Nigerian Professional Football League 2021

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian Professional Football League 2021

Post by Purity »

VIOLENCE
Kano Pillars fans encroach pitch to interrupt their NPFL Clash Vs Akwa United Football Club, Uyo at the Ahmadu Bello stadium Kaduna.
Scores stood at 0-0 as at the 90th minute when the fans encroached to intimidate the match Officials.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Purity wrote:VIOLENCE
Kano Pillars fans encroach pitch to interrupt their NPFL Clash Vs Akwa United Football Club, Uyo at the Ahmadu Bello stadium Kaduna.
Scores stood at 0-0 as at the 90th minute when the fans encroached to intimidate the match Officials.
Hmmmm! They have a lot to learn from the 'tactical' masters who do their own 'intimidating' upfront :taunt: :taunt:.

Purity, do you know why Pillars played in Kaduna instead of Kano?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

RANGERS BEAT KANO PILLARS

https://sportinglife.ng/how-rangers-cru ... encounter/

Rangers International of Enugu practically crushed the resistance of title challenger, Kano Pillars F.C 2-0 in a matchday 34 fixture inside the main bowl of Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu, Wednesday.

Christian Nnaji who missed the ‘Oriental Derby’ over the weekend due to the death of his mentor, Chief Philip Chinonso Udala, reacted well to nod home a Tope Olusesi’ inviting corner-kick on five minutes to set the tone for what would have been total demolition but for some missed opportunities.

Coach Salisu Yusuf kept faith with eight members of the squad that fell to Heartland with the introduction of Tony Shimaga, Elijah Ani and Christian Nnaji in a 4-3-3 formation that dominated early proceedings with Ibrahim Olawoyin, Tony Shimaga and Ugochukwu Ugwuoke at their best just as the Rabi’u Ali led ‘Sai Masu Gida’ played catch-up.

On 18 minutes, the visitors almost drew level following a defensive mix-up but Ebuka David saw his effort fly over the bar and few minutes later, Nnaji thought he had his second of the day but his effort only greased the side netting after being set up by Olawoyin on 25 minutes.

read also:Barcelona to tackle Red Bull Salzburg in pre-season friendly

Esor Achibong scored his first goal for the host and the second goal of the day at the half-hour mark after been fed by Nnaji off some neat interchange of passes.

Joshua Enaholo who stood between the sticks for the visitors produced two super saves on 42 and 45 minutes to deny Elijah Ani and Christian Nnaji while league legend, Rabi’u Ali watched in awe as his curly effort missed target three minutes into the added-on time.

Kano Pillars gaffer, Ibrahim Musa, introduced the troika of Jamil Mohammad, Nyima Nwagua, and Gerome Kuilong at the start of the second stanza and this move helped in pushing back the rampaging host a bit and in one of their move upfront, Rangers’ Ghanaian shot-stopper, Nana Bonso committed a professional foul outside his area and got the referee’ marching order at the hour mark to leave the host with a seaming mountain to climb.

To the credit of the coaching crew, the ten men of coach Salisu Yusuf did well to contain the many onslaughts of the visitors and would have extended the lead on 74 and deep into second-half stoppage time but Substitutes, Kenechukwu Agu and Daniel Vendaga missed when it was easier to find target just as Emmanuel Anyanwu got his marching order on 87 minutes after his second caution from the referee.

Coach Salisu Yusuf said after the end of the encounter, “It was a tough match against a very difficult side but our early goal really disorganized them and when we got the second goal, I sensed victory. With a man down for over thirty minutes, we had to re-strategize to ensure we did not allow them to come at us as they would love. We still continue to push for a possible continental ticket at the end of the season.”

An emotional Christian Nnaji who is now on nine goals for the ‘Flying Antelopes’, said after the match, “Honestly, I give thanks to almighty God for this victory. It wasn’t an easy game but I thank God we made it. I feel very happy about the victory but at the same time, I am very sad because I lost my boss. I dedicate the goal I scored to his memory because he is worth it. May his soul rest peacefully.”

Rangers will next play Adamawa United in a matchday 35, NPFL 2020/21 fixture at the Pantami stadium, Gombe.

RANGERS TEAM: Nana Bonsu, Tope Olusesi, Ifeanyi Nweke, Ernest Governor, Uche John, Tony Shimaga, Esor Achibong (Shedrack Asiegbu 61st Min.), Ugwuoke Ugochukwu (Kenechukwu Agu -61st Min.), Ibrahim Olawoyin (Chinonso Eziekwe -75th Min.), Elijah Ani (Daniel Vendaga -75th Min.), Christian Nnaji (Femi Thomas -61st Min.). SUBS NOT USED: Isaac Loute, Ebuka Anthony, Christian Madu, Charles Tiesso.

GOALS: Christian Nnaji -5th Minute, Esor Achibong -30th Minute.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:58 pm

Rangers International of Enugu practically crushed the resistance of title challenger, Kano Pillars F.C 2-0 in a matchday 34 fixture inside the main bowl of Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu, Wednesday.

Christian Nnaji who missed the ‘Oriental Derby’ over the weekend due to the death of his mentor, Chief Philip Chinonso Udala, reacted well to nod home a Tope Olusesi’ inviting corner-kick on five minutes to set the tone for what would have been total demolition but for some missed opportunities.

Coach Salisu Yusuf kept faith with eight members of the squad that fell to Heartland with the introduction of Tony Shimaga, Elijah Ani and Christian Nnaji in a 4-3-3 formation that dominated early proceedings with Ibrahim Olawoyin, Tony Shimaga and Ugochukwu Ugwuoke at their best just as the Rabi’u Ali led ‘Sai Masu Gida’ played catch-up.

On 18 minutes, the visitors almost drew level following a defensive mix-up but Ebuka David saw his effort fly over the bar and few minutes later, Nnaji thought he had his second of the day but his effort only greased the side netting after being set up by Olawoyin on 25 minutes.

Esor Achibong scored his first goal for the host and the second goal of the day at the half-hour mark after been fed by Nnaji off some neat interchange of passes.

Joshua Enaholo who stood between the sticks for the visitors produced two super saves on 42 and 45 minutes to deny Elijah Ani and Christian Nnaji while league legend, Rabi’u Ali watched in awe as his curly effort missed target three minutes into the added-on time.

Kano Pillars gaffer, Ibrahim Musa, introduced the troika of Jamil Mohammad, Nyima Nwagua, and Gerome Kuilong at the start of the second stanza and this move helped in pushing back the rampaging host a bit and in one of their move upfront, Rangers’ Ghanaian shot-stopper, Nana Bonso committed a professional foul outside his area and got the referee’ marching order at the hour mark to leave the host with a seaming mountain to climb.

To the credit of the coaching crew, the ten men of coach Salisu Yusuf did well to contain the many onslaughts of the visitors and would have extended the lead on 74 and deep into second-half stoppage time but Substitutes, Kenechukwu Agu and Daniel Vendaga missed when it was easier to find target just as Emmanuel Anyanwu got his marching order on 87 minutes after his second caution from the referee.

Coach Salisu Yusuf said after the end of the encounter, “It was a tough match against a very difficult side but our early goal really disorganized them and when we got the second goal, I sensed victory. With a man down for over thirty minutes, we had to re-strategize to ensure we did not allow them to come at us as they would love. We still continue to push for a possible continental ticket at the end of the season.”

An emotional Christian Nnaji who is now on nine goals for the ‘Flying Antelopes’, said after the match, “Honestly, I give thanks to almighty God for this victory. It wasn’t an easy game but I thank God we made it. I feel very happy about the victory but at the same time, I am very sad because I lost my boss. I dedicate the goal I scored to his memory because he is worth it. May his soul rest peacefully.”

Rangers will next play Adamawa United in a matchday 35, NPFL 2020/21 fixture at the Pantami stadium, Gombe.

RANGERS TEAM: Nana Bonsu, Tope Olusesi, Ifeanyi Nweke, Ernest Governor, Uche John, Tony Shimaga, Esor Achibong (Shedrack Asiegbu 61st Min.), Ugwuoke Ugochukwu (Kenechukwu Agu -61st Min.), Ibrahim Olawoyin (Chinonso Eziekwe -75th Min.), Elijah Ani (Daniel Vendaga -75th Min.), Christian Nnaji (Femi Thomas -61st Min.). SUBS NOT USED: Isaac Loute, Ebuka Anthony, Christian Madu, Charles Tiesso.

Up Rangers. Thanks EII. The ban on Twitter has affected my information flow as I got most of my updates from there.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

ukwala wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Up Rangers. Thanks EII. The ban on Twitter has affected my information flow as I got most of my updates from there.

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Sunset wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:38 pm
ukwala wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Nice clips. The Enugu Rangers goals were very well taken, thanks for sharing.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Only players who recieve a call will return to Kano pillars.
Alhaji Surajo Shaaibu- Kano pillars chairman
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

NPFL: NFF Confirm Rivers United CAF Champions League Spot, Dismisses Kwara United Appeal

NFF Appeal Committee have dismissed Kwara Utd’s appeal over the Disciplinary Committee decision to award 3 points and 3 goals to Rivers Utd over Jigawa GS that featured an ineligible player.
The Nigeria Football Federation earlier awarded three points to Rivers United after finding Jigawa Golden Stars guilty of fielding an ineligible player on Match Day 34 victory over Rivers United.
Kwara United not happy with the decision of the NFF took the case to NFF appeal committee but the case was dismiss due to lack of merit.
Rivers United protested the fielding of Richard Christopher (Jersey number 😎 by Jigawa Golden Stars in the instant match on the ground of ineligibility, having accumulated 5 yellow cards this season.
However, the player was subjected to a one-match suspension due to accumulation of yellow cards, with prior notification sent to the Dutse based side which they claim to not be aware of.
The decision now sees Rivers United and Akwa United in the CAF Champions League while Enyimba and Aiteo Cup Winner, Bayelsa United will represent Nigeria in the Confederation Cup.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

i am visiting NIgeria in December. How can I get a MFM ticket?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

3SC of Ibadan (Oluyole Warrior) is officially back in NPFL !
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Toxicarrow wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:06 pm 3SC of Ibadan (Oluyole Warrior) is officially back in NPFL !
Congratulations comrade Toxic and welcome back to the NPFL. A few things have changed in the NPFL while you and Sooting were away, prominent among which is that the NPFL has moved on from 'Tactical'. Games are now won on the pitch and not through brown stuffs exchanging hands in hotel rooms. Just felt I should let you know.
I wish you an enjoyable stay, which I know will be brief as usual, in the NPFL :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Just a friendly reminder that now that the giant is back from hibernation it's time for some serious football in the NPFL. My Uncles for 042, make una stop shaking o, league never start.

Up Shootinggggg!!!!!!!! :thumbs: :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

YemiBrazil wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:38 pm Just a friendly reminder that now that the giant is back from hibernation it's time for some serious football in the NPFL. My Uncles for 042, make una stop shaking o, league never start.

Too bad See-sawing is not an Olympic medal we for send Sootin fans. :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

YemiBrazil wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:38 pm Just a friendly reminder that now that the giant is back from hibernation it's time for some serious football in the NPFL. My Uncles for 042, make una stop shaking o, league never start.

Hmmmm!! Your promotion was secured in 042, don't let your relegation be secured there too!! To be forewarned is to be fore-army as Chief Zebrudaya would say :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

All these shakara will soon get settled on the green grass! :taunt:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Na wa o! 3SC returns to the NPFL and the league is unable to take off. Going to 4 months now since the end of last sason and the 2021/2022 has not started.
Meanwhile, our reps in continental competitions, both male and female, play their continental matches without the league in progress and hence without having played competitive games. Nobody seems to think fitness is an issue as to why we keep on crashing out easily.
People keep on asking why all our clubs are government owned. Can any private concern survive in this system full of drama?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:05 pm Na wa o! 3SC returns to the NPFL and the league is unable to take off. Going to 4 months now since the end of last sason and the 2021/2022 has not started.
Meanwhile, our reps in continental competitions, both male and female, play their continental matches without the league in progress and hence without having played competitive games. Nobody seems to think fitness is an issue as to why we keep on crashing out easily.
People keep on asking why all our clubs are government owned. Can any private concern survive in this system full of drama?
:curse: :curse: :curse: It is really shocking. Months later you will have an abridged league and then no time for an F.A. Cup competition and we will wonder what happened. FOUR FULL MONTHS of inactivity by the professional league of a country. Wonders shall not cease. Just amazing.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

ukwala wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:05 pm Na wa o! 3SC returns to the NPFL and the league is unable to take off. Going to 4 months now since the end of last sason and the 2021/2022 has not started.
Comrade Ukwala,
why are you blaming 3SC for this problem? In other words, wetin concern agbero with overloads :taunt: Before the return of 3sc, this has been regular problem with the NPFL and NFF. At least for two seasons now, this has been norm. It's really a sad reflection of the poor administration of football in the country.

From what I have heard so far, it looks like Dec 17 is the start date for the new season.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Toxicarrow wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:10 am
Comrade Ukwala,
why are you blaming 3SC for this problem? In other words, wetin concern agbero with overloads :taunt: Before the return of 3sc, this has been regular problem with the NPFL and NFF. At least for two seasons now, this has been norm. It's really a sad reflection of the poor administration of football in the country.

From what I have heard so far, it looks like Dec 17 is the start date for the new season.
Comrade Toxic, I must blame 3SC na. Oh, because I didn’t blame you for Omicron? :taunt: :taunt:
It’s a real shame the way football is run in Nigeria. We want players from the local league in the SE but are doing nothing to make it happen. :boo: :boo: