CAF worldcup qualifying format is the worst compared to the rest of the world

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
CAF worldcup qualifying format is the worst compared to the rest of the world

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Time after time we get a brainless format. Group teams and then a playoff. Why not imitate Asia , Concacaf or South America...look at teams like Italy and Portugal are still in even after failing to win their groups. Now Cameroon or even CIV ...one will miss out..we need a league format of two groups , top 2 qualify and 3rd gets a playoff
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF worldcup qualifying format is the worst compared to the rest of the world

Post by vancity eagle »

You are right. No reason to not imitate what Asia is doing. They make sure their best teams will be present, while CAF leaves so much up to luck and chance.

Those running CAF are as foolish as those running the NFF.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF worldcup qualifying format is the worst compared to the rest of the world

Post by Cmoke »

CAF format is actually more efficient and better suited for Africa.

You obviously did not consider the logistical and financial strain South American style league format whereby everyone plays each other, will have on African teams.

The reason Cameroun and CIV are in the same group is because of low ranking by one of them!

Heck, your envy of Europe did not prevent Italy from missing the last World Cup and possibly this one too!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:17 pm Time after time we get a brainless format. Group teams and then a playoff. Why not imitate Asia , Concacaf or South America...look at teams like Italy and Portugal are still in even after failing to win their groups. Now Cameroon or even CIV ...one will miss out..we need a league format of two groups , top 2 qualify and 3rd gets a playoff
It really depends on how many teams are entered and how many places available. For South America, there are only 10 teams available for 5 places and it is far easier to organize their format. UEFA cannot match that South American format. However, they need not since they have so many qualifying any how.

Thus, Asia and Concacaf are the only formats comparable to Africa. Africa has only three rounds compared to Asia's four rounds! IMHO, I prefer the African format to Asia's given the number of match windows available. These are things that are impeded by the current football calendar that FIFA seek to rectify.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:17 pm Time after time we get a brainless format. Group teams and then a playoff. Why not imitate Asia , Concacaf or South America...look at teams like Italy and Portugal are still in even after failing to win their groups. Now Cameroon or even CIV ...one will miss out..we need a league format of two groups , top 2 qualify and 3rd gets a playoff
nonsense, you are comparing a continent with fifty plus teams to one with ten, a continent with what 13, 15 slots to one with five.

you will face much tougher teams in the world cup than you will in caf qualifying, stop being scared of common tunisia etc.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

We want the best African teams at the WC.

That being said, I would have liked a way where 3 teams qualify automatically and the final two will depend on being finalists at the AFCON final (if you have already booked your ticket, it will fall to the next team that made the semis).

This will help boost the AFCON as well.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:52 pm
nonsense, you are comparing a continent with fifty plus teams to one with ten, a continent with what 13, 15 slots to one with five.

you will face much tougher teams in the world cup than you will in caf qualifying, stop being scared of common tunisia etc.
how many countries are in Asia?
SuperEagles

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

The format for the 2018 CAF WCQ was great. I don’t know why they changed it.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:00 pm
King Futcha wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:52 pm

how many countries are in Asia?
how many can you name without google.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i am actually watching rhe Asian qualifiers on paramount .. Watching Iraq v Korea and China v Aus.. just finished Vietnam vs Saudi and guess who the coach for Saudi is.. the guy who won AFCON with Zambia and CIV
SuperEagles

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:20 pm i am actually watching rhe Asian qualifiers on paramount .. Watching Iraq v Korea and China v Aus.. just finished Vietnam vs Saudi and guess who the coach for Saudi is.. the guy who won AFCON with Zambia and CIV
Saudi is first in their group. That man brings the best out of his players.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:20 pm i am actually watching rhe Asian qualifiers on paramount .. Watching Iraq v Korea and China v Aus.. just finished Vietnam vs Saudi and guess who the coach for Saudi is.. the guy who won AFCON with Zambia and CIV
Herve Renard.. Top class coach
Workman
Egg
Egg

Post by Workman »

This one na true talk - I noted this long ago. Having a second chance playoff compensates for the imperfections of seeding/ranking. To my knowledge only CAF has never had a chance for a second placed team. I also think having slightly larger groups with more than 4 teams/6 matches brings out teams that are more "battle-tested" to face the rest of the world.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. "
Ecclesiastes 12:13

popular quote- "Every Good deed will not go unpunished"
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Yes that is what I’ve been hoping for but these clowns just play roulette with their best chances of doing anything rememberable.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI