Next ABEG meeting Monday June 12.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ominous signs for the ABEG club

Post by bret- hart »

ohsee wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:10 am
bret- hart wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:17 am I think we need an emergency ABEG meeting. This is getting serious
Nothing to worry about yet. I trust Italia.
Italy ke?? They almost lost to a German province in the 2nd round. Hmmmmmm
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

ohsee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:44 pm
Nna, I have no love right now for Muller. Or for Low. Low had the useless guy on for 90 minutes. At half time, I was screaming for the guy to be pulled because he was not just minus 1 for the Germans, he was plus 1 for the English, dashing them the ball all over the place, almost resulting in a goal before half time. When he was straining and running after the ball in that atrocious miss, I just knew he was going to fluff it. The way he had been playing all game told me.
Whenever I see players like Muller, I regret quitting playing football b/c I didn't have talent. They prove that you can have a successful career without being able to control a ball and with just determination.
http://www.naijiant.com/
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

England never seems to remember that 'pride comes before a fall' - a phrase that came from them if memory serves me right
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Yujeen, Pride passed last week in a kaleidoscope of fabulous fluorescence. Reds, yellows, pinks, magentas. Optimus Prime and all the Transformers. So, whose then was the fall? Two words, Berlin. So much for Yogi bear-hoff’s Schleiffan plan. Blitzreig, more like Sterlingrad, Raheem Sterlingrad. Karl Walkerstein castle. Fort Philips. Type of beating that calls for another Berlin Wall. History.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:57 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:10 am
bret- hart wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:17 am I think we need an emergency ABEG meeting. This is getting serious
Nothing to worry about yet. I trust Italia.
Italy ke?? They almost lost to a German province in the 2nd round. Hmmmmmm
Don’t mind Mazi, water in the ears after the torpedoing the Yanks took wholesale courtesy of Toshiba industries. Billy Britain to the rescue. ‘45.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

cic old boy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:39 pm
ohsee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:44 pm
Nna, I have no love right now for Muller. Or for Low. Low had the useless guy on for 90 minutes. At half time, I was screaming for the guy to be pulled because he was not just minus 1 for the Germans, he was plus 1 for the English, dashing them the ball all over the place, almost resulting in a goal before half time. When he was straining and running after the ball in that atrocious miss, I just knew he was going to fluff it. The way he had been playing all game told me.
Whenever I see players like Muller, I regret quitting playing football b/c I didn't have talent. They prove that you can have a successful career without being able to control a ball and with just determination.
You made the right choice, unless you have an infinite capacity to swallow yabbis, especially from Naijas where a "wastepipe" is concerned :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:32 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:37 pm The eediotuuus in the English press seem to have more pictures of Kane than Prince Raheem. Christmas ewus, the rotten lot of dem. :mad:
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Skip, why you dey support dis racist modafokas? :mad: I have never officially applied to ABEG, but now I wish to meet the president of this noble and needed society to apply for lifetime membership, and I am even willing to pay dues arrears for the last 10 years. :D :taunt:
Oga, for all awa long standing yabbis against Hingran, as a Black man, I feel much, much more comfortable there than in Germany, or goodness forbid ... Italy :scared: :scared:

And I am genuinely happy for Sterling, the other Black players and indeed the whole English squad and especially their manager Southgate, who seems like a thoroughly decent chap. :thumb:

Wha choo looking at?!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

AreaDaddy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:21 pm They are clutching at straws. The England I saw against the Czech Republic has no business in the finals.
It's not a league. The best team doesn't necessarily win tournaments
Eaglet
Eaglet

QF Predictions:

Spain 4 Switzerland 1
Belgium 2 Italy 2 Belgium win on PKs

Hingran 3 Ukraine 0
Czech Republic 2 Denmark 0

Wha choo looking at?!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Raising DEFCON levels.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ukraine, crimea’d.
Danes, Alfreded.
The Spaniards (after Italy bottle it) - Paella’d.
It’s coming home.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Please change title... this one has gone past ominous....

I think a final is almost inevitable now, all we can hope for is an Italian Job.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

AreaDaddy wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:34 am Please change title... this one has gone past ominous....

I think a final is almost inevitable now, all we can hope for is an Italian Job.
Yeah I'm more worried than I was in 2018.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

AreaDaddy wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:34 am Please change title... this one has gone past ominous....

Oga, with that impermeable English defense, I think we should start referring to it as an English Job. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Foregone conclusion. One word. Mers-el-Kébir. Mazi skipped that chapter! French bottle jobs ready to oil up and bend for the Itals and Krauts, not on Jim’s watch. Aerial onslaught, a thorough battering by sea. Battleships, warships, boats and canoes, sunk to the deepest depths of Davey Jones’ locker, before the cowardly Greizmans could hand them over to Heinz and Herrflich.

When? July 3rd 1940. 81 years to the day. After Ukraine take a pasting, the Norseman and then the Spaniards or Itals, same difference.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

It's looking ominous
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:49 pm It's looking ominous
Hah :D
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Looking even more ominous
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ominous because they're beating Ukraine?

:rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:49 pm England never seems to remember that 'pride comes before a fall' - a phrase that came from them if memory serves me right

Let them have their pride, Every Country has the same pride after a win in football and any sport.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

A new NGO just got registered.
NO BEG ( No One But EnGland)

Well, until they get knocked out.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Enugu Rangers would have beaten this yeye Ukraine 5-0. Some of these European teams are embarrassing.
http://www.naijiant.com/
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

It will do y'all like film trick. :biggrin:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!