IF a Nigerian was the current SE coach he would have been fired

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: IF a Nigerian was the current SE coach he would have been fired

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we have the enemies of progress comparing Amodu's work to the fake weak zero no tactics ****. no european team will touch the man parading as our coach. I cannot wait for him to get exposed. the question folks should ask, is why do the nff insist on turning our football to pre-historic era with this old fake coach? this has to be more than football...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:26 am
Ah, sebi you said it was a mistake? :lol:
They should have given the job to a “deserving” Amuneke who had won the U17 World Cup 9 months before.
His greatest achievement till date.
:roll:
I said such :roll:

Uncle Damunk, don't be emotional :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:35 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:26 am
Ah, sebi you said it was a mistake? :lol:
They should have given the job to a “deserving” Amuneke who had won the U17 World Cup 9 months before.
His greatest achievement till date.
:roll:
I said such :roll:

Uncle Damunk, don't be emotional :taunt: :taunt:
Stop projecting.
Say it if you are denying it: "Rohr's hiring was not a mistake".

Oya, declare your position.
(I expect you to dodge, but prove me wrong) :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:42 pm Stop projecting.
Say it if you are denying it: "Rohr's hiring was not a mistake".

Oya, declare your position.
(I expect you to dodge, but prove me wrong) :taunt:
My views on Rohr is well known! A search should help you out :taunt: :taunt:

P.S I trying to buying a ticket to watch Raphael Nwadike vs Copenhagen FC.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:52 am
aruako1 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:26 am
gochino wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:50 am
fabio wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:33 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:22 am
How does Amuneke “deserve” a chance? On what basis?
Don’t get me wrong. I love the guy but that is just sentiment.
So what qualifies him to take charge of the Nigerian snr NT, other than the fact that he is a Nigerian?

In most professions, before you get hired not only do you have to show your qualifications and experience, you also have to account for any gaps in your CV.
So all sentiments aside, what has he been doing in the last two years?

Same with Finidi. Same with Oliseh.
Sentimental aside, what was Rohr doing before he got employed by the NFF?
Good question! Most important thing is you also have to account for your achievements in the game. What exactly did Rohr achieve in his 20 yrs of coaching?...Amunike won the u17 and hisorically qualified Libya for the Anc, Keshi historically qualified tiny Togo for their first ever world cup, against all odds! All I remember is Rohr being sacked for underperformance at Gabon and Niger.
To be fair he also took Bordeaux to the 1996 UEFA Cup final with a certain Zinedine Zidane.
I don't think Gochino knows that otherwise he wouldnt have asked the question the way he did.
Now he knows, he will modify his position to "the last ten years" and that 1996 "was 25 years ago, not 20". :D

Point is, this anti-Rohr argument is only given legs by setting up strawmen, like anybody is saying he is "the best coach ever". :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is what we can afford and he is who we can attract.
Meanwhile, we don't have another Keshi waiting in the shadows and the best Nigerian candidates are just not doing enough to "deserve" the job.

I laugh at that word 'deserve". Let's not disrespect any Nigerian coach here but right now, nobody "deserves' anything.
You work and prove your mettle.

Its a no-brainer but the naysayers won't give up until they have their way and the next poor guy comes along to carry the cross on his shoulders.
We all know that he played in a final in 1996,that's snow from yesterday....But again that's the point and the question still is: What has he done in the last 20 years?...No one is saying that Rohr could not have been good in the mid 90s but we are not in the mid 90s are we? The football world has changed and dinosaurs can't take us to the next level, you can take that to the bank!...He has been in charge for close to 6yrs, majority of our players have been together for 4yrs, there is continuity, fine, but a quick question: Does that team play as if they have been together for 4 yrs and coached by a manager that has been on the job for close to six years?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

So what qualifies him to take charge of the Nigerian snr NT, other than the fact that he is a Nigerian?

In most professions, before you get hired not only do you have to show your qualifications and experience, you also have to account for any gaps in your CV.

...sitting on the way side doing this, as oyinbo got automatic call :lol: :lol:

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2008–2009 Étoile Sahel[3]
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:52 am
aruako1 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:26 am
gochino wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:50 am

Good question! Most important thing is you also have to account for your achievements in the game. What exactly did Rohr achieve in his 20 yrs of coaching?...Amunike won the u17 and hisorically qualified Libya for the Anc, Keshi historically qualified tiny Togo for their first ever world cup, against all odds! All I remember is Rohr being sacked for underperformance at Gabon and Niger.
To be fair he also took Bordeaux to the 1996 UEFA Cup final with a certain Zinedine Zidane.
I don't think Gochino knows that otherwise he wouldnt have asked the question the way he did.
Now he knows, he will modify his position to "the last ten years" and that 1996 "was 25 years ago, not 20". :D

Point is, this anti-Rohr argument is only given legs by setting up strawmen, like anybody is saying he is "the best coach ever". :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is what we can afford and he is who we can attract.
Meanwhile, we don't have another Keshi waiting in the shadows and the best Nigerian candidates are just not doing enough to "deserve" the job.

I laugh at that word 'deserve". Let's not disrespect any Nigerian coach here but right now, nobody "deserves' anything.
You work and prove your mettle.

Its a no-brainer but the naysayers won't give up until they have their way and the next poor guy comes along to carry the cross on his shoulders.
For many it is not about Rohr per se. But it rankles when some people judge local and foreign coaches differently. Some of the voices that called loudly for Amodu's sacking and vilified Keshi are the same ones defending Rohr.

I was not happy with our World Cup, and I wouldn't have complained if Rohr was sacked then, or even after the ANC (it is best to have a fresh start after a tournament). However, it would be lunacy to sack him before we have concluded our World Cup journey. And while we still have him, we will still moan when we are not happy but we must never wish a loss or poor result on the team as two prominent posters love to do when they don't like the manager.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I see nothing wrong in letting him go right now, we let Amodu go twice and also Philip troussier. Why should **** get special treatment
SuperEagles

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:54 pm I see nothing wrong in letting him go right now, we let Amodu go twice and also Philip troussier. Why should **** get special treatment
Those were wrong decisions. We shouldn't make more wrong decisions.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:11 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:54 pm I see nothing wrong in letting him go right now, we let Amodu go twice and also Philip troussier. Why should **** get special treatment
Those were wrong decisions. We shouldn't make more wrong decisions.
In BPs world of logic, many wrongs equal a right... Imagine pushing for a coach to be fired right in the thick of crucial qualifiers for both AFCON and the WC even when he has so far met the goals of qualification (still in progress) with his team comfortably leading the table for both tournaments, with the possibility of qualifying with games to spare... but yeah, it's SMART to simply fire Rohr because we don't like his brand of football even though we've not lost a single tournament game yet.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Someone insinuated covertly that Rohr’s hiring had to do with more than just football. There’s plenty of circumstantial evidence to suggest that is true❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I do not get some of you guys. Why have sentiments towards a coach? That is one of the highest turnover jobs on this planet. We've let many managers go and we've won AFCON . qualified for WCs etc Chelsea , Real etc do change managers and they win big...instead you people are promoting mediocrity . We aren't going anywhere with ****. Mind you the dude will me 69 years old. What new ideas can we get from him? We are going to have a 70 year old as coach...smh
SuperEagles

tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

We cannot even pay his considerable SALARY arrears, yet we are complaining......he knows he can't be sacked because we can't afford it and if we were dumb enough to try it CAS will rule on his behalf with interest!

What makes you think the next guy will be treated any differently?

Let's focus our vitriol at Pinnick/NFF, we're never going to get the coach we think we deserve until this keystone cops administration recurring cycle ends.....
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:19 pm A long long time ago. Amodu qualified us 2ce the WC in 2002 and 2010 . won Silver , 2 Bronzes at AFCON.. never lost a WCq... today we are celebrating the victories over the almighty CAPE VERDE...whereas AMODU was beating the crap out of ghana etc to qualify for the worldcup...winning home and away , left and right ..today enemies of progress are celebrating way below pars as achievements ...shame.. we cannot beat a top AFRICAN team... our levels today nah SALONE etc

this is what AMODU did to save the SE from WOWOS

IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:22 pm I do not get some of you guys. Why have sentiments towards a coach? That is one of the highest turnover jobs on this planet. We've let many managers go and we've won AFCON . qualified for WCs etc Chelsea , Real etc do change managers and they win big...instead you people are promoting mediocrity . We aren't going anywhere with ****. Mind you the dude will me 69 years old. What new ideas can we get from him? We are going to have a 70 year old as coach...smh
Has your NFF paid him the salary he's been owed? You want a world class manager but you can't even pay the below average one you have :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:42 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:22 pm I do not get some of you guys. Why have sentiments towards a coach? That is one of the highest turnover jobs on this planet. We've let many managers go and we've won AFCON . qualified for WCs etc Chelsea , Real etc do change managers and they win big...instead you people are promoting mediocrity . We aren't going anywhere with ****. Mind you the dude will me 69 years old. What new ideas can we get from him? We are going to have a 70 year old as coach...smh
Has your NFF paid him the salary he's been owed? You want a world class manager but you can't even pay the below average one you have :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abeg, no kill me with lafta….
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Excuse me?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:01 pm Someone insinuated covertly that Rohr’s hiring had to do with more than just football. There’s plenty of circumstantial evidence to suggest that is true❗️

Cheers.
So what did you hear?
What we remember is that he wasn’t the first choice. Some other dude turned down the job at the last minute.
So I don’t know what kind of agenda the conspiracy theorists have now come up with. :)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so believe a white man would work for free in Africa for months without getting paid.. you've been bamboozled. i repeat no man would be on a gig for almost 1 year with no pay to eeat
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:57 pm

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria
Well you can say Amunike's experience the same gap that **** had in between 1992 and 1996 or 1996 and 1999. Gaps happen, but Amunike has coached and won with our youth NT's and coached a senior NT before and qualified them for ANC and coached at ANC. So its unfair to insinuate he has no viable qualifications for the job. Certainly has more than the likes of Seedorf that Cameroon hired and even Senegal's current coach who did better than **** at the last ANC.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:30 pm

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria
Well you can say Amunike's experience the same gap that **** had in between 1992 and 1996 or 1996 and 1999. Gaps happen, but Amunike has coached and won with our youth NT's and coached a senior NT before and qualified them for ANC and coached at ANC. So its unfair to insinuate he has no viable qualifications for the job. Certainly has more than the likes of Seedorf that Cameroon hired and even Senegal's current coach who did better than **** at the last ANC.
maceo4, abeg don’t bring yet another straw man.
He has the qualifications. The question is what has he done with them. No one is contesting what qualifications he has acquired.
We are NOT trying to disrespect him or any other Nigerian coach.
Oliseh has qualifications. Finidi has qualifications. I’m sure Amokachi and those other Nigerians coaching in remote Europe all have too.
If na qualification alone, there are thousand of them all over the world looking for a job.

But I’m surprised that getting Tanzania to qualify for AFCON is now seen as a ‘qualification’ in itself, good enough for Nigeria; but the AFCON bronze is rubbished as “no big deal” and ‘qualifying’ with games to spare is casually dismissed.
Then of course there is the hush-hushed fact that Amuneke’s Tanzania ended up DEAD LAST at the same AFCON (or was it second to last? Same difference). Let’s not even mention the club ‘experiences’ he has had since then.

Can you see how the debate isn’t really an honest one?
People are just refusing to hear the other side and forcing the opening of Amuneke’s Pandora’s Box which we’d all rather avoid.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:14 pm
so believe a white man would work for free in Africa for months without getting paid.. you've been bamboozled. i repeat no man would be on a gig for almost 1 year with no pay to eeat
He has told you he is not a hungry man.
When he was younger he obviously invested his money wisely and didn’t spend it all on “shewens” and “72 inch colour TVS” :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:20 pm

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria
He has the qualifications. The question is what has he done with them. No one is contesting what qualifications he has acquired.
Oliseh has qualifications. Finidi has qualifications. I’m sure Amokachi and those other Nigerians coaching in remote Europe all have too.
If na qualification alone, there are thousand of them all over the world looking for a job.

But I’m surprised that getting Tanzania to qualify for AFCON is now seen as a ‘qualification’ in itself, good enough for Nigeria; but the AFCON bronze is rubbished as “no big deal” and ‘qualifying’ with games to spare is casually dismissed.
Then of course there is the hush-hushed fact that Amuneke’s Tanzania ended up DEAD LAST at the same AFCON (or was it second to last? Same difference). Let’s not even mention the club ‘experiences’ he has had since then.

People are just refusing to hear the other side and forcing the opening of Amuneke’s Pandora’s Box which we’d all rather avoid.
For a country that last qualified almost 40 years ago and as their only ever qualification to AFCON prior to Amunike's reign, one can say anyone that qualifies them deserve a chance. That person can make diamond out of cow turd. Tanzania qualification by Amunike was a Mission impossible that he managed to pull off.

My point is, Amunike has coached a few men's team and didn't crap himself while doing it. He actual got non football Tanzania to play well. One can only do so much with no skills. The man should be considered as a viable option for the management of the SE. His team plays with a purpose and tactically set up well and that what we need more than anything on the SE.
Last edited by Cito on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:20 pm

Teams managed
1990 Bordeaux
1991–1992 Bordeaux
1996 Bordeaux
1999–2000 Créteil
2002–2005 Nice
2005–2006 Young Boys
2007–2008 Ajaccio
2009 Nantes
2010–2012 Gabon
2012–2014 Niger
2015 Burkina Faso
2016– Nigeria

I will not be surprised IF Nigeria has won more ANC bronze than the number of times that Tanzania has qualified for the ANC. So while winning bronze is nothing for Nigeria qualification for ANC is a BIG deal for Tanzania.

Qualification for WC is not a big deal for Nigeria but it is a big deal for Togo! While Nigeria has qualified for WC many times Togo has done it only once so any coach that is able to do that for them will be highly rated.

What was Rohr's performance in Niger and even Burkina Faso? How different was it when compared with Amuneke?

I will be shocked IF Amuneke is not able to better Rohr's achievement with the SE given the same 'support' from the NFF!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”