NIGERIA 1 VS CAPEVERDE 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 1 VS CAPEVERDE 1 Live!!!

Post by theYemster »

iworo wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:00 pmI guess the Algerian coach should be fired as well, because they drew (2-2) with Burkina Faso at home today, right? Y'all better wake up, there's no easy team in Africa anymore.
Burkina Faso is not Cape Verde or CAR and yet Algeria ended up with more points than Nigeria.

The guy won the last AFCON convincingly two years ago.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:46 pm Is Kele already tired, wtf
Such a lazy and unserious chap. Na why e dey bench while a retiree pensioner from middle east done collect his shirt. Rather easily.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Odas wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:47 pm How did we beat CV in their home? We must have been very lucky in the day of the game
Lol. We were lucky. E be like say you done forget the wonderful world class own goal their midfielder score from over 40 yards away. Na how we take win 2-1 away match.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Odas wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:52 pm We didn't play convincingly at all. We need a lot of work
Na today? We've been singing the same song for 5 years.
oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA 1 VS CAPEVERDE 1

Post by oscar52 »

The funny thing is the players are there, even on his bench but he trucks out the wrong players everytime. A simple Yusuf or Awazien for Simon and this game will have ended up like 4.0. Simon brings close nothing to the team - he can't cross, cant dribble anymore, hesitant to go forward, relinguish 50/50 ball etc. BTW Collins is a fine player, just needs to work on his crossing. The RB/WB should be Collins and Awazien/Shehu. Aina is better than Simon but I prefer taller players that have height to contest high balls.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Cape Verde is a good side. They started poorly but recovered swiftly and gave us a good challenge - like what we all expected when the draws were made. They had to win 3 games on the trot, home and away, just to keep up with us.

Congrats to the boys and Rohr for finishing at the top of the group as expected. :clap: :clap: :thumbs:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Chai, Cam v. CIV, see football, see swag! I feel like crying for SE. How are the mighty fallen.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Cameroun don score! Meeen
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is time to start looking at both the future and the present.

Nigeria best 11

Uzoho
Ebuehi, Awazie, Balogun, Aina
Ndidi, Aribo, Onyeka
Chukwuzie, Osimhen, M Simon

Play Aribo in more advanced role. Look for younger defenders to replace B/alogun and playmakers. Ejuke can provide M Smion competion. Still not sold on the fullbacks. The stronger midfield coever will allow the fullbacks to get forward more. Take another look at Sansui at left back.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

lacidi wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:26 pm Chai, Cam v. CIV, see football, see swag! I feel like crying for SE. How are the mighty fallen.
It's an OK game so far
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:27 pm It is time to start looking at both the future and the present.

Nigeria best 11

Uzoho
Ebuehi, Awazie, Balogun, Aina
Ndidi, Aribo, Onyeka
Chukwuzie, Osimhen, M Simon

Play Aribo in more advanced role. Look for younger defenders to replace B/alogun and playmakers. Ejuke can provide M Smion competion. Still not sold on the fullbacks.
When Ohenhen uses his patented selector to give you a fresh lineup minutes after the conclusion of a 'positive' result, you know say fire dey on top of mountain. :rotf:
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:30 pm
lacidi wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:26 pm Chai, Cam v. CIV, see football, see swag! I feel like crying for SE. How are the mighty fallen.
It's an OK game so far
These games are hard; there's a lot of quality esp on the CIV side but it's been a poor game.....another below average playing surface

Haller hasn't had a sniff.....Kessie had a good chance but other than that and the goal.....both keepers have been on holiday
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

delisyomie don wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:05 pm
dhoney wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:12 pm I do not see us beating any of those teams in playoff...the only chance we have is against Ghana..that one sef no sure.
Its sad that this old PE teacher is still around
GHANA TEAM AGAINST SOUTH AFRICA WILL BEAT OUR TEAM
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Okay
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Raise your hand if you would rather we were Cape Verde or Central Africa Republic that played fantastically by your standards but will be watching us on TV. If not, up ROHR!!!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Everybody please stop being negative. Appreciate the effort the lads put in and that we qualified for the next round. It was a better display in the first half then we have seen in a while. Good work with pressuring their opponents on the ball. Second half, midfield could not string passes; you sense the team did not want to risk bombing forward and so we had to play kinda ugly and resorted to long balls We were lucky to get a result in the end.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:14 pm Raise your hand if you would rather we were Cape Verde or Central Africa Republic that played fantastically by your standards but will be watching us on TV. If not, up ROHR!!!!
Short and simple. I am glad that the man got the results to get to the next round. That is all that manners at this point.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:51 pm A labored 1-1 game.
An improvement from the days when we need a WIN at home against our closest rivals in the group to win the group. :wink:

Imagine putting that kind of pressure on yourself. :boo:

CCC, Siasia, and Amodu put us in that position, and each time we failed to achieve the required win. We were just lucky in 2010 that Tunisia decided to dash us a gift by losing their last game when they were already in the driving seat.

Rohr does not put us in that kind of position despite the fact the team is not firing on all cylinders. :thumb:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:29 pm
txj wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:19 pm surprised the Lagos crowd is not on Rohr's neck
they are now begging for one goal
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Guys,

Uncle cellulite and big punkey sent me their hraised hands below via PM.

:thumb:

They would rather we scattered everybody like fantastic Cape Verde

Robbynice wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:24 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:14 pm Raise your hand if you would rather we were Cape Verde or Central Africa Republic that played fantastically by your standards but will be watching us on TV. If not, up ROHR!!!!
Short and simple. I am glad that the man got the results to get to the next round. That is all that manners at this point.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We need to play in front of fans that appreciate our Team. Playing in Lagos is a disadvantage to our team!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So how will the draw look like?Hope SE dont face Egypt,Cameroon or Senegal
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yeah, I am sure they are now fasting and praying they face us.
kajifu wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:08 pm So how will the draw look like?Hope SE dont face Egypt,Cameroon or Senegal
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

imehjunior wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:52 pm Finally I agree Rohr can help us.
:mad: Can't help us
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija