South Africa vs Dr Congo (0-0) 5-4 SA wins

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: South Africa vs Dr Congo (0-0) 5-4 SA wins

Post by joao »

South Africa scrapes through with the third-place Bronze win.
Congratulations to both teams for their participation.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: South Africa vs Dr Congo (0-0) 5-4 SA wins

Post by Tobi17 »

Goes to show the tough mental strength of our players, we made SA look silly during the PK shootouts
sabb
Egg
Egg
Re: South Africa vs Dr Congo (0-0) ET

Post by sabb »

Odas wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:58 pm
akamoke wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:45 pm Straight to Penalties, no extra time, just as well
I forgot that is the rule, but still, I wonder why such is the case, though. Why not let the teams play the extra time, before the penalty shootouts?
u wanna watch another 30mins of that dross, nah men.
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: South Africa vs Dr Congo (0-0) ET

Post by Odas »

sabb wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:10 pm
Odas wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:58 pm
akamoke wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:45 pm Straight to Penalties, no extra time, just as well
I forgot that is the rule, but still, I wonder why such is the case, though. Why not let the teams play the extra time, before the penalty shootouts?
u wanna watch another 30mins of that dross, nah men.
Yeah, I bet the players, if given a choice, will prefer to not play the THIRD PLACE games. The motivation is no longer there, in many cases
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.