Next ABEG meeting Monday June 12.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ominous signs for the ABEG club

Post by Scipio Africanus »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:17 am I think we need an emergency ABEG meeting. This is getting serious
Good luck! I think most ABEG members are in hiding. :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chei! like play like play England are about to win something oooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:05 pm Coachito, you were making the same noise in 2018.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Serious gbosa. :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:32 pm 2-1 Ukraine. Mazi, keep watching.
Can't be bothered with yoroyoro teams. Hingerlund lucky to be on the easy side of the draw. Italy awaits them.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:16 am Its like Low didnt even bother. Doesnt he know that it will be unbearable if these a$$holes win a major tournament? :curse: :curse: :curse:
Do you know how long the world suffered terribly from their intolerable ways after they won in 1966? :rotf: If they win this Euro, players like Calamity John Stones, Pedestrian Pickford, Trippier, Captain HarryKane, and all the others will not be mentioned any-English-where without their names being prefaced with the title, "THE BEST IN THE WORLD." :rotf: :rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:17 am I think we need an emergency ABEG meeting. This is getting serious
Nothing to worry about yet. I trust Italia.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I've already booked the flight to Benin.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

ohsee wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:10 am
So did the Germans. 1945.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

furiously frank wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:28 am https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57638163

Here is my problem with Inglanterra, they are already looking forward to the finals:
England will never, ever have a better opportunity to win the Euros."

That was former captain Alan Shearer's verdict after the Three Lions' 2-0 win over Germany in the last 16.

This was the round - where England knew they would have to play the runners-up of the group containing France, Germany, Portugal and Hungary - that was was seen by many as the major obstacle for Gareth Southgate's side en route to a potential final.

In fact, going into their last group game against the Czech Republic, there were suggestions England would be better off finishing as runners-up and entering the other side of the draw.

But with Germany eliminated and the Netherlands too, England are now clear favourites to reach the final.

"If you could have picked something like that draw then you would have," Shearer said on BBC One. "We've beaten Germany and we've done it in an impressive way.

"The draw is decent I would say. They're at Wembley - I know they go away for the next game - but if they're lucky enough to get to a final that would have been six games at Wembley and you can't ask for any more than that with an atmosphere like this."
Respect your darn opponents dudes!
Fans will be fans. I am sure Southgate is thinking differently
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ohsee wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:08 am
bret- hart wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:16 am Its like Low didnt even bother. Doesnt he know that it will be unbearable if these a$$holes win a major tournament? :curse: :curse: :curse:
Do you know how long the world suffered terribly from their intolerable ways after they won in 1966? :rotf: If they win this Euro, players like Calamity John Stones, Pedestrian Pickford, Trippier, Captain HarryKane, and all the others will not be mentioned any-English-where without their names being prefaced with the title, "THE BEST IN THE WORLD." :rotf: :rotf:
Southgate is the magician. He is giving them the belief all over again :thumbs:

If they WIN, they must be the BEST in EUROPE. Give them their dues sir! Right now, they are one of the best 8 in Europe. Better than Germany, France, Portugal etc who have all booked their flight home.

Before you call it a fluke, they were number 4 in the world in 2018! Nigeria was what number again? :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Don’t mind Mazi. ‘45 was a fluke too presumably. Germany didn’t stand a chance, history decreed it. Ukraine will take the knee and be proud in the process. All the talk of Italy is absolute nonsense, they won’t be at party when the lights go out and countdown starts. They’re going home soon enough. There’s only one team left to fear, the Norsemen, but ever since Alfred, WE are not afraid.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The eediotuuus in the English press seem to have more pictures of Kane than Prince Raheem. Christmas ewus, the rotten lot of dem. :mad:

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Don’t worry, Igwe Raheem “Rafwell” UgoSterling will be crowned King after his sterling display in the next round.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Any champagne connoisseurs in house...no doubt the prices will be inflated once the Lions rose their way into the final. Best to get a box in now (for the inevitable triumph) and save a pretty penny. Recommendations?
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Saw my first Euro game yesterday in the England Germany match.

Kane is about the laziest striker I have ever seen (goal or no goal).

England still play disjointed football, so are nowhere near favourites, I felt they beat a good German team but their games could still go either way.

They defended a high line yesterday and got away with a fair bit.

Good win though.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:10 am
And Belgium too. Until then, I'm Ukrainian. :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Aswani wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:22 pm Saw my first Euro game yesterday in the England Germany match.

Kane is about the laziest striker I have ever seen (goal or no goal).

England still play disjointed football, so are nowhere near favourites, I felt they beat a good German team but their games could still go either way.

They defended a high line yesterday and got away with a fair bit.

Good win though.
Yep, people in England are getting carried away. The performance was average. Aside from set-pieces, of which they've scored zero, England haven't impressed going forward. Defensively they've been impressive - not surprising when you field 7 defenders.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And yet enough attackers to ensure the Germans kept “a flogging in London” in the family.

As Belgium, the new Beautiful Orange, they’ll be going home soon enough. Isn’t it Belgium vs The Side Switchers? Meaning one of the two will be spared a mauling by the Lions.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

England won because of Timo Werner and Muller
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:26 pm England won because of Timo Werner and Muller
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Two of the most useless Germans to have ever played national team football. :lol: I don't know why Low had them on the team to begin with. :mad:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:37 pm The eediotuuus in the English press seem to have more pictures of Kane than Prince Raheem. Christmas ewus, the rotten lot of dem. :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Skip, why you dey support dis racist modafokas? :mad: I have never officially applied to ABEG, but now I wish to meet the president of this noble and needed society to apply for lifetime membership, and I am even willing to pay dues arrears for the last 10 years. :D :taunt:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

ohsee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:28 pm
Two of the most useless Germans to have ever played national team football. :lol: I don't know why Low had them on the team to begin with. :mad:
I still have love for Muller b/c of the 2 goals he scored against England in WC2010, but the guy is a serious jambodi. I felt like reaching for him from my TV and strangling him.

Low looked like he was trying to lose.
http://www.naijiant.com/
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:36 pm
ohsee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:28 pm
I still have love for Muller b/c of the 2 goals he scored against England in WC2010, but the guy is a serious jambodi. I felt like reaching for him from my TV and strangling him.

Low looked like he was trying to lose.
Nna, I have no love right now for Muller. Or for Low. Low had the useless guy on for 90 minutes. At half time, I was screaming for the guy to be pulled because he was not just minus 1 for the Germans, he was plus 1 for the English, dashing them the ball all over the place, almost resulting in a goal before half time. When he was straining and running after the ball in that atrocious miss, I just knew he was going to fluff it. The way he had been playing all game told me.