Victor Osimhen vs Tammy Abraham

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

justpower
Egg
Egg
Victor Osimhen vs Tammy Abraham

Post by justpower »

It would have been great to have Tammy Abraham but he's gonna be cap tied in the next window. For me TA is a very good and skillful footballer but he hasn't showed his class against serious competition and misses alot of chances. Fortunately we have Victor Osimhen whom I rate higher than TA due to his speed, power and ability to convert chances more than TA. Thought?

VO TA
Control 5 5
Footwork 4 5
Power 5 4
Speed 5 4.5
Strength 4.5 4.5
Finishing 5 4.5
Passing 4.5 5
Positioning 4.5 4.5
Hold up play 5 5
Goals 5 7
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Victor Osimhen vs Tammy Abraham

Post by ohenhen1 »

Victor Osimhen is Nigeria starting striker. Wetin concern us with Tammy Abraham?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tammy is a non issue here because he HAS played for England and remains an England player.

As of today Osihmen is the best NIGERIAN striker in the game by far. Even is Tampax Tammy is better than him he's still the best Nigerian striker in the world. Unless FIFA now allows players to rep more than 1 country this issue remains redundant.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is not intelligent.... more threads on a none SE player
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
justpower
Egg
Egg

Post by justpower »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Tammy is a non issue here because he HAS played for England and remains an England player.

As of today Osihmen is the best NIGERIAN striker in the game by far. Even is Tampax Tammy is better than him he's still the best Nigerian striker in the world. Unless FIFA now allows players to rep more than 1 country this issue remains redundant.
Your point is valid but I know people are comparing both players as per both been the hottest Strikers of Nigerian descent. I wanted to show both players strength and weakness and highlight that fact we have something great in VO.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

I prefer Osimhen. Largely because he plays at a better level at his worst. When Tammy is not at his best, he can look abysmal at times (I think Osimhen has more in his arsenal). This may change in time though but basically I believe that Osimhen is the more reliable player of the two currently. That being said Tammy Abraham looks a good prospect. It's still early days for both players.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

justpower wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Tammy is a non issue here because he HAS played for England and remains an England player.

Your point is valid but I know people are comparing both players as per both been the hottest Strikers of Nigerian descent. I wanted to show both players strength and weakness and highlight that fact we have something great in VO.

Abraham plays in England. Unfortunately, people here are biased towards the English game and would invariably rank Abraham higher than Osihmen regardless of results. Stats really don't make a difference in the way people compare the 2 players. 1 goal in Epl = 5 in France but those that know the game can appreciate both players but know that Osihmen has the bigger upside.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:Victor Osimhen is Nigeria starting striker. Wetin concern us with Tammy Abraham?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

justpower wrote:

Then your thread should have been in the World Football Forum.

This forum is for EAGLES only! Not for Nigerian players, Not for people of Nigerian descent, but EAGLES. its quite specific bro. Eagles Nest!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote:Victor Osimhen is Nigeria starting striker. Wetin concern us with Tammy Abraham?
We need more than one striker. What happens if Osimhen is injured?
Should we play Osimehn for the full 90 every game?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Synopsis wrote:

Awoniyi
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Synopsis wrote:
Abraham is an Englishman. He has committed to England, played if a friendly and expects to go to Euro 2020. How many times do we have to repeat that?
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Abraham is an Englishman. He has committed to England, played if a friendly and expects to go to Euro 2020. How many times do we have to repeat that?
He is an English player until he agrees for us to file papers to switch. Which he hasn’t done so as of now there is zero chance of us getting him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tammy has made it clear he is not interested in playing for Nigeria. For me, that chapter is closed abeg.

Our battle for targetman is between:

Victor Osimhen
Paul Onuachu
Taiwo Awoniyi
Josh Maja
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Tammy has made it clear he is not interested in playing for Nigeria. For me, that chapter is closed abeg.

Victor Osimhen
Paul Onuachu
Taiwo Awoniyi
Josh Maja
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -zxls57b6w
Tammy Abraham open to Nigeria call

Conor O’Sullivan

September 16 2019, 12:01am,

Tammy Abraham has cast doubt on his international future by refusing to rule out the possibility of playing for Nigeria despite earning two England caps.

The Chelsea striker scored a hat-trick in the 5-2 win away to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday to become the joint leading scorer in the Premier League with seven goals. He was born in London, but is eligible to play for Nigeria through his paternal lineage. He won two senior England caps in friendlies against Germany and Brazil in 2017, but remains able to switch representation until he makes a senior competitive debut.

“I have not really been focused on that yet,” Abraham, 21, said. “I think when the time comes, the times comes. We never know. You can never say…
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Tammy has made it clear he is not interested in playing for Nigeria. For me, that chapter is closed abeg.

Victor Osimhen
Paul Onuachu
Taiwo Awoniyi
Josh Maja

Conor O’Sullivan

Tammy Abraham has cast doubt on his international future by refusing to rule out the possibility of playing for Nigeria despite earning two England caps.

The Chelsea striker scored a hat-trick in the 5-2 win away to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday to become the joint leading scorer in the Premier League with seven goals. He was born in London, but is eligible to play for Nigeria through his paternal lineage. He won two senior England caps in friendlies against Germany and Brazil in 2017, but remains able to switch representation until he makes a senior competitive debut.

“I have not really been focused on that yet,” Abraham, 21, said. “I think when the time comes, the times comes. We never know. You can never say…
Bros this is just talk esp when you realize that we can’t just call him. We have to apply for a switch at his behest which would take months to process. Something that England don’t have to do, they simply call him for a competitive game and cap him that’s the end. So right now the ball is in his court and as long as he doesn’t request the switch his ONLY option is England.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Victor Osimhen
Paul Onuachu
Taiwo Awoniyi
Josh Maja
Right now, Osimhen has no rival.
It is up to the rest to prove they are capable of challenging him. If he continues as he is, it will be hard for anyone anywhere to dislodge him from that central striking position in any team anywhere in the world.

It is still early days right now but he seems to have the skills and the mentality to reach the very top.
The even greater news for Nigeria is that if other great strikers cannot dislodge him or even make the SE squad then it implies our depth chart is really high quality.
That's what we want. 8-)
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Lolly wrote:

Victor Osimhen
Paul Onuachu
Taiwo Awoniyi
Josh Maja

Conor O’Sullivan

This sounds like, "England, you berra make me a key squad member, odawaise, I fit consider Naija o"
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Victor Osimhen
Paul Onuachu
Taiwo Awoniyi
Josh Maja

Conor O’Sullivan

This sounds like, "England, you berra make me a key squad member, odawaise, I fit consider Naija o"
Exactly!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

cchinukw wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Victor Osimhen
Paul Onuachu
Taiwo Awoniyi
Josh Maja

Conor O’Sullivan

Exactly!
They don’t really have to take him serious, can cap-tie him and never call him again.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Victor Osimhen
Paul Onuachu
Taiwo Awoniyi
Josh Maja

Conor O’Sullivan

But it doesn't sound like what Ayo Akinfe posted.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

maceo4 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Victor Osimhen
Paul Onuachu
Taiwo Awoniyi
Josh Maja

Conor O’Sullivan

Exactly!
They don’t really have to take him serious, can cap-tie him and never call him again.
that is the worry and it will be painful to just waste the talent - cap him once or twice - any slight drop in form england moves on- as they did with Agbloahor or going further back to late Ugo Ehiogu