2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: Jose Mourinho Fired!!!

Post by Coach »

Rumours of a mighty mutiny. Love it. Could be a social media meltdown, but claims the players demanded Mourinhosaurus was shown the door. Kane refusing to play in the final. Doubt this very much, will wait for the oracle to come forward and substantiate or refute claims. Absolutely loving the sorry state of affairs at the Lane. This is bog standard Mourinho, reduce the team to a squabbling mess...if Chelsea and Man United couldn’t stand the hurricane, who were little Tottenham to think the dinosaur wouldn’t trample across their pretty little flowerbed. All they need now is Eddie Howe in and it’s a cake worthy of Mr Kipling.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Actually Coach, Eddie Howe will be a good signing for Spurs.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

GG of G wrote:Actually Coach, Eddie Howe will be a good signing for Spurs.
They need to make it happen.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

He gets 30M Pounds for this departure?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:He gets 30M Pounds for this departure?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The guy is swimming in money, while his gbola is firmly in Coach's mouth! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] EVE v TOT [WK 32]

Post by danfo driver »

kenmega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kenmega wrote:Tottenham sacked Jose Mourinho after an explosive morning where he refused to take the squad onto the training ground over the club’s proposed European Super League admission.

God bless Jose Mourinho.
You guys would believe anything :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Someone has been sh1t, yet it is this fabu fabu story that you actually believe! As if the players do not know the road to the training ground. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
My bad. It is reported not true.

Then again, why did Levy sack Mourinho a week before the cup final? Hell, he should have been sacked weeks ago. Why cannot we sack him at the end of the season? The timing of his sacking is a strange one and leaving Ryan Mason in charge. Useless club.

My best wishes to Jose Mourinho - I cannot blame him - he tried his best.
He should have been sacked months ago! Levy probably had plans to wait until the summer, but realized that if he waited, they will not qualify for CL.

As for the cup finals, they were absolutely NOT going to win it! Like I said, City was going to destroy them beyond tatters! Did you see what Zagreb did to them?? A worthless Zagreb? Bro! It would have been blood shed next weekend :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] EVE v TOT [WK 32]

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Thank you Jose Mourinho for your time at Spurs. It is a shame the players with no winning mentality ganged up to get you sacked.
What about the loser fans like you who clinged to Aurier, Sanchez and other sh1t players like a b1tch in heat? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Abegggiiii! Like I said, next to those players, the fans with loser mentality also need to leave the club for the club to find success.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:@Kenmega, it is really strange the timing of the sack. Even the wording of the press release is not filled with affection as was with when Pochettino was sacked. There is a Yoruba proverb that says "the crow cried all night and in the morning grandmother is dead". Levy moved Spurs into the ESL and in the morning Jose is gone. Coincidence? I don't believe so. Mourinho is a traditionalist and I am sure he expressed his opposition to the move as he won't want to have anything to do with it. Coupled with the poor run of results Levy might have decided to move forward the sacking rather than wait until end of the season when it is anticipated it will happen.

Tottenham is going from a club we all love and adore to one Levy and Joe Lewis is turning into an American like franchise business where the objective is profit over glory. There are teams in the NBA, NFL, and MLB who are in existence to participate and earn profits for the owners without being concerned about making the playoffs talkless of winning a trophy. They are happy to recruit and trade players cos that is where the money lies.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

With all due respect, you are so dumb that its now becoming a joke! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mourinho is a traditionalist. Have you ever met him? Do you know him personally? How do you know he is a traditionalist? Y'all just trying to make excuses to paper over the obvious! He was sh1t and rightfully is getting fired 8 months too late!

I tried to warn you but you were twerking about "being top of the league" :rotf: :rotf:
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:@Kenmega, it is really strange the timing of the sack. Even the wording of the press release is not filled with affection as was with when Pochettino was sacked. There is a Yoruba proverb that says "the crow cried all night and in the morning grandmother is dead". Levy moved Spurs into the ESL and in the morning Jose is gone. Coincidence? I don't believe so. Mourinho is a traditionalist and I am sure he expressed his opposition to the move as he won't want to have anything to do with it. Coupled with the poor run of results Levy might have decided to move forward the sacking rather than wait until end of the season when it is anticipated it will happen.

Tottenham is going from a club we all love and adore to one Levy and Joe Lewis is turning into an American like franchise business where the objective is profit over glory. There are teams in the NBA, NFL, and MLB who are in existence to participate and earn profits for the owners without being concerned about making the playoffs talkless of winning a trophy. They are happy to recruit and trade players cos that is where the money lies.
Or it might be because Levy felt the team will perform better without Mourinho's reactive, toxic influence
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Coach wrote:
Tufiakwa I will take Potter with Bissouma over Eddie Howe.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

:oops:
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Coach wrote:
Something tells me it may be Scott Parker.

I hope not sha - he is actually a decent coach.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Spurs fan no dey hear road,Oga Danfo warn you guys but no wunna no listen..
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

With all due respect, you are so dumb that its now becoming a joke! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mourinho is a traditionalist. Have you ever met him? Do you know him personally? How do you know he is a traditionalist? Y'all just trying to make excuses to paper over the obvious! He was sh1t and rightfully is getting fired 8 months too late!

I tried to warn you but you were twerking about "being top of the league" :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Chairman Daniel Levy said: "We have great belief in this squad of talented players. We have a cup final and six Premier League games ahead of us and we shall now focus all our energies on achieving a strong finish to the season."

Chei!!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Why is Ryan Mason appointed as Interim Head Coach but not Chris Powell? Powell has much experience in managing small clubs like Spurs than Mason. Disturbing.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ryan Mason's appointment is a real head scratcher. I am not aware of him involved as head of any of the club's academy teams. Will he be able to control players like Kane, Bale, and Lloris? Daniel is becoming more erratic by the day.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:Ryan Mason's appointment is a real head scratcher. I am not aware of him involved as head of any of the club's academy teams. Will he be able to control players like Kane, Bale, and Lloris? Daniel is becoming more erratic by the day.
Me too. This sacking is a very strange time. Levy always have someone ready to appoint a new head coach like what he did with Ramos and Poch.

I knew Chris Powell was appointed as one of the academy coaches but not Ryan Mason. Powell was manager of EPL teams like Charlton and Huddersfield Town in the past.

Levy does piss me off with his decision making for so many years.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Spurs aren't smart..you fire your manager when you have a cup final...City go so beat the crap out of Spurs
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Ryan Mason's appointment is a real head scratcher. I am not aware of him involved as head of any of the club's academy teams. Will he be able to control players like Kane, Bale, and Lloris? Daniel is becoming more erratic by the day.
This is where your former coach failed.

Football is NOT about "controlling players." Think about your work place. Does your boss "control" you? Are you a child that you should be controlled? And we are talking about millionaires here with big egos.

Football is about getting everyone to work together for the greater good and buy into the situation, even when its not favoring them.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Spurs aren't smart..you fire your manager when you have a cup final...City go so beat the crap out of Spurs
City was going to destroy them, regardless.

I think i know why Levy fired mourinho now. Levy had already decided to let him go, due to bad results. And Levy then realized that if Mourinho won the League Cup, it will be almost impossible to justify this sacking at the end of the season. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I dont blame Levy. From a business perspective, i'd have done the same thing. LOL because if he won them a Trophy, o pa ri! You cant move him. :lol:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: Ryan Mason - New Manager!!!

Post by Its a Goal »

I don't know what to make of Ryan Mason's first presser. He just said all the basic stuff without being asked about technical questions. He is a novice at this level and when the pressure is high how will be able to out think and outwit the more experienced manager, especially someone like Pep when they face on Sunday? I just hope the players will bail him out by taking charge on the field.

There is talk that Danny Rose may get a recall.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: Ryan Mason - New Manager!!!

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:I don't know what to make of Ryan Mason's first presser. He just said all the basic stuff without being asked about technical questions. He is a novice at this level and when the pressure is high how will be able to out think and outwit the more experienced manager, especially someone like Pep when they face on Sunday? I just hope the players will bail him out by taking charge on the field.

There is talk that Danny Rose may get a recall.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8