SCOLARI IS A ROGUE ACT says Neymar's agent

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

African Star
Egg
Egg
SCOLARI IS A ROGUE ACT says Neymar's agent

Post by African Star »

Finally people are starting to realize that Scolari is a crap coach, he never impressed me, all he did was ride Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Gilberto, Kleberson, Lucio to victory, that team was too good to lose.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2124 ... ppointment
Neymar wasn't even able to participate in Brazil's embarrassing 7-1 defeat to Germany through injury, but it didn't stop his agent, Wagner Ribeiro, from blasting boss Luiz Felipe Scolari in the aftermath.

In a tweet, translated by Eurosport, Ribeiro slammed Scolari, who won't quit his post, with six "requirements" for being Brazil's coach.

One - being Portugal coach and winning nothing.

Two - going to Chelsea and being sacked the following day.

Three - going to coach in Uzbekistan.

Four - returning to Brazil, taking over a big team [Palmeiras] and getting them relegated to the second division.

Five - leaving the club 56 days before the end of the Brasileirao [season] to 'escape' the relegation.

Six - being an old jerk, arrogant, repulsive, conceited and ridiculous.
Last edited by African Star on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SCOLARI IS A ROUGE ACT says Neymar's agent

Post by oloye »

He should have said all this before not after....did this agent not slam Pele at some time too
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

oloye wrote:He should have said all this before not after....did this agent not slam Pele at some time too
Yeah he responded to Pele when Pele slammed Neymar. But Scolari is an overhyped coach though, other than the world cup win with an all star team he has not accomplished anything in fact his record is atrocious.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

African Star wrote:
oloye wrote:He should have said all this before not after....did this agent not slam Pele at some time too
Yeah he responded to Pele when Pele slammed Neymar. But Scolari is an overhyped coach though, other than the world cup win with an all star team he has not accomplished anything in fact his record is atrocious.
So why did they engage him and who did? Ultimately, like Keshi nobly said ' they should 'all fail together'.
A system that allows a 'crap' coach (if that is what they are saying) to take charge of a national team hosting the World Cup is a crap system. They are all to blame
Pointing fingers after the event is dishonest.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

*rouge??

you're typing while applying makeup?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

African Star wrote:
Over hyped and they committed the coaching of the team at their finest hour to him? Sometimes it is best to keep quiet on this forum and allow people to say dumb things(not referring to you here). People were going on about how easy it was for Scolari to coach the team to win the 2002 WC, it was comical to say the least. They have forgotten their history and how Scolari got the job. They need to go back and revisit how many coaches were used to prosecute the qualifiers and how they almost did not make it , oh yes with the so called stars, until the last coach Luxemburga or whatever his name was fired and Scolari hired, who not only got them the qualification , but went on to win the WC with the same stars that almost did not qualify.

We need to first of all separate coaching styles and recognise that having a differenet coaching style does not necessarily mean you are a bad coach. Strange the clown pilloried Scolari for not winning anything with Portugal, typical agent mouthing rubbish, since Scolari left Portugal what have they achieved? It can be said that Portugal made the punched above their weight under him.

Scolari may not be Tele Santana but he did what Tele Santana could not do even with a more glittering array of stars.... The truth is he failed woefully in this tournament, every man in a lifetime of whatever he becomes will experience something like this , the magnitude may differ, nevertheless all men would encounter failure sometime.

But to sit down and try to rubbish the achievement of a man ...only those who do not have perspective of history and are suffering from amnesia or delusion should be allowed to subscribe to that.

Scolari won the 2002 WC with a bunch of stars that almost did not make the WC party...guys should always remember that. I believed Brasil prosecuted the qualifiers with about 4 or 5 coaches, before Scolari came in and got them the most important win in that far away place on the high altitude of Peru i think it was.

Funny how the people hailing him for destroying Spain at the last Confed and now queuing up to say he is over hyped..human beings are the funniest and saddest people on earth.

Big Phil failed in this tournament, trying to push it beyond this borders on being ridiculous.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

oloye wrote:
African Star wrote:
Over hyped and they committed the coaching of the team at their finest hour to him? Sometimes it is best to keep quiet on this forum and allow people to say dumb things(not referring to you here). People were going on about how easy it was for Scolari to coach the team to win the 2002 WC, it was comical to say the least. They have forgotten their history and how Scolari got the job. They need to go back and revisit how many coaches were used to prosecute the qualifiers and how they almost did not make it , oh yes with the so called stars, until the last coach Luxemburga or whatever his name was fired and Scolari hired, who not only got them the qualification , but went on to win the WC with the same stars that almost did not qualify.

We need to first of all separate coaching styles and recognise that having a differenet coaching style does not necessarily mean you are a bad coach. Strange the clown pilloried Scolari for not winning anything with Portugal, typical agent mouthing rubbish, since Scolari left Portugal what have they achieved? It can be said that Portugal made the punched above their weight under him.

Scolari may not be Tele Santana but he did what Tele Santana could not do even with a more glittering array of stars.... The truth is he failed woefully in this tournament, every man in a lifetime of whatever he becomes will experience something like this , the magnitude may differ, nevertheless all men would encounter failure sometime.

But to sit down and try to rubbish the achievement of a man ...only those who do not have perspective of history and are suffering from amnesia or delusion should be allowed to subscribe to that.

Scolari won the 2002 WC with a bunch of stars that almost did not make the WC party...guys should always remember that. I believed Brasil prosecuted the qualifiers with about 4 or 5 coaches, before Scolari came in and got them the most important win in that far away place on the high altitude of Peru i think it was.

Funny how the people hailing him for destroying Spain at the last Confed and now queuing up to say he is over hyped..human beings are the funniest and saddest people on earth.

Big Phil failed in this tournament, trying to push it beyond this borders on being ridiculous.
Sports fans often labour under the wrongheaded assumption that "the great never fail, and the mediocre never succeed".

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

oloye wrote:
African Star wrote:

Oloye remember some off the other issues also, injuries to key players, key players not been selected, key players not honoring call ups, discontent in camp etc. Yes he came in and quelled the discontent and disharmony but after that what has he accomplished? Great coaches do it again and again in different settings but he seems to be a one trick pony. Reminds me of Mike Ditka of the Chicago Bears, great hype but could only win one super bowl with an all star defensive setup and one of the greatest running backs and the over hyped dean smith at North Carolina who only won an ncaa championship when he had Michael Jordan the best player of all times and 3 other NBA all stars
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

African Star wrote:
oloye wrote:
African Star wrote:

Oloye remember some off the other issues also, injuries to key players, key players not been selected, key players not honoring call ups, discontent in camp etc. Yes he came in and quelled the discontent and disharmony but after that what has he accomplished? Great coaches do it again and again in different settings but he seems to be a one trick pony. Reminds me of Mike Ditka of the Chicago Bears, great hype but could only win one super bowl with an all star defensive setup and one of the greatest running backs and the over hyped dean smith at North Carolina who only won an ncaa championship when he had Michael Jordan the best player of all times and 3 other NBA all stars
Let us not argue , the man never said he was one of the greatest coaches, but to try to rubbish a man's achievement by dismissing it as luck is the most insulting that can ever be thrown the way of any man. You asked what he has achieved since, how many coaches have won the WC twice or more. You ask what has he achieved since, i would ask you, do you see Tele Santana as a great coach? I would implore you to be careful in answering that question?

Those who go about labelling one coach great at this or that are the ones who have issues..the truth is winning the WC is no fluke with or without stars.

African Star
Egg
Egg
Re: SCOLARI IS A ROGUE ACT says Neymar's agent

Post by African Star »

Oloye I was never impressed with Scolari even when he won the cup, his team was tactically lacking.And I am not comparing him to any coach, you are. And as far as me trying to rubbish his achievement I don't think he needs any help from me, he has managed to do that magnificently and superlatively all by himself. :rotf:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

African Star, like John Thompson will say, "if you have been in this business long enough, you too will have days like these, where everyone and their mama will have something to say..."

I like Big Phil, because he is not afraid to take chances...

When this same Brazilian team destroyed Spain at the Confed Cup, he was not clueless... now he is clueless?

Ps., this goes out to the "Tactical Crew" headed by TXJ, absence of key personnel do affect tactics and outcomes.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

African Star wrote:
oloye wrote:
African Star wrote:

Are you sure you were typing in the right frame of mind? You didn't just say that about Coach Dean. Do you actually know coach Dean Smith? I don't think you do.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

African Star wrote:Oloye I was never impressed with Scolari even when he won the cup, his team was tactically lacking.And I am not comparing him to any coach, you are. And as far as me trying to rubbish his achievement I don't think he needs any help from me, he has managed to do that magnificently and superlatively all by himself. :rotf:

Scolari was the coach that ended Spain world football domination in the 2013 Confed cup, the same coach that won the 2002 WC playing breath taking football with the three Rs.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

realtrouble wrote:
African Star wrote:Oloye I was never impressed with Scolari even when he won the cup, his team was tactically lacking.And I am not comparing him to any coach, you are. And as far as me trying to rubbish his achievement I don't think he needs any help from me, he has managed to do that magnificently and superlatively all by himself. :rotf:

Scolari was the coach that ended Spain world football domination in the 2013 Confed cup, the same coach that won the 2002 WC playing breath taking football with the three Rs.
Scolari's 2002 team played the same 3-5-2 formation and he was sending Cafu and Roberto Carlos up carelessly just like now sending Marcelo, Alves and David carelessly. It took an outcry from the press and commentators for him to make the adjustment starting against England before the solved their defensive vulnerability. Then he came again with the same formation this time when 3-5-2 has undergone modifications because of the systems and tactics that have been developed to counter it. Germany are the pioneers of the 3-5-2 formation and they abandoned it when the vulnerabilities were exposed and they sure know how to counter it.

No team that has won the confederations cup has gone on to win the world cup because the confederations cup only contain the champions and it is a weak competition. Spain was already a spent force as was revealed by Nigeria at the cup and by Holland at this world cup.

Scolari is a one formation coach that can't read a game and make adjustments, Brazil showed signs of weaknesses and vulnerabilities from the very first game and he never made an adjustment or changed tactics, we saw how other coaches changed tactics against different teams, even Keshi and Appiah did but Scolari never did. His vacuity is the reason why he never lasted at Chelsea because the English are very quick to spot a fraud.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I don't believe that Scolari is a poor tactician. He simply couldn't do any better with these players. There was a talent and composure issue that he could never overcome, especially given the burden of home crowd expectations.

Tactics are but one factor. Consider how Germany initially didn't have an optimal formation and lineup. This contributed to difficulties advancing over the US, Ghana, and Algeria. But then Lowe adjusted, returning Lahm to right back, putting into the middle a wall of steel in Boateng, Hummels, Schweinsteiger, and Khedira.

The point is, the same German players still managed to advance up to that point. They had enough talent, composure, fitness, and quality. Brazil didn't. A tactical tweak here and there couldn't make up the difference for Scolari.

In the end, for me, the least common denominator are the 11 men on the pitch. They are the end product of coaching, program management, sports science, and their character. Game day coaching isn't as large a factor, unless the coach does something really dumb, which mostly does not happen.

Scolari did his best. Looking back, he was constantly getting frustrated with his player's immaturity. Remember when Silva got the yellow against Colombia? The cameras showed Scolari wincing and sighing! He knew he was in deep trouble without the defensive linchpin of his team.

And when Brazil lost Neymar in that game as well, the players themselves knew they really were exposed. Again, as the home team, they couldn't handle it. Scolari bringing in a psychologist didn't help. They cracked.

The pundits have it right. Brazil need a total overhaul. They don't have the players right now to be the tier 1 team that they were. It's going to take a lot more than a coaching change.

Again, for me it is all about program management.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

It's not like the Brazilian team was brilliant without Scolari, in fact the 2011 Copa team woth Mano Menezes was even worse.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

mate wrote:I don't believe that Scolari is a poor tactician. He simply couldn't do any better with these players. There was a talent and composure issue that he could never overcome, especially given the burden of home crowd expectations.

Tactics are but one factor. Consider how Germany initially didn't have an optimal formation and lineup. This contributed to difficulties advancing over the US, Ghana, and Algeria. But then Lowe adjusted, returning Lahm to right back, putting into the middle a wall of steel in Boateng, Hummels, Schweinsteiger, and Khedira.

The point is, the same German players still managed to advance up to that point. They had enough talent, composure, fitness, and quality. Brazil didn't. A tactical tweak here and there couldn't make up the difference for Scolari.

In the end, for me, the least common denominator are the 11 men on the pitch. They are the end product of coaching, program management, sports science, and their character. Game day coaching isn't as large a factor, unless the coach does something really dumb, which mostly does not happen.

Scolari did his best. Looking back, he was constantly getting frustrated with his player's immaturity. Remember when Silva got the yellow against Colombia? The cameras showed Scolari wincing and sighing! He knew he was in deep trouble without the defensive linchpin of his team.

And when Brazil lost Neymar in that game as well, the players themselves knew they really were exposed. Again, as the home team, they couldn't handle it. Scolari bringing in a psychologist didn't help. They cracked.

The pundits have it right. Brazil need a total overhaul. They don't have the players right now to be the tier 1 team that they were. It's going to take a lot more than a coaching change.

Again, for me it is all about program management.

Cheers, Mate
I hope it is rather apparent now that Scolari was poor in his preparatuons. It's clear to see if you counter this German team you can beat them, Algeria almost did, Ghana almost did and today Argentina has had the better chances by a slight margin. Are you telling me that Algeria, Ghana and France are way superior to this Brazil team? No Scolari is a one trick pony, he did not even alter formations and tactics against Holland. This team even lacked attacking ideas and patterns of play.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

SCOLARI IS THE WORST COACH OF THE TOURNAMENT, ANY ARGUMENTS?

He made this German team look invincible when they are not.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

So did Bento, Dechamps and pretty much everyone aside from Vahid and Appiah.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

How about Fabio Capello, the Russia coach?
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

African Star wrote: I hope it is rather apparent now that Scolari was poor in his preparatuons. It's clear to see if you counter this German team you can beat them, Algeria almost did, Ghana almost did and today Argentina has had the better chances by a slight margin. Are you telling me that Algeria, Ghana and France are way superior to this Brazil team? No Scolari is a one trick pony, he did not even alter formations and tactics against Holland. This team even lacked attacking ideas and patterns of play.
Scolari's team imploded. The burden of expectations simply broke what turned out to be no more than an average team. Scolari couldn't control his defenders getting dumb yellow cards or running like headless chickens. Never mind Neymar cracking his back.

What turned out to be an average team couldn't handle losing Silva and Neymar and the burden of expectations. They imploded.

By the way, nobody beat Germany. Keep in mind, you have to judge these things over 7 games. On that basis, you're exaggerating Ghana and Algeria, teams that lost 2 games each! In fact, Germany adjusted due to the Ghana and Algeria game, reworking the defense to become stronger.

But don't lose sight of them having the players that made this tactical adjustment work. I don't believe that any tactical adjustment would have made Brazil beat Germany. Again, I think if Brazil stayed disciplined, the result would have been closer, but no different.

Scolari didn't have the horses. Fred, Hulk, and Jo are not the 3 Rs. That is an immense difference.

As we discussed before, a team is mostly the culmination of the development and preparation that happened across a generation or two before a WC. That's how competitive and long ranging WC competition has become. On game day, a coach mostly has to avoid doing something stupid...otherwise, the players and their development and management over years takes over.

Scolari didn't do anything stupid on game day. The players did. It's on them and how they were developed, trained, and managed.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

AS,

Sure he's been to three semis because of pure luck. He is tactically inept and you know better than him. Okay, na true
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

The criticism heaped on Scolari is just too much. But then, he was the losing commander in 'the battle'.
But there can only be so much blame apportioned the coach when it was evident the players were 'doing their
own thing' instead of being focused on and executing instructions.
I believe mate said it best via,

For those with an absolute zeroing down of Scolari's coaching abilities and achievements, I wonder what they truly would have said if our NFF had hired him to take the SE to WC2014.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges