer meeting South Africa.
They’re on the same level though I preferred CV only because we have history with SA and they will get up to play us like they did against Morocco. No wahala sha.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

What time is our game and where?
Hoping its not the first game...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

green4life wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:53 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:06 am To be honest I prefer meeting South Africa.
They’re on the same level though I preferred CV only because we have history with SA and they will get up to play us like they did against Morocco. No wahala sha.
Exactly why I want to meet them. We have the psychological edge. Plus we will definitely get chances against that defense of theirs. Cape Verde for some reason makes(made) me uneasy.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

WHAT DID ALL THE MISSED PK's HAVE IN COMMON?

Other than the one the SA guy blasted over the bar, all the other PK's were taken by the players using one foot but placing the ball on the opposite side of his body. For example, the player would shoot with the right foot but direct the ball to his left side. Even the one saved by the CV keeper was shot by the SA player with the left foot and the ball directed to his right. When players shoot that way there is a certain amount of reduction in the power behind the ball.
Bell