GERNOT ROHR EARNS $47,000 PER MONTH.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
GERNOT ROHR EARNS $47,000 PER MONTH.

Post by Ekorian »

For the people clamoring for continuity. How long can we afford to pay this amount ( roughly 18 Million Naira per month) with the state of our economy?
Last edited by Ekorian on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GERNOT ROHR EARNS $47,000 PER MONTH.

Post by metalalloy »

Ekorian wrote:For the people clamoring for continuity. How long can we afford to pay this amount with the state of our economy?
Who is we? Are you paying him a dime? Have you asked who is paying his salary?
Last edited by metalalloy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Our Nike contract ends this year and this is a time for NFF to renegotiate a larger contract and stipend. We can afford to pay that salary on endorsements etc because the moment you hire a local coach he will start inviting UNKWON PLAYERS. Btw, thee was a point in time that rohr wasn’t paid for 5 months consecutively so spare that man
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

metalalloy wrote:
Ekorian wrote:For the people clamoring for continuity. How long can we afford to pay this amount with the state of our economy?

No mind am!
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

So Nigeria must hire Foreign coaches because you don't want unkown players to be invited. No wonder Nigeria is not developing.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

john12 wrote:Our Nike contract ends this year and this is a time for NFF to renegotiate a larger contract and stipend. We can afford to pay that salary on endorsements etc because the moment you hire a local coach he will start inviting UNKWON PLAYERS. Btw, thee was a point in time that rohr wasn’t paid for 5 months consecutively so spare that man

We already are.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ohenhen
1) local coaches like oliseh, Siasia and Keshi (RIP) were inviting players unmerited. The last time oliseh was hired some unknown players like onobi, igboun were benching Mikel. Those were oliseh brother clients
2, local coaches has shown that’s they cannot handle SE big stars and they would likely cause another beef
3, the amount of changes that he made in a space of 2 years is largely significant
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

john12 wrote:Ohenhen
1) local coaches like oliseh, Siasia and Keshi (RIP) were inviting players unmerited. The last time oliseh was hired some unknown players like onobi, igboun were benching Mikel. Those were oliseh brother clients
2, local coaches has shown that’s they cannot handle SE big stars and they would likely cause another beef
3, the amount of changes that he made in a space of 2 years is largely significant

Stop it. We do not know the role the NFF played in those invites. No "local coach" has received the degree of support lack of interference that Rohr received.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have to improve our local league. Improve our local coaches. Hire Nigerians that have an emotional vested interest in the Eagles. That is the only way Nigeria football will get better. Saying things like we don't want the invitation of unknown players that why hiring foreign coaches is best is stupid slave mentality. The sick irony it is difficult for black coaches to get employment all over the world. The NFL introduced the Rooney rule. Black coaches can't get work in the EPL. I am all for hiring the best coach. But it is stupid not to develop your local resources. You think 5 time world champions Brazil is daft enough to think like some of you on CE.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Like I said, they should sack rohr for a local coach and see if you will qualify for qater 2022. I’m rarely wrong in my football analysis
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ekorian wrote:For the people clamoring for continuity. How long can we afford to pay this amount ( roughly 18 Million Naira per month) with the state of our economy?
That's what he negotiated and was agreed to. If you don't like it, ask for more when you negotiate your own salary.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

His 47,000 just earned NFF about 10m for qualifying us for the wc
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

john12 wrote:Like I said, they should sack rohr for a local coach and see if you will qualify for qater 2022. I’m rarely wrong in my football analysis
Nigerian coach qualified Nigeria to Brazil. I hope Rohr resigns on his own. Hire a Nigerian coach. Give the same level of support to him. Why did Oliseh resign?

Sponsor ex players on training courses. Have them in the youth ranks. Training courses for all coaches. The same system used at all levels. The U17 coach must run the system used at the senior level

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Where was Nigeria football before the arrival of Rohr? Them man took an average Nigerian team that could not qualify for the AFCON to th world cup and you want to fire him??
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

pajimoh wrote:His 47,000 just earned NFF about 10m for qualifying us for the wc
47000 times the number of months he has worked earned the NFF $10 million. Think he has been with Nigeria for almost 2 years. Does not sound like a good deal to me if you ask.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Purity wrote:Where was Nigeria football before the arrival of Rohr? Them man took an average Nigerian team that could not qualify for the AFCON to th world cup and you want to fire him??
‘Average’ Nigerian coaches had qualified ‘average’ Nigerian teams for the preceding 2 world cups. An ‘average’ Nigerian coach qualified an ‘average’ Nigerian team Ito the 2nd round. So what exactly is the point her?
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

hestonap wrote:
47000 times the number of months he has worked earned the NFF $10 million. Think he has been with Nigeria for almost 2 years. Does not sound like a good deal to me if you ask.
You're right. We should just get a coach that we can pay N1000 per month. You pay peanuts Na only monkeys go apply.
Check out how much the other WC coaches earn, including those knocked out at the group stage.

You want to be big boys in football world but you think 47,000 is too much? Mourinho is cheaper :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

metalalloy wrote:
Aiteo Energy has signed a deal with the NFF to pay ALL national team coaches for the next 5 years. I think there was a thread on it here, but it's also on Google if you want to search.
To stop trying is to start dying
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

pajimoh wrote:
hestonap wrote:
You're right. We should just get a coach that we can pay N1000 per month. You pay peanuts Na only monkeys go apply.
Check out how much the other WC coaches earn, including those knocked out at the group stage.

You want to be big boys in football world but you think 47,000 is too much? Mourinho is cheaper :tic:
Bros,
On the contrary. I think we should pay for top notch talent. I think for what football brings to Nigerians and for our footballing history $47k per month is not a lot in my opinion.
My point is I am not convinced this coach was ever worth that amount. Especially when one sees how much the NFF went over board to provide him the level of support they did not provide for his Nigerian predecessors.
Once again 47k is not too much. My point is a Nigerian coach achieved better targets at the World Cup getting paid less and with significantly less support and somehow we are to believe Rohr is such a great deal for Nigerian football?
This may sound contrary, I actually do not want him sacked, I think we need continuity but going forward we ought to also give Nigerian coaches the same level of financial and logistic support as Rohr got and equally the same benefit of doubt that some are advocating for Rohr.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

1naija wrote:
Ekorian wrote:For the people clamoring for continuity. How long can we afford to pay this amount ( roughly 18 Million Naira per month) with the state of our economy?
That's what he negotiated and was agreed to. If you don't like it, ask for more when you negotiate your own salary.
KPOM!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Good grief, our own TXJ who knows more than Mourinho and Guardiola will do it for 10k dollars!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

john12 wrote:Like I said, they should sack rohr for a local coach and see if you will qualify for qater 2022. I’m rarely wrong in my football analysis
Please stop posting you inferiority complex having clown. Amodu qualify Nigeria to two World Cups.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Shownoja wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Aiteo Energy has signed a deal with the NFF to pay ALL national team coaches for the next 5 years. I think there was a thread on it here, but it's also on Google if you want to search.

Exactly. So "we" are not paying him.