The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
benteke wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
benteke wrote:Can any of you explain to me Arteta tactics.
Some say he is a counter attack guy who has drilled his team on how to improve build up from the back that Emery started.

A different style of parking a bus?....
Emery did not start build up play from the back at Arsenal.

Arteta has done what every smart Coach/Manager does, he has made the most of the resources at his disposal. After lockdown, Ozil issues meant he had to change the system. In effect, his 3-4-3 sacrifices offence for defensive solidity. But your players have to buy into your ideas. What is clear is, the players work off the ball has improved immensely.
How long are we going to rebrand the ad hoc Diego Simeone/Mourinho tactics, albeit with the formation tweak here and there :biggrin:

Anyway if its bringing glory it's fine, about time those tactics got some respect from the attacking football snobs :thumbs:
You know what, it is a very interesting 3-4-3 because of Luiz role. Luiz is effectively the one who steps into midfield making it a 4-3-3, when Xhaka and Ceballos are getting very close marking. The tweaks make the 3-4-3 a bit more offensive, buy it is essentially a defensive system, designed to stop us conceding as its main priority.
3-4-3 formation is good if you facing teams that play possessive footbal. Teams like Barca, Man City and Liverpool etc. Teams that will swam your and keep coming and coming at you.
The deficiency of this formation comes when we face lower place teams that defend in block of 4 who will willingly concede possession to you. The lack of a genuine creator of chances makes this formation deficient against such teams who will not give you space. How Arteta juggles this formation against this sort of teams is what will determine if we make the top 4 or not. We all know it is the result we get against lower teams that really matter positionally at the end of the day
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
benteke wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
benteke wrote:Can any of you explain to me Arteta tactics.
Some say he is a counter attack guy who has drilled his team on how to improve build up from the back that Emery started.

A different style of parking a bus?....
Emery did not start build up play from the back at Arsenal.

Arteta has done what every smart Coach/Manager does, he has made the most of the resources at his disposal. After lockdown, Ozil issues meant he had to change the system. In effect, his 3-4-3 sacrifices offence for defensive solidity. But your players have to buy into your ideas. What is clear is, the players work off the ball has improved immensely.
How long are we going to rebrand the ad hoc Diego Simeone/Mourinho tactics, albeit with the formation tweak here and there :biggrin:

Anyway if its bringing glory it's fine, about time those tactics got some respect from the attacking football snobs :thumbs:
You know what, it is a very interesting 3-4-3 because of Luiz role. Luiz is effectively the one who steps into midfield making it a 4-3-3, when Xhaka and Ceballos are getting very close marking. The tweaks make the 3-4-3 a bit more offensive, buy it is essentially a defensive system, designed to stop us conceding as its main priority.
3-4-3 formation is good if you facing teams that play possessive footbal. Teams like Barca, Man City and Liverpool etc. Teams that will swam your and keep coming and coming at you.
The deficiency of this formation comes when we face lower place teams that defend in block of 4 who will willingly concede possession to you. The lack of a genuine creator of chances makes this formation deficient against such teams who will not give you space. How Arteta juggles this formation against this sort of teams is what will determine if we make the top 4 or not. We all know it is the result we get against lower teams that really matter positionally at the end of the day
Spot on. You notice how he was forced to change it against Sheffield United because of the exact problem you are mentioning above.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Athletic reporting that the club just paid Ozil an 8 million loyalty bonus.
:ohmy:
This man just turned down a lucrative deal
to Saudi but would rather sit and drain the club.
Wenger should shut his trap.
The deal he gave this lout will go down as the
worst decision ever. Lemme hear another fool
bash the Kroenke’s!
Go check the numbers and see where Arsenal
ranks in net spending over the past five years.
This club has been run by jokers and they are wasting
the owners money
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... onths.html

Arsenal need to beg, threaten or find some means to rid this guy from the club. His presence is of no good to anyone any more
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Sleaky72 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... onths.html

Arsenal need to beg, threaten or find some means to rid this guy from the club. His presence is of no good to anyone any more
Did Ozil force y'all to sign the contract? Did he change the contract terms? Ozil has done what is good for Ozil. If not for him, wouldnt your club have gotten rid of Goonersaurus.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

They have tried to force him out and failed. Just pay the guy's contract off. It is not difficult. This is just bad for the club.

Who has leaked this story if it is true? I think it is true because players get bonuses for silverware, and the club won two of recent. However, I do not believe the bonuses are as much as claimed.

For me, the issue is, a player is being victimised by being made an exception for leaks from the club. Other players not playing also got bonuses, why is Ozil's the only one being exposed? This is plain wrong.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:

They have tried to force him out and failed. Just pay the guy's contract off. It is not difficult. This is just bad for the club.

Who has leaked this story if it is true? I think it is true because players get bonuses for silverware, and the club won two of recent. However, I do not believe the bonuses are as much as claimed.

For me, the issue is, a player is being victimised by being made an exception for leaks from the club. Other players not playing also got bonuses, why is Ozil's the only one being exposed? This is plain wrong.
No don't pay the guy off, send him to the reserves.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You think other players arent watching how you are treating Ozil? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He didnt force y'all to give him the contract. Now you want to insult him and do other crap because of what? What exactly has Ozil done? Apart from on the field performances which varied from good to bad, what did he do?

Also it looks like this treatment is based on directives from above.. this is really not good and the public relations around this mess is disgraceful. What has happened to your club?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:

Bros, there is a narrative about to be spun or rather being spun.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cristao II wrote:

Did Ozil force y'all to sign the contract? Did he change the contract terms? Ozil has done what is good for Ozil. If not for him, wouldnt your club have gotten rid of Goonersaurus.
Child stop being so corny.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:

You keep making assumptions.
Who are the players not playing and making bonuses
near what Ozil’s is draining off the club.
I’ve already said they should strip him of the #10 jersey
and make him train alone.
If he wants to graze in the fields and pocket money
then that’s his prerogative ... but don’t make it comfortable
and don’t allow him to bring his divisive negativity into the
Locker room.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Child stop being so corny.
Is child meant to be an insult? I am someone's child and proud to be.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cristao II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You think other players arent watching how you are treating Ozil? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He didnt force y'all to give him the contract. Now you want to insult him and do other crap because of what? What exactly has Ozil done? Apart from on the field performances which varied from good to bad, what did he do?

Also it looks like this treatment is based on directives from above.. this is really not good and the public relations around this mess is disgraceful. What has happened to your club?
Players are lining up to join Arsenal. We just signed Partey, and Gabriel.

We told him clearly if you stay you will not play. Go out on loan or take a buy out. Ozil refuses. It is not like we are refusing to play him and also refusing to loan him out. Arsenal has treated Ozil fairly. Players also see Arsenal have tried to resolve the problem. We will not be forced to play some one that will not help the club.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Saudi Arabia club offered him a huge tax free deal. He would have made more in Saudi Arabia than in London. They will even pay a 5 MP transfer fee. Ozil turned it down. So why is any one blaming Arsenal for the Ozil debacle.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:Saudi Arabia club offered him a huge tax free deal. He would have made more in Saudi Arabia than in London. They will even pay a 5 MP transfer fee. Ozil turned it down. So why is any one blaming Arsenal for the Ozil debacle.
You have to look who is blaming Arsenal,Ozil should not wear the #10 and should train with kids.
He refused to go on loan and refused to go to SA which is fine but should not be in the team plans and allow in the dressing room.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys we are in trouble ooooh Auba injured and we have big games coming up oooh.
We need him against City
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nathan Butler-Oyedeji, a very talented Nigerian youth player. He is 17 years old just started playing for the under 18s.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

We told him clearly if you stay you will not play. Go out on loan or take a buy out. Ozil refuses. It is not like we are refusing to play him and also refusing to loan him out. Arsenal has treated Ozil fairly. Players also see Arsenal have tried to resolve the problem. We will not be forced to play some one that will not help the club.
Did someone in the club tell you that a loan offer was made and Ozil refused to go or you just believing what you read in the online? Besides even if it is true, so what? Ozil has earned the right to look out for himself and his family. He has a contract and he is honoring his contract. Respect the man's decisions...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Did someone in the club tell you that a loan offer was made and Ozil refused to go or you just believing what you read in the online? Besides even if it is true, so what? Ozil has earned the right to look out for himself and his family. He has a contract and he is honoring his contract. Respect the man's decisions...
Spot on.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He has refused loan moves to Turkey and 5MP move to Saudi Arabia. Also refused buyout offer from the club.

Saudi Arabia wanted to pay him more than what he was currently earning at Arsenal.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:He has refused loan moves to Turkey and 5MP move to Saudi Arabia. Also refused buyout offer from the club.

Saudi Arabia wanted to pay him more than what he was currently earning at Arsenal.
If Arsenal is willing to go without playing him then take the #10 jersey and give to some one else and allow him train with under 12 team.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote:He has refused loan moves to Turkey and 5MP move to Saudi Arabia. Also refused buyout offer from the club.

I am glad even if your information is fake that you have contradicted yourself .....

1. You said he was not going to be able to command what he was earning in Arsenal anywhere else ...yet here you say he was offered more then he earned in Arsenal :rotf:

2. Then you said no one will ever want him :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: yet you say two not one but two want him ..hmmm :rotf: :rotf:

3. You said it was about money and that he was greedy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: yet he got offered more and he did not go chai...

This Ozil dey pain ya body o... leave the guy alone its obvious its not about money anymore for him, it could be his family it could be anything but please respect the mans choice to abide by the contract that he signed lol :rotf: :rotf:

Stop drinking panadol on this matter .. let Edu and Arteta figure it out .. :sneaky: :sneaky:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

Why are arsenal treating william Saliba like a step child. The club did not register him in the Europa league squad, and have been actively trying to loan him out, now have changed their mind and want him to stay. What's really going on here???. Is the player that bad? if you look at the center backs on hand; mustaphi, David, Chambers, Socrates, and Pablo Mari, are they really that better than Saliba? I understand the young man just lost his mom, but is it the right thing to make him feel unwanted? If any thing, he should be supported and made welcome as part of the arsenal family. I am watching Arteta on this one. The future of arsenal defence is Gabriel and Saliba, so why is he been treated this way.
supereagles all the way