The Seven to miss the cut.

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
The Seven to miss the cut.

Post by truetalk »

All in all a good list by Rohr. He is not beating around the bush. You get the feeling he already knows his final 23, but only wants 30 in camp to run a full scrimmage at all times, be able to sub in and sub out, and also cover for slight injuries.

Good for the 30 called up. A bit sad for Vince. Bust ups happen, so the Oliseh thing is part of the game, but I think he was done when he said he could not sit on the bench for anyone in the SE.

Femi Thomas and Nwolokor are better keepers than Akpeyi & Ajiboye, but it is looking like Uzoho has a lot of growing up to do over the next few weeks. He has a good head on his shoulders & hopefully the stage does not overwhelm him. He conceded the least amount of goals in his league over the season & would have been in the playoffs for the Segunda Division if Deportivo La Coruna were not relegated (Main and feeder clubs cannot play in the same league).

Ezenwa makes mistakes and rash decisions in just about every game. Opposing coaches may be salivating once they see his game tape. He had an excellent CHAN though, but so did Ejike Uzoenyi.

I am happy someone finally stopped the long running joke that was the invitation of Alampasu.

Back to the title of the page. Even though only 1 keeper will be dropped, I am going ahead to drop 2 for the fun of it.

Those to be dropped?

Akpeyi/Ajiboye
Elderson
Eze
Fake Mikel Agu
Uche Agbo
Either Omeruo of Idowu?
I'll leave out a forward for now.

Everyone might say Lokosa, but what the young man is doing in the NPFL is unprecedented. The young man simply knows how to score (See the NPFL highlights thread). Simy has little margin for error, but he is a solid player who was worked his way up to the Serie A over the last 3 years.

Kindly make your own prediction
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Seven to miss the cut.

Post by maceo4 »

truetalk wrote: Everyone might say Lokosa, but what the young man is doing in the NPFL is unprecedented. The young man simply knows how to score (See the NPFL highlights thread). Simy has little margin for error, but he is a solid player who was worked his way up to the Serie A over the last 3 years.

Theres also been Gambo Mohammed and Mfon Udoh, who haven't been able to make the step up. Musa has been one that's been able to do it, lets see if this boy can do the same. But I will be really surprised if he pushes one of Rohrs regulars out.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
born2win
Egg
Egg

Post by born2win »

truetalk wrote:All in all a good list by Rohr. He is not beating around the bush. You get the feeling he already knows his final 23, but only wants 30 in camp to run a full scrimmage at all times, be able to sub in and sub out, and also cover for slight injuries.

Good for the 30 called up. A bit sad for Vince. Bust ups happen, so the Oliseh thing is part of the game, but I think he was done when he said he could not sit on the bench for anyone in the SE.

Femi Thomas and Nwolokor are better keepers than Akpeyi & Ajiboye, but it is looking like Uzoho has a lot of growing up to do over the next few weeks. He has a good head on his shoulders & hopefully the stage does not overwhelm him. He conceded the least amount of goals in his league over the season & would have been in the playoffs for the Segunda Division if Deportivo La Coruna were not relegated (Main and feeder clubs cannot play in the same league).

Ezenwa makes mistakes and rash decisions in just about every game. Opposing coaches may be salivating once they see his game tape. He had an excellent CHAN though, but so did Ejike Uzoenyi.

I am happy someone finally stopped the long running joke that was the invitation of Alampasu.

Back to the title of the page. Even though only 1 keeper will be dropped, I am going ahead to drop 2 for the fun of it.

Those to be dropped?

Akpeyi/Ajiboye
Elderson
Eze
Fake Mikel Agu
Uche Agbo
Either Omeruo of Idowu?
I'll leave out a forward for now.

Everyone might say Lokosa, but what the young man is doing in the NPFL is unprecedented. The young man simply knows how to score (See the NPFL highlights thread). Simy has little margin for error, but he is a solid player who was worked his way up to the Serie A over the last 3 years.

They cant drop idowu for this worldcup.. remember he is a russian playing for nigeria. He plays in russian league and he speaks fluent russian.

asides he is better than echijele mostly based on age.

echijele peaked at 2013-2014 period
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Akpeyi: Worst of the four. Ajiboye may be the best and the most experienced. u-17 a
Elderson
Eze
Agu
Agbo
Lokosa
Uwa
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

CHAN and Continental championships.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I don't get this Lakosa hype. Dude is tearing it up in the NPfL. So what? Ahmed Musa was tearing up the NPFL at 18 but was not called up for the 2010 WC despite needing his speed and finishing in that slow arse team. Wake me up when he (Lakosa) moves to a better league and replicates that form. For now, the WC may be a step to far. As for who should miss out, It ought to be Akpeyi, Ecjijile, Agbo, Agu, Lakosa, Eze and Omeruo/Awaziem. I will go with Omeruo cos of his experience.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bret- hart wrote:I don't get this Lakosa hype. Dude is tearing it up in the NPfL. So what? Ahmed Musa was tearing up the NPFL at 18 but was not called up for the 2010 WC despite needing his speed and finishing in that slow arse team. Wake me up when he (Lakosa) moves to a better league and replicates that form. For now, the WC may be a step to far. As for who should miss out, It ought to be Akpeyi, Ecjijile, Agbo, Agu, Lakosa, Eze and Omeruo/Awaziem. I will go with Omeruo cos of his experience.
Opabunmi was tearing it in the NPLhe was called, Osaze was tearing it up in the NPL,he was also called.....nothing new bro. A Kunle Odunlami was setting the NPL ablaze he was also called. It is rewarding talents!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ebuehi, he is not ready. That Serbia game raised some concerns
Agbo
Simy nwankwo-not enough time to make the squad.

Lokosa
Ajiboye
Eze
Joel obi, injury issues, may not be fully fit. I like Mikel Agu
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:
When did Vincent say this?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote: Everyone might say Lokosa, but what the young man is doing in the NPFL is unprecedented. The young man simply knows how to score (See the NPFL highlights thread). Simy has little margin for error, but he is a solid player who was worked his way up to the Serie A over the last 3 years.

Theres also been Gambo Mohammed and Mfon Udoh, who haven't been able to make the step up. Musa has been one that's been able to do it, lets see if this boy can do the same. But I will be really surprised if he pushes one of Rohrs regulars out.
I agree, but Lokosa has already scored as many goals as the record seasons of most of these guys and the season has just crossed the half way point. He has 18 goals in 21 games in Nigeria (almost no penalties).

There have only been 3 seasons in NPFL history where the highest goal scorer had more than 18 goals. Yet Lokosa is there at the halfway point. That is amazing!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Uncle 1 Naija is here for lessons again!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Aina will not make this squad. Take that to the bank.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Do a search on the forum, but if you think that is doctored, you can try google or youtube.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

lacidi wrote:Aina will not make this squad. Take that to the bank.

Dude, chill it, you are not his God.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

People are crazy if they think Rohr will not take 4 centre backs, especially with Baloguns injury problems.

The amount of people I have seen predicting one of Omeruo or Awaziem to be dropped is astonishing.

No way in hell.

Awaziem and Omeruo are stamped and sealed.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

ANC wrote:

Na wao, so all the people that have been mentioned here Nko? Why is my mentioning Aina now being interpreted as me acting God?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ANC wrote:

He might be on to something, Rohr could possibly go for the experience of Elderson, and the Russian Idowu, so can def see Aina being the odd man out, but this is healthy competition!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

lacidi wrote:
ANC wrote:

Na wao, so all the people that have been mentioned here Nko? Why is my mentioning Aina now being interpreted as me acting God?

Just say you don't think he would make the final list, "Take that to the bank" goes a bit too far, in my opinion. At the end of the day, I wish all of them well, including Ahmed Musa.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
bret- hart wrote:I don't get this Lakosa hype. Dude is tearing it up in the NPfL. So what? Ahmed Musa was tearing up the NPFL at 18 but was not called up for the 2010 WC despite needing his speed and finishing in that slow arse team. Wake me up when he (Lakosa) moves to a better league and replicates that form. For now, the WC may be a step to far. As for who should miss out, It ought to be Akpeyi, Ecjijile, Agbo, Agu, Lakosa, Eze and Omeruo/Awaziem. I will go with Omeruo cos of his experience.
Opabunmi was tearing it in the NPLhe was called, Osaze was tearing it up in the NPL,he was also called.....nothing new bro. A Kunle Odunlami was setting the NPL ablaze he was also called. It is rewarding talents!

:clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

nzeogwu wrote:Akpeyi: Worst of the four. Ajiboye may be the best and the most experienced. u-17 a
Elderson
Eze
Agu
Agbo
Lokosa
Uwa
Na so you hate this guy reach :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Any sane coach will not take a non playing Belgian league player "Echiejele" who can only play LB over

Aina - played all season in championship and cam play both LB and RB

Idowu- played all season in Russia and is familiar with the country and can play LB RB CB

Ebuehi - a top RB in Dutch league who has played all season when not injured.

Only a foolish coach will take a guy who cannot cut it in Belgium, has barely played all season, and can only play one position.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

vancity eagle wrote:Any sane coach will not take a non playing Belgian league player "Echiejele" who can only play LB over

Idowu- played all season in Russia and is familiar with the country and can play LB RB CB

Only a foolish coach will take a guy who cannot cut it in Belgium, has barely played all season, and can only play one position.

Foolish is a stretch - Uwa has lost it a lot but has way more experience than the combined experience of all you have listed. No be experience we go chop but it does count sometimes....just saying oo no come fight me I no be agent. ( and I dont really care for any personnaly )
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Any sane coach will not take a non playing Belgian league player "Echiejele" who can only play LB over

Foolish is a stretch - Uwa has lost it a lot but has way more experience than the combined experience of all you have listed. No be experience we go chop but it does count sometimes....just saying oo no come fight me I no be agent. ( and I dont really care for any personnaly )

I have really tried hard to see what so many see in Uwe. He is solid in my opinion.