Juninho Pernambucano: best free kick taker in the world?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Cristao wrote:
mastermind wrote:
Dodo wrote:Juninho P. is a beast with a dead ball... Pirlo aint got nothing on him

There is no doubting of Becks prowess with a dead ball

it wouldnt be mastermind if it actually made sense
u be dodo 4 real. I will still pick Zidane, Ronaldinho and Okocha to play my freekick ahead of him. Dude was hot in 3 months now he's the best ever ? I will even pick nedved ahead of him. ur dundu self should watch more serie A games.
hot in 3 months .. dude do u know wut u are talkin about .. this guy has been the man in FK for 3 yrs running and more!! .. go check wut his nickname is! Mr 0.5 .. cos he always scores at least 1 in 2 freekicks .. JJ cant touch him, nedved cant either even Ronaldinho .. even Zidane sef mite be doubtful
u dey mind mastermind, the guy scores freekick from all angles, left, rite n centre, u hav to c the guy take his kicks to admire his style, very bankable in ma view, a guy dat most of his goals hav come from freekicks, okocha, pirlo, beckham, carlos, ronaldinho, deco, henry, robert r good but juninho = something else
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

like i said, it wouldnt be mastermind if it actually made sense
khalela
Egg
Egg

Post by khalela »

Vincent. wrote:Even though Beckham's entire career is built on his supposed ability with the head ball, Juninho is far superior and can do much more than just play free kicks.
Poor you.You just had to bring Beckham into it.Live with it.He has a UCL medal.....and he worked real hard for it.Something some guys you are aware of will kill for!!
It was that the pasillo was followed by a paseo - a walk in the park. That Madrid ran out 4-1 winners and lead Barcelona by 17 points, that Barcelona can no longer get second place and could only watch as Ruud van Nistelrooy and Higuaín scored with their first touches, as Mahamadou Diarra ran rings around their midfield and as the Bernabéu roared "¡olé!" That Joan Laporta listened to fans - Madrid fans - chanting: "Laporta please stay!"

Sid Lowe,2008
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

mastermind wrote:
Cristao wrote:
mastermind wrote:
Dodo wrote:Juninho P. is a beast with a dead ball... Pirlo aint got nothing on him

u be dodo 4 real. I will still pick Zidane, Ronaldinho and Okocha to play my freekick ahead of him. Dude was hot in 3 months now he's the best ever ? I will even pick nedved ahead of him. ur dundu self should watch more serie A games.
hot in 3 months .. dude do u know wut u are talkin about .. this guy has been the man in FK for 3 yrs running and more!! .. go check wut his nickname is! Mr 0.5 .. cos he always scores at least 1 in 2 freekicks .. JJ cant touch him, nedved cant either even Ronaldinho .. even Zidane sef mite be doubtful
The bobo is a fringe brazilian player so i don't rate him. He never play in any big game, he's not under pressure to perform in lyon, team is not built around him so why wouldn't he score a freekick ? Even Essien shine more than him in Lyon, the bobo is not a world class player.

Come back when he score a freekick in a world cup game where brazil desperately need a goal and they got 1 minute till the end of the game. This guy is not really rated by any big team, u don't know how good a player is until they perform under pressure or on a spotlight. Go and ask Lampard. :lol:

I will still pick those players that i mentioned ahead of him cos they are world class players. When going get tough world class players always show their class, an average player like him will just choke. Go and rewatch Euro 2004 -Eng vs France, and see what happened at the 90th minute, it will show u why Zidane won WFY many times, WC and CLs.
ol boi are u using World Cup qualification and playign to judge a player ...Juninho not making the Brazillian team is because he plays in France and also due to the talent in the Brazillian team at the moment .. Is Owen better than George Weah?

In freekicks there is only one master and that is mr 0.5 .. all this ur attempts to shift the goal posts is laffable .. we are talkin freekicks not game control .. the fact remains the guy has >50% hit record in FK .. stop hating!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Another cat with a great conversion rate is Asuncao at Real Betis.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

mastermind wrote:
apuskleke wrote:
mastermind wrote:Pirlo is better than him.
is a lie :roll:
I will pick Pirlo ahead of him, a freekick is not enough for a player, you need other things. Brazilian team got Carlos, Adriano and Ronaldinho fighting to play the freekick already, he will be a fringe player at best if he doesn't develop his play making skills.
Mastermind, I'm sorry but I have to employ Muzines patented logo:
You are a big moron
Now read your statements again and apologize to this forum for insulting our intellect
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Assuncao of Betis is a better free-kick taker than Juninho
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I have a feeling we will be hearing from Mr. Pernambucano next summer, and these arguments will hopefully be settled.

Wha choo looking at?!
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

mastermind wrote:

You love to argue don't you.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

I think Thierry Henry is a good free-kick taker too. :D
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

lowzeewee wrote:I think Thierry Henry is a good free-kick taker too. :D
Only against small teams. :lol:
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

cic old boy wrote:
lowzeewee wrote:I think Thierry Henry is a good free-kick taker too. :D
Only against small teams. :lol:
Chelsea be small team? :shock:
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

including inactive guys,
you have

pierre van hooijdonk
pirlo
thomas hassler

co-efficients of 0.35 and above
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

I think the bobo is the current champion, but van hooodonk use to be a wicked free kick taker
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Black Star
Egg
Egg

Post by Black Star »

mastermind wrote:
apuskleke wrote:
mastermind wrote:Pirlo is better than him.
is a lie :roll:
I will pick Pirlo ahead of him, a freekick is not enough for a player, you need other things. Brazilian team got Carlos, Adriano and Ronaldinho fighting to play the freekick already, he will be a fringe player at best if he doesn't develop his play making skills.
According to statistics and goals scored
from free kicks, pirlo doesnt come anywer close
to Juninho. He scores more free kicks dan any1 else
just face it. If Juninho takes 4 free kicks he wud at least
bury 2 in da net and hit one on target. And dat is da
reality of it
Saying Nigeria is better dan Ghana, is like admiting GOD doesnt exist.
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Juninho would walk into any national team in the world (with exception to Brazil(Ronaldinho, Kaka), Argentina(Riquelme), germany (Ballack). Even when Essien was in Lyon, the guy provided the flair for the team. In the upcoming world cup he will definately see action, and if Ronaldinho or Kaka are not in form, he will take their place. If that not WORLD CLASS I don't know the defination.

Coming back to the thread topic, he is among the top 3 besk freekick takers in the world.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

bobo is good
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

asabe wrote:Juninho would walk into any national team in the world (with exception to Brazil(Ronaldinho, Kaka), Argentina(Riquelme), germany (Ballack). Even when Essien was in Lyon, the guy provided the flair for the team. In the upcoming world cup he will definately see action, and if Ronaldinho or Kaka are not in form, he will take their place. If that not WORLD CLASS I don't know the defination.

Coming back to the thread topic, he is among the top 3 besk freekick takers in the world.
Appiah and Essien are better than him as a midfielder, don't let french league fool u, one of those french league star came to serie A last yr, Juve to be precise and he run back to lique with the quickness.

Scoring freekick in lique is not biggie, the goalies in lique are wack to say the least. I think 1 teenage Obi got more potential than him as a player. His freekicks are nothing to write home about, that racist old man in Inter is even more accurate than him. Like I said, scoring freekick in lique is not the same as scoring freekick in EPL or Serie A, french goalies suck.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

I BELEIVE LAST SEASON HE SCORED 13 FREEKICKS...THAT's incredible
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know it may be rude to laugh at anybody, but this is just absurd.

The topic is 'WHO IS THE BEST FREEKICK TAKER AT THE MOMENT'? The best freekick taker at the moment is Juninho surely this is not too difficult to understand?
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Al B Sure wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know it may be rude to laugh at anybody, but this is just absurd.

The topic is 'WHO IS THE BEST FREEKICK TAKER AT THE MOMENT'? The best freekick taker at the moment is Juninho surely this is not too difficult to understand?
some ppl here just like to disagree.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

Well, the brazilians groom and grow them!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: 8-) :wink: