2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [CC] WOL v TOT [RD 3]

Post by Its a Goal »

Wolves to tie. Gollini saves it
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hojbjerg to send Spurs through and keeper saves
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Wolves to stay in the match. Coady hits the bar

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Into the next round we go

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Spurs win. It was a good game made unnecessarily difficult by Ndombele. He had some good moments but real poor ones as well. Nuno has a few things to think about. On to the NLD.

PS Podence and Hwang are capital d#$%.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

We get Burnley in the next round.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Will Olofofo Coward remain now and continue to run his lean mouth about until Sunday, when he will disappear again? :lol: :lol: Coward! :oops: :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coward! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v CHE [WK 5]

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:41 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:34 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:29 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:05 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:12 pm Kane has given up and has stopped running.
As said earlier, I would bench him. He has been a good servant but we have not helped ourselves by making him seem untouchable. We have done poorly in all the games Kane has played. Let's see the Arsenal match.
What should have been done is sell a player who clearly told you his heart is with another team. Sometimes in life, enforcing your contractual right is not in your best interest. That is what brings about reasonable settlements where both parties win. Kane should have been sold but Levy loves to remind all man that he is Oga kpata kpata.
As Pep said, the "big man, Mr. Levy" thought he was the boss. :lol: :lol: Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face. A loser who thinks too highly of himself. He has been chairman of a sh1t club that has failed to win titles, so he uses transfer markets to "get one over" the big clubs. LOL. Thats how he refused to sell bale and modric to United and Chelsea and their fans were clapping for him. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOSERS! Thats their trophy "I refused to sell xxx to xxx! Yea! I am the master negotiator!" No! You are a loser! :rotf:
So dumb. The Kane sale was a no brainer: squeeze the most you can out of City and thank the player for his services. They want to pretend like they are a big club while forgetting that big clubs routinely let their biggest players leave when the player's heart is set on leaving. It's normal and actually helps the recruiting process. Why will the next potentially big talent want to play for an owner who will hold you against your will like a slave master?

I quite like how everyone and their grandma are telling a man who has built his business from a provincial level to one of the highest grossing teams in the world how to run his business...

Even quoting Pep Guardiola...like asking a lion how the antelope should run in the serengeti :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I mean, Pep Guardiola the fantasy manager; seriously?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v CHE [WK 5]

Post by Cristao II »

txj wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:29 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:41 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:34 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:29 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:05 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:12 pm Kane has given up and has stopped running.
As said earlier, I would bench him. He has been a good servant but we have not helped ourselves by making him seem untouchable. We have done poorly in all the games Kane has played. Let's see the Arsenal match.
What should have been done is sell a player who clearly told you his heart is with another team. Sometimes in life, enforcing your contractual right is not in your best interest. That is what brings about reasonable settlements where both parties win. Kane should have been sold but Levy loves to remind all man that he is Oga kpata kpata.
As Pep said, the "big man, Mr. Levy" thought he was the boss. :lol: :lol: Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face. A loser who thinks too highly of himself. He has been chairman of a sh1t club that has failed to win titles, so he uses transfer markets to "get one over" the big clubs. LOL. Thats how he refused to sell bale and modric to United and Chelsea and their fans were clapping for him. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOSERS! Thats their trophy "I refused to sell xxx to xxx! Yea! I am the master negotiator!" No! You are a loser! :rotf:
So dumb. The Kane sale was a no brainer: squeeze the most you can out of City and thank the player for his services. They want to pretend like they are a big club while forgetting that big clubs routinely let their biggest players leave when the player's heart is set on leaving. It's normal and actually helps the recruiting process. Why will the next potentially big talent want to play for an owner who will hold you against your will like a slave master?

I quite like how everyone and their grandma are telling a man who has built his business from a provincial level to one of the highest grossing teams in the world how to run his business...

Even quoting Pep Guardiola...like asking a lion how the antelope should run in the serengeti :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I mean, Pep Guardiola the fantasy manager; seriously?
I am not even going to reply any of them.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] ARSE v TOT [WK 6]

Post by danfo driver »

Coward! :oops:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Harry Kane - I love the excuses people make for him. He needs a better team around him, he deserves to win trophies, he does so much work for the team. Lol!! No one deserves $#%. We get what we work hard for when the opportunity comes. Several opportunities for club and country - zilch. Enough of this hiding from the elephant in the room. Why does home boy not perform in finals?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

For the first time in a long time this NLD is being defined as El Crappico. Both teams have not been playing up to their full potential and tomorrow will be an opportunity to start to set things right. ARSEnal is the favorite for this match as they are at home and coming off the back of 3 straight wins. Spurs on the other hand have suffered 2 heavy defeats and a draw in midweek to barely get into the next of the Carabou Cup.

The good news with Spurs is that the team is beginning to get first team players again to give Nuno a lot of choices for the day. Against ARSEnal he can't afford to sit back. ARSEnal is very good at attacking and piling the pressure on and the only way to nullify their threat is to put them under pressure. This is where the likes of Ndombele, Moura, and Gil will play important roles. Ndombele will have to cut out his mistakes where he either doesn't defend properly or gets disposed unnecessarily in the midfield. CB pairing will also be interesting to see who is selected. My bet is Romero starting but who partners him? Tanganga has served his suspension so he will be back in contention likewise Reguilon.

Looking forward to the game already though with trepidation. Let's hope for a classic game with tons of talking points.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

A much better lineup compared to last week. The CB pairing as well as full backs that recorded 3 cleansheets on the throat are reunited. Ndombele is starting his 4th match in 10 days which shows his level of condition is top notch. He will be pivotal in pushing the team forward as he has the magic to create space and cause concern upfront. As long as he is mindful of his defensive duties we should be fine. Son loves scoring against the ARSE and he is now back in the lineup too after recovering from an injury, likewise is Moura. I believe it is going to be a 4-2-3-1 lineup:

Kane
Son * Dele * Moura
Ndombele * Hojbjerg
Reguilon * Dier * Sanchez * Tanganga
Lloris

Wishing the lads all the best in this first NLD of the season. COYS!

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Best of success boys. This is a tough hunting ground for Spurs. Pray we give it our best shot. Nuno's still learning his best team. Would prefer Skipp in midfield to Hojberg but let's go.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

ARSEnal fans are so rude. Booing our boys as they stepped out onto the pitch.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

ARSEnal with all the possession in the early beginning.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

LLoris saves to his side off Auba but offside flag raised.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs under so much pressure.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Its a Goal wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:23 pm ARSEnal fans are so rude. Booing our boys as they stepped out onto the pitch.
Should they cheer your players?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Hojberg is a twat.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Damn. I just knew it was coming. Spurs refusing to come out to play.