THOMAS TUCHEL: End of the Road

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
THOMAS TUCHEL: End of the Road

Post by Sleaky72 »

Manager Thomas Tuchel will leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season.
The 50-year-old replaced Julian Nagelsmann at the German champions in March 2023 on a deal until June 2025.
The former Chelsea boss will depart a year earlier than planned as part of "a sporting realignment" at Bayern.
He led Bayern to last season's Bundesliga title after taking over in the spring but they now sit eight points behind leaders Bayer Leverkusen after back-to-back league defeats.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68301718.amp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: THOMAS TUCHEL: End of the Road

Post by Sleaky72 »

“Bayern said Tuchel’s summer departure had been settled upon after the manager held talks with the CEO, Jan-Christian Dreesen.
“We have agreed that we will end our working relationship at the end of this season,” Tuchel said. “Until then, I will of course continue to do everything I can with my coaching staff to achieve maximum success.”
Dreesen said: “In a good, open discussion, we came to the decision to end our working relationship by mutual agreement in the summer. Our goal is to pursue a new footballing direction with a new head coach for the 2024-25 season. Until then, every individual at the club is expressly called upon to achieve the maximum possible in the Champions League and Bundesliga.”

The ruthlessness at the higher end of the football pyramid is so scary. A coach like Mikel Arteta should thank God for Arsenal football club. In this case it’s seemingly paying off for both parties
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Having watched Die Munchen vs both Leverkusen and Bochum, more with an eagle eye on Alonso and Letsch-ball, the most obvious observation was the waywardness of Bayern. Under Tuchel, they have lost their way, not before consuming all the breadcrumbs to ensure, under his tutelage, they won’t find their way back.

Awful vs Leverkusen, it should’ve been much more than 3 and well beaten by Bochum. Upemecano ar left-back, absolute disaster. Choupo-Moting in the hole was as close to useless as they come. Tuchel has abandoned whatever he stands for an seems to be stuck on an autotune that assumes, such is Bayern’s dominance of the Bundesliga, they’ll get it done somehow. Granted they’ve got injuries, particularly out wide but not to the extent that they’re being flogged, biblically.

Leipzig up next, that may well cause the summer to be brought forward to late winter, early spring. Ruthless? Hardly, Tuchel’s lucky to still be in work. Were he sacked a few weeks back it would’ve been as ruthless as biblical Naomi’s daughter-in-law front seat in a transit van. Well earned. Thoroughly deserved.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

With Xavi gone at Barca, if he can land the job, he’ll rival the Great Mourinho for the Royal Flush of Firings.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Was never a fit from get. At par with Jose at Spuds...
Made worse by the manner of departure of Nagglesman...
They would do well to bring back Hansi...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am “Bayern said Tuchel’s summer departure had been settled upon after the manager held talks with the CEO, Jan-Christian Dreesen.
“We have agreed that we will end our working relationship at the end of this season,” Tuchel said. “Until then, I will of course continue to do everything I can with my coaching staff to achieve maximum success.”
Dreesen said: “In a good, open discussion, we came to the decision to end our working relationship by mutual agreement in the summer. Our goal is to pursue a new footballing direction with a new head coach for the 2024-25 season. Until then, every individual at the club is expressly called upon to achieve the maximum possible in the Champions League and Bundesliga.”

The ruthlessness at the higher end of the football pyramid is so scary. A coach like Mikel Arteta should thank God for Arsenal football club. In this case it’s seemingly paying off for both parties
It is about football ambition. Clubs that want to win trophies have to be ruthless. No room for excuses. You either perform or you are out!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

wanaj0 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:05 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am “Bayern said Tuchel’s summer departure had been settled upon after the manager held talks with the CEO, Jan-Christian Dreesen.

It is about football ambition. Clubs that want to win trophies have to be ruthless. No room for excuses. You either perform or you are out!
That’s a cliche based surface analysis.
In business there’s always the factor of “Extenuating Circumstances”, and there is also
a place for long term growth, sustainability and continuity, while still striving for success and excellence.

Making Knee Jerk and panic driven changes at the top at the first sign of trouble without factoring in the consequences of such actions, and cloaking it under the umbrella of being ambitious, is simply leadership by chaos. It’s not sustainable. Yes, it’s the Abramovic effect and style, but his model and the subsequent success was an exception and buoyed by unprecedented spending which is not practical in the current FFP model.

Munich went from the unprepared Kovac and got lucky with Hansi Flick, but then proceeded to panic sack Nagelsmann who was supposed to be their long term coach, and didn’t factor in the complications (under the guise of ambition) of hiring in a maverick like Tuchel …. Tuchel who is a Notorious Neurotic who always falls out with management and players was a recipe for disaster at a club like Munich.
And now they are back to looking for a new coach, while stuck a lame duck gaffer till the end of the season. Yikes.

Sorry that’s not ambition. It’s Incompetence!
Clubs should NOT be driven by emotions. That’s for fans.
And that’s why fans are in the stands and on the internet, and not on the field and in the boardroom.

I’m not saying that teams should go back to the old model of sit tight incumbents like Wenger and others who stay for decades. I’m just stressing that long to medium term planning, with an eye towards sustainable excellence are the hallmarks of a top level organization …
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Bring him back to Chelsea, no pressure just help develop the young cubs.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Rumour is Xabi Alonso will get the nod. I think they should go back to Flick sha.
Xabi is doing great at Lever and should stay there and win a few with them before moving on.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bayern is struggling because they sign a curse player Harry Kane from spurs.
They will need cleansing to get back to winning ways.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

kajifu wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:01 am Bayern is struggling because they sign a curse player Harry Kane from spurs.
They will need cleansing to get back to winning ways.
Lol...but Bayern have been mediocre for a while now.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:08 pm

That’s a cliche based surface analysis.
In business there’s always the factor of “Extenuating Circumstances”, and there is also
a place for long term growth, sustainability and continuity, while still striving for success and excellence.

Making Knee Jerk and panic driven changes at the top at the first sign of trouble without factoring in the consequences of such actions, and cloaking it under the umbrella of being ambitious, is simply leadership by chaos. It’s not sustainable. Yes, it’s the Abramovic effect and style, but his model and the subsequent success was an exception and buoyed by unprecedented spending which is not practical in the current FFP model.

Munich went from the unprepared Kovac and got lucky with Hansi Flick, but then proceeded to panic sack Nagelsmann who was supposed to be their long term coach, and didn’t factor in the complications (under the guise of ambition) of hiring in a maverick like Tuchel …. Tuchel who is a Notorious Neurotic who always falls out with management and players was a recipe for disaster at a club like Munich.
And now they are back to looking for a new coach, while stuck a lame duck gaffer till the end of the season. Yikes.

Sorry that’s not ambition. It’s Incompetence!
Clubs should NOT be driven by emotions. That’s for fans.
And that’s why fans are in the stands and on the internet, and not on the field and in the boardroom.

I’m not saying that teams should go back to the old model of sit tight incumbents like Wenger and others who stay for decades. I’m just stressing that long to medium term planning, with an eye towards sustainable excellence are the hallmarks of a top level organization …
Some clubs will be alright even if they win nothing. Some clubs must win trophies so if there is no trophy they must tale action.

Arsenal don't have to win trophies for the coach to be successful. That's their ambition. Some clubs MUST win trophies. That's the ambition.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Think Tommy T wants Easter off.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

There is plenty of evidence that coaching stability and allowing a coach to stay long term generates success. Examples:

Ferguson and Busby at Manchester United
Deschamps with France 🇫🇷
Joachim Low with Germany 🇩🇪
Aliou Cisse at Senegal 🇸🇳
Wenger at Arsenal

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

one yeye thot crossed my mind ..what is Tuchel win champions league ? and miraculously overhaul lever and win league will he still be sacked ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:21 am Bring him back to Chelsea, no pressure just help develop the young cubs.
He is interested!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:21 am Bring him back to Chelsea, no pressure just help develop the young cubs.
I AMEN this.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Kpom. See Chelsea and the new owners. No ambition to win NOW.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

And there are examples of coaches that stayed long and achieve nothing and those that within a short time won all that is there to win!

Some teams have time to wait while others don't have the luxury of time!
wiseone wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:31 pm There is plenty of evidence that coaching stability and allowing a coach to stay long term generates success. Examples:

Ferguson and Busby at Manchester United
Deschamps with France 🇫🇷
Joachim Low with Germany 🇩🇪
Aliou Cisse at Senegal 🇸🇳
Wenger at Arsenal

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Die BundesEasy. Harrison Ogbunigwe thumps in his 4th hattrick of the campaign. 40+ league goals beckons. The English gentleman smashing die Krauts once again, just like in ‘45.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:12 pm one yeye thot crossed my mind ..what is Tuchel win champions league ? and miraculously overhaul lever and win league will he still be sacked ?
Watch him win the CL. Tuchel is a coach with tactics that win tournaments. I don't think he knows how to win leagues.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Bayern have been blighted by injuries but nevertheless the performances were poor. The die is cast for Thomas the temperamental tank engine. He could win whatever remains to be won, he’s done for.

Will they win the UCL? they’ve a chance, they’re Bayern, but expect Real to Rocky their way to the final. Bloody nosed and battered, somehow they’ll be there or thereabouts.