What happened to that Arab Guy with his Guitar????

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
What happened to that Arab Guy with his Guitar????

Post by AreaDaddy »

I think his name is Ali something, can't remember if he is Algerian, Tunisian or Moroccan

Has he retired or did the credit crunch mean he could not make it to Angola.

That guy has been a fixture of Nations Cups for So long, I just realised now that I haven't seen him
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What happened to that Arab Guy with his Guitar????

Post by ugly boy »

he left once football left the SE..I would to..Amodu might make the guy fall asleep :rotf: :rotf:
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

He was Tunisian and I believed he passed away sometime last year
http://en.dzfoot.com
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

TonyStarks wrote:He was Tunisian and I believed he passed away sometime last year
R.I.P :atc:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

TonyStarks wrote:He was Tunisian and I believed he passed away sometime last year
Really, shame. RIP
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

Damn that guy passed away! :sad:

A beg whats his name again???
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Thx for the info Tony I must have missed that, may he RIP :sad:

He was Mr ANC....
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
ogasmooth
PROBATION

Post by ogasmooth »

oh no :ohmy:

RIP to him... He was a nice cheerful man.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

Let me confirm the news just to make sure. I'm trying to find it online right now.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

THe guy deserves to be honoured by CAF. Every 2 years, he would leave his taxi business and come and support African teams at the Nations cup. He is already being missed, that is why this thread was started. May his soul RIP.
I am happy
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

TonyStarks wrote:Let me confirm the news just to make sure. I'm trying to find it online right now.
If true that is terrible. No wonder I didnt see him in the stands this ANC. A beg Tony Sharks whats his name again? Let me do some research....
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Na that chap is Morrocan. Morroco failed to qualify for this African Nations cup (Angola 2010) that is why he is not here. There is another Camerounian chap, with very fat bellie that moves around the Lions. He should be somewhere in the crowd tonite when Cameroun takes on Zambia.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

papparassi Sport wrote:Na that chap is Morrocan. Morroco failed to qualify for this African Nations cup (Angola 2010) that is why he is not here. There is another Camerounian chap, with very fat bellie that moves around the Lions. He should be somewhere in the crowd tonite when Cameroun takes on Zambia.
I could have sworn he was Moroccoan too especially with his Fez cap.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Met him in African Nations Cup in Tunisia 2004. There is another big man from Cameroun with a fat tummy. The two of them have become international ICONS of thier supporters club.

anointed wrote:
papparassi Sport wrote:Na that chap is Morrocan. Morroco failed to qualify for this African Nations cup (Angola 2010) that is why he is not here. There is another Camerounian chap, with very fat bellie that moves around the Lions. He should be somewhere in the crowd tonite when Cameroun takes on Zambia.
I could have sworn he was Moroccoan too especially with his Fez cap.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

According to my Tunisian friend, the fan with the guitar that was I referring to was Egyptian not Tunisian, and he indeed did pass away last year or so. I don't know his name, maybe some of the Egyptian members on the board can shed more light on him.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The popular Arab man that goes around ACN with guitar is from Morroco and not Egypt. I met him in Tunisia 2004.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

papparassi Sport wrote:The popular Arab man that goes around ACN with guitar is from Morroco and not Egypt. I met him in Tunisia 2004.
I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just thinking of another guy. ;)
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Ok no wahala. :D
TonyStarks wrote:
papparassi Sport wrote:The popular Arab man that goes around ACN with guitar is from Morroco and not Egypt. I met him in Tunisia 2004.
I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just thinking of another guy. ;)
rutgers
Egg
Egg

Post by rutgers »

He is Egyptian and he supports Egypt, Ahly, and any African or Arab team in international competition.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

rutgers wrote:He is Egyptian and he supports Egypt, Ahly, and any African or Arab team in international competition.
There we go.

Do you know his name? I remember hearing about him passing away last year. Can you confirm?
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

AreaDaddy wrote:I think his name is Ali something, can't remember if he is Algerian, Tunisian or Moroccan

Has he retired or did the credit crunch mean he could not make it to Angola.

That guy has been a fixture of Nations Cups for So long, I just realised now that I haven't seen him
I remember him. He prolly moved on..
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
rutgers
Egg
Egg

Post by rutgers »

No I cant confirm any news about his passing. I do know from the article i read about him that he spends all his money attending these matches and found it difficult financially to continue to do so.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

Alright, I finally found the info. His name was Ali Siba3i and he was indeed Egyptian. He passed in June of 2009:

http://www.mbc.net/portal/site/mbc/menu ... mbcArticle