D’TIGERS Tokyo 2021

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: D’TIGERS Tokyo 2021

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

truetalk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:20 pm On the Women's side, it will just be unfair to choose Aisha Balarabe over Evelyn Akhator. I was against Scott Nnaji's injustice in keeping Aisha Balarabe out when she was the best Nigerian player available and winning Europe league game MVPs, but that was many years ago. She has looked old and slow in the last few tournaments and it seems there is no reasonable reason for her to be in the team at all, not to talk of ahead of Evelyn Akhator, who was the best player a couple of Afrobaskets last. On another note, good to see Liz Williams and a couple of Ogwumikes.

If they can get Arike, this team might be better than Team USA.

For the women’s national team, coach Otis Hughley listed three new players — Erica Ogwumike, Oderah Chidom and Elizabeth Williams — in his squad.

Ogwumike’s sisters Nneka, a World Cup winner with the US in 2014 and 2018, and Chiney, also made the squad.

The other players who made the squad are Adaora Elonu, Aisha Balarabe, Amy Amukamara, Atonye Nyingifa, Ezinne Kalu, Pallas Kunayi-Akpanah, Ifunaya Ibekwe, Amy Okonkwo and Victoria Macauley.

Also, exciting power forward Evelyn Akhator missed out from D’Tigress squad for the Olympics, following COVID-19 travel restrictions, which prevented her from joining the other players in camp in the United States.

D’Tigress are drawn against USA, France and hosts Japan.
Have Nneka and Chiney been cleared by FIBA?

I hope the part about being better than team USA is just optimistic humor🙂❗️

Cheers.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:58 pm
truetalk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:20 pm On the Women's side, it will just be unfair to choose Aisha Balarabe over Evelyn Akhator. I was against Scott Nnaji's injustice in keeping Aisha Balarabe out when she was the best Nigerian player available and winning Europe league game MVPs, but that was many years ago. She has looked old and slow in the last few tournaments and it seems there is no reasonable reason for her to be in the team at all, not to talk of ahead of Evelyn Akhator, who was the best player a couple of Afrobaskets last. On another note, good to see Liz Williams and a couple of Ogwumikes.

For the women’s national team, coach Otis Hughley listed three new players — Erica Ogwumike, Oderah Chidom and Elizabeth Williams — in his squad.

Ogwumike’s sisters Nneka, a World Cup winner with the US in 2014 and 2018, and Chiney, also made the squad.

The other players who made the squad are Adaora Elonu, Aisha Balarabe, Amy Amukamara, Atonye Nyingifa, Ezinne Kalu, Pallas Kunayi-Akpanah, Ifunaya Ibekwe, Amy Okonkwo and Victoria Macauley.

Also, exciting power forward Evelyn Akhator missed out from D’Tigress squad for the Olympics, following COVID-19 travel restrictions, which prevented her from joining the other players in camp in the United States.

Cheers.
I'll take Arike over Sue Bird right now. Taurasi is also no Spring Chicken

A front court of the Ogwumikes and Liz Williams will hold its own against Stew & Tina Charles. Maybe Griner will harass us, but we have some height as well.

Then the Nigerian team has a couple of solid players in Ezinne Kanu and Promise Amukamara.

Well, Arike is not in camp & I sense they might just not clear Nneka for the reasons stated above, so we may just never know, but I'm not kidding.
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Cheers.
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/ol ... 882411002/ << I think so.
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

truetalk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:05 am

Cheers.

A front court of the Ogwumikes and Liz Williams will hold its own against Stew & Tina Charles. Maybe Griner will harass us, but we have some height as well.

Then the Nigerian team has a couple of solid players in Ezinne Kanu and Promise Amukamara.

Well, Arike is not in camp & I sense they might just not clear Nneka for the reasons stated above, so we may just never know, but I'm not kidding.
First of all, there is no member of the US Olympic Women’s team who wouldn’t walk on to the Tigeress squad.

It’s nice that you think so highly of Arike that you’ll take her over Sue Bird, the greatest point guard of all time in women’s basketball. Kobe Bryant nicknamed her “the White Mamba”, for crying out loud. Sue at 40, Dianna at 39 and Tina Charles at 32 are still the best of the best. Why do you think they are still in the WNBA? These three, along with Breanna Stewart have won everything there is to win in basketball, from high school to the pros; All American honors, multiple NCAA championships, multiple WNBA championships and more; rookie of the year, mvp, you name it, they’ve done it. Breanna has the exact same credentials as the first three I mentioned except she’s only 27.

I hail your optimism regarding D’Tigeress but the US is too deep and too talented❗️

Cheers.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Nigeria vs USA men's basketball friendly today.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:33 am Nigeria vs USA men's basketball friendly today.
Any idea where we can watch it?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

truetalk wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:33 am Nigeria vs USA men's basketball friendly today.
Here’s a big chance to test their state of readiness. Good luck to D’Tigers❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:51 am
If you are in the US, it’s on NBCSN at 8 pm Eastern time❗️

Cheers.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:20 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:51 am
If you are in the US, it’s on NBCSN at 8 pm Eastern time❗️

Cheers.

https://heavy.com/news/usa-nigeria-bask ... ve-stream/

These are the streaming options.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

There’s no game thread?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Live on youtube
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

K wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:27 am There’s no game thread?
Too engrossed watching to comment, but time out now.

Good start. D'Tigers hanging with Team USA
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

REVELATION

Guard Caleb Agada. Could be in the NBA next season. The Lakers can use a shooter.
Bell
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Good block by Precious Achiuwa on KD
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

HALF-TIME SCORE

Nigeria 41, USA 43.
Bell
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

2 point game at the end of the 3rd quarter
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

We don win, We don win, We don win, We don win
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We whopped the americans
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Yeah, Nigeria is now in the conversation on which countries have a chance to medal at the Olympics.
Congratulations to all those who contributed to getting the team together. I'm sure putting the team
together costs a lot of resources and commitment.
Cheers to all.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Advocating rational thought since 1987
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

All I can say is WOW.

Well done D’Tigers❗️

Cheers.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Bell wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:39 am REVELATION

Guard Caleb Agada. Could be in the NBA next season. The Lakers can use a shooter.
Bell
Was really impressed with him. Honestly I didn't expect much as I thought a kid raised who was raised in Canada and chose to go to College in Canada would have a low ceiling. Plus he is playing in Israel and not mainland Europe, but the kid shut me up and played superbly. The backcourt was great, and the Ike Ireogbu was OK with limited minutes and a lot of help.

We can't sneak up on any team now, but I still expect us to go far.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:27 pm
truetalk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:05 am

Cheers.

First of all, there is no member of the US Olympic Women’s team who wouldn’t walk on to the Tigeress squad.

It’s nice that you think so highly of Arike that you’ll take her over Sue Bird, the greatest point guard of all time in women’s basketball. Kobe Bryant nicknamed her “the White Mamba”, for crying out loud. Sue at 40, Dianna at 39 and Tina Charles at 32 are still the best of the best. Why do you think they are still in the WNBA? These three, along with Breanna Stewart have won everything there is to win in basketball, from high school to the pros; All American honors, multiple NCAA championships, multiple WNBA championships and more; rookie of the year, mvp, you name it, they’ve done it. Breanna has the exact same credentials as the first three I mentioned except she’s only 27.

I hail your optimism regarding D’Tigeress but the US is too deep and too talented❗️

Cheers.
With what happened tonight on the men's side, I just hope they don't frustrate Nneka's application to switch. The American and the Europeans will have an aligned interest in not wanting a strong Nigerian team