Mikel fell out with **** over his coaching methods – Igiebor reveals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel fell out with **** over his coaching methods – Igiebor reveals

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:52 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:51 pm You are free and welcome to believe whatever you want - its a free world (at least, some of it).
If you not able to 'read between the tea leaves', then that's on you. To you and others, it may be the gospel truth. To most, its a load of BS.
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:02 pm BP is posting information - are you saying he shouldn’t? YOU are CHOOSING not to believe it, and that is your choice. Others who choose to believe are just as righteous to feel that way. How is it a load of BS just because you are choosing not to believe it? Have you been around or talked to other players about ****? Or basically anything that doesn’t fit your narrative is BS?
What exactly makes it BS? He mentioned names specifically Mikel, if he calls it BS then I get it, but how can you sit on your couch and determine BS in situations that you are clearly not privy to?
mace04,

Mikel is indeed credible. However, Mikel has not collaborated any of these claims made by Nosa. Given that Nosa is clearly not credible given his previous claims, we cannot now grant him any credibility until he proves otherwise via a collaborator or even an admission of previous spurious claims.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Rohr is ok, he is not the best but not the worst either. For me Berti Vogts was worse and maybe Lagerback and Westerhoff/Bonfere are best in my time following SE.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

"Rohr best coach I’ve played under – Iwobi - Punch Newspapers" https://punchng.com/rohr-best-coach-ive ... iwobi/?amp
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:49 pm
tedder89 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:19 pm I have never heard that before; not saying it's not true

Do you have a link to the quote/story?
olu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:06 pm Alex Iwobi described Rohr as the best coach he has ever worked with.
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:57 pm
olu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:04 pm Hard for me to take this seriously. Not sure if Igiebor is speaking the truth or just bitter about being dropped by Rohr. I haven't heard any of the current players speak badly about Rohr.
Oh yea keep expecting that…have you heard any glowing praise, other than the routine ‘he’s ok’ type response? Who exactly would criticize the coach while still wanting to play?
I was about to say where did he get that one from…
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Thanks for fishing this out.
olu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:34 pm "Rohr best coach I’ve played under – Iwobi - Punch Newspapers" https://punchng.com/rohr-best-coach-ive ... iwobi/?amp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Iwobi also said Benitez is the best coach
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:01 am Iwobi also said Benitez is the best coach
Not really what he said. He said his game has improved which does not mean he is the best coach. At least not in the English language. https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/58664286
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

These statements about best coach are simply personal preferences. This is Iwobi's preference. It might not be Balogun's or Awaziem's. Importantly, these types of claims should provide to us measurable details why this is the best or worst coach and not simply individual PR-type statement.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:01 am Iwobi also said Benitez is the best coach
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

They wont "trust" Igiebor, but they are posting comments from a player who was caught spending time with a criminal fraud like HushPuppi in Dubai. Trust Nigerians to fall in love with fraud and criminals. :oops: :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

John Ogu has spoken up in favour of Rohr and I believe even Amuneke has done the same.
Some of you guys have very selective memories.
You give Igiebor’s statement serious weight despite his obvious ‘issues’ with Rohr but downplay far more damaging allegations against a SE coach by players that have no obvious agenda. Not even one or two players sef.

Now danfo driver is doing his usual thing throwing shade around like a dark spirit, this time on Iwobi because he dare speak up in favour of his coach.
Izokay.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:47 am

They wont "trust" Igiebor, but they are posting comments from a player who was caught spending time with a criminal fraud like HushPuppi in Dubai. Trust Nigerians to fall in love with fraud and criminals. :oops: :oops:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Look who’s talking about fraudsters and criminals!
Are you being serious?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:46 am
danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:47 am

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Look who’s talking about fraudsters and criminals!
Are you being serious?
:D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:31 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:51 pm You are free and welcome to believe whatever you want - its a free world (at least, some of it).
If you not able to 'read between the tea leaves', then that's on you. To you and others, it may be the gospel truth. To most, its a load of BS.
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:02 pm BP is posting information - are you saying he shouldn’t? YOU are CHOOSING not to believe it, and that is your choice. Others who choose to believe are just as righteous to feel that way. How is it a load of BS just because you are choosing not to believe it? Have you been around or talked to other players about ****? Or basically anything that doesn’t fit your narrative is BS?
What exactly makes it BS? He mentioned names specifically Mikel, if he calls it BS then I get it, but how can you sit on your couch and determine BS in situations that you are clearly not privy to?
mace04,

Mikel is indeed credible. However, Mikel has not collaborated any of these claims made by Nosa. Given that Nosa is clearly not credible given his previous claims, we cannot now grant him any credibility until he proves otherwise via a collaborator or even an admission of previous spurious claims.
Bros, my thing is it doesn't make sense to just automatically dismiss his claim and say its BS. There is a chance it could be true as he was in camp with the Mikels with **** as coach, so its not out of the realm of possibility that he could have had such a conversation with Mikel. The issue I have is I'm damn sure that if Nosa came out and said 'oh **** was the best coach I ever played for', the same folks wouldn't doubt the credibility of the story because it fits their narrative. Me personally I'll take what he says with a grain of salt given his past but I wouldn't just outright dismiss it. Now if Mikel says nah none of this happened, then I have my confirmation and would move to brush it aside, but there is something called benefit of the doubt. And there is nothing wrong with posting this story for folks to discuss, so I didn't get attacking the messenger b/c you don't like the message.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Just maybe the embarrassing loss at home to CAR & SL didn’t happen. Just maybe those defeats are not enough proof “”to determine the national team coach is clueless.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:34 am
mace04,

Bros, my thing is it doesn't make sense to just automatically dismiss his claim and say its BS. There is a chance it could be true as he was in camp with the Mikels with **** as coach, so its not out of the realm of possibility that he could have had such a conversation with Mikel. The issue I have is I'm damn sure that if Nosa came out and said 'oh **** was the best coach I ever played for', the same folks wouldn't doubt the credibility of the story because it fits their narrative. Me personally I'll take what he says with a grain of salt given his past but I wouldn't just outright dismiss it. Now if Mikel says nah none of this happened, then I have my confirmation and would move to brush it aside, but there is something called benefit of the doubt. And there is nothing wrong with posting this story for folks to discuss, so I didn't get attacking the messenger b/c you don't like the message.
Mace

Sure, it may turn out to be true but the source has very little if any credibility. This is why the source needs someone else to confirm his claim. At the moment it us just difficult to believe the story because if the source.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:19 am
maceo4 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:34 am
mace04,

Mace

Sure, it may turn out to be true but the source has very little if any credibility. This is why the source needs someone else to confirm his claim. At the moment it us just difficult to believe the story because if the source.
Maceo is refusing to consider the credibility factor because it doesn’t further his confirmation bias.
I’m sure if Igiebor had said Rohr was a good coach, maceo almost certainly would bring it up, or at best, make no comment. :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

being a white man must be like heaven sha! Always receiving the benefit of the doubt from your blacks... :lol: I have never seen anything the blacks like more than their white man! He can do no wrong and they will sell their families for him! Hell! they did it for more than 100 years. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Iwobi learnt more from Rohr than Arsene Wenger abi?
olu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:06 pm Alex Iwobi described Rohr as the best coach he has ever worked with.
olu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:04 pm Hard for me to take this seriously. Not sure if Igiebor is speaking the truth or just bitter about being dropped by Rohr. I haven't heard any of the current players speak badly about Rohr.
Oh yea keep expecting that…have you heard any glowing praise, other than the routine ‘he’s ok’ type response? Who exactly would criticize the coach while still wanting to play?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oscar52 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:32 pm Rohr is ok, he is not the best but not the worst either. For me Berti Vogts was worse and maybe Lagerback and Westerhoff/Bonfere are best in my time following SE.
Lol. Rohr is not good enough. He has long ago taken the team as far as he could and should’ve been let go but for political reasons.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: [/color] user_id=152902]
being a white man must be like heaven sha! Always receiving the benefit of the doubt from your blacks... :lol: I have never seen anything the blacks like more than their white man! He can do no wrong and they will sell their families for him! Hell! they did it for more than 100 years. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are right o!
Remember all this, from just yesterday? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Nigeria, the country where a thief is rewarded. Tufiakwa!
The problem is that most Nigerians are corrupt and thieves, so they are unlikely to understand the gravity of this guys crimes and how that taints everything we do...
Fraud, bribe and criminality is imbeded in their blood and they will murder, if thats what is necessary to defend it
We allow far too much racist crap and give too much benefit of the doubt to these Oyibo people…

Ooops!
Just realised the Nigerians referred to are black people!
Wow.
So we must be in an even higher heaven than Oyibo.
My bad! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:05 pm Iwobi learnt more from Rohr than Arsene Wenger abi?
Na so we see am. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by danfo driver on Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:08 pm
oscar52 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:32 pm Rohr is ok, he is not the best but not the worst either. For me Berti Vogts was worse and maybe Lagerback and Westerhoff/Bonfere are best in my time following SE.
Lol. Rohr is not good enough. He has long ago taken the team as far as he could and should’ve been let go but for political reasons.
The dude is legit justifying where we are today by looking back-- after all, we were once eating from the dustbin, so now that we are eating from the floor, its great progress. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

My take:

1. I am generally pro-Rohr

2. I do think Igiebor is hard to believe on this, given potential for sour grapes

3. However, I remember seeing an Ighalo interview very recently, where he was asked to speak about Rohr, and he gave one of those type of answers that you give when you’re trying hard not to sound negative. It was surprising to me cause Rohr LOVES Ighalo. If Ighalo can’t give him praise, something must be wrong somewhere

4. I have never seen a single game for Nigeria where Igiebor leaped off the screen. To me, he was - as they say in America - Just Another Guy on the team…or as they say more pejoratively in Nigeria - jambodi

5. Keshi’s final WC list should have included Mba and Sone Aluko. That tall Rasta-haired guy and Babatunde Michael’s inclusions were offensive. But Igiebor?? I would say that was a marginal call

6. Rohr was being true to form in this England-Israel comments. That’s what he has always said, like it or not. On the newspaper cut out/bonus talk, I HIGHLY doubt that even if Rohr made such comments, that he mentioned players’ names along with it. One can criticize Rohr’s tactics but I have always found his comportment extremely mature. For him to go publicly and say ‘Player X comes for only bonus’….I find that hard to believe. What I think happened is that the coach made general comments about some players only coming for bonuses (a slightly immature comment, I agree) and the newspaper editorially chose Igiebor’s picture to go along with it. Me, I like Tyrone Ebuehi for instance. I think he’s Nigeria’s best defender. He plays in the Italian Serie A. Heck, he’s even half oyinbo. Sometimes Rohr does not even call him up, let alone start him. What do we say about that? Some players are not capable of being objective. Unless you can really substantiate these claims across the group, then this one is hard to believe
Last edited by deanotito on Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

green4life wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:05 pm Iwobi learnt more from Rohr than Arsene Wenger abi?
Go ask Iwobi. He said what he said
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet