NIGERIA 1 VS CAPEVERDE 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA 1 VS CAPEVERDE 1

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:36 pm Yeah, I am sure they are now fasting and praying they face us.
kajifu wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:08 pm So how will the draw look like?Hope SE dont face Egypt,Cameroon or Senegal
We can beat Egypt and Cameroon, Senegal is definitely the team I don't want to face
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

We played better in this game. Several good saves by the goalkeeper kept Cape Verde in the game.

*You need to click to watch the highlights on YouTube.

"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: NIGERIA 1 VS CAPEVERDE 1 Live!!!

Post by Cellular »

Orion wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:26 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:51 pm A labored 1-1 game.
An improvement from the days when we need a WIN at home against our closest rivals in the group to win the group. :wink:

Imagine putting that kind of pressure on yourself. :boo:

CCC, Siasia, and Amodu put us in that position, and each time we failed to achieve the required win. We were just lucky in 2010 that Tunisia decided to dash us a gift by losing their last game when they were already in the driving seat.

Rohr does not put us in that kind of position despite the fact the team is not firing on all cylinders. :thumb:
I have actually come to realize that some natives fail to see a pattern and depend on divine providence for sustenance.

You watched the CAR game where they scored against the run of play at the dying minute.

Today, the same thing almost happened but thanks to a great block by Ndidi.

Some natives might say we weren't under pressure that we had the game in hand. A situation where one careless bounce would have caused us heartbreak.

Thankfully, we are alive to fight another day.

Some people are hoping to continue riding their luck... hoping on providence.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:38 pm I have actually come to realize that some natives fail to see a pattern and depend on divine providence for sustenance.

You watched the CAR game where they scored against the run of play at the dying minute.

Some natives might say we weren't under pressure that we had the game in hand. A situation where one careless bounce would have caused us heartbreak.

My point is, don't pretend we've been these giant killers scoring a bucket load of goals in each match before Rohr. We had a successful short spell with Keshi. But before that, it has been heart in mouth, heart palpitation situations for every damn competition where we always found ourselves needing a MUST WIN game at home against our biggest rival in the group to survive. CCC, Amodu, Siasia, you name it. And in each of these situations, we never achieved the win!

I’m just putting things in perspective because people are getting carried away with the infection of the constant whiners and moaners here. Folks are forgetting that WE DID NOT HAVE IT BETTER before the short Keshi spell (2013-2014), and after Keshi left. Rohr is an improvement over those periods!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

green4life wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:13 pm
Odas wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:47 pm How did we beat CV in their home? We must have been very lucky in the day of the game
Lol. We were lucky. E be like say you done forget the wonderful world class own goal their midfielder score from over 40 yards away. Na how we take win 2-1 away match
I didn't watch the game, we were certainly very lucky, then.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:27 pm It is time to start looking at both the future and the present.

Nigeria best 11

Uzoho
Ebuehi, Awazie, Balogun, Aina
Ndidi, Aribo, Onyeka
Chukwuzie, Osimhen, M Simon

Play Aribo in more advanced role. Look for younger defenders to replace B/alogun and playmakers. Ejuke can provide M Smion competion. Still not sold on the fullbacks. The stronger midfield coever will allow the fullbacks to get forward more. Take another look at Sansui at left back
Ohenhen1, dem say 'M. Simon's no good, you dey list am here like say... Abeg, make you no cos wahala for me-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:36 pm Yeah, I am sure they are now fasting and praying they face us.
kajifu wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:08 pm So how will the draw look like?Hope SE dont face Egypt,Cameroon or Senegal
Yeah! As bad as we think we are, I am certain no team wants to face us, either.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Odas wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:20 am
Not sure about that…..ur best striker is playing in Saudi Arabia
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enyi wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:31 am
... and who is our 'best striker', please?
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Orion wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:57 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:38 pm I have actually come to realize that some natives fail to see a pattern and depend on divine providence for sustenance.

My point is, don't pretend we've been these giant killers scoring a bucket load of goals in each match before Rohr. We had a successful short spell with Keshi. But before that, it has been heart in mouth, heart palpitation situations for every damn competition where we always found ourselves needing a MUST WIN game at home against our biggest rival in the group to survive. CCC, Amodu, Siasia, you name it. And in each of these situations, we never achieved the win!

I’m just putting things in perspective because people are getting carried away with the infection of the constant whiners and moaners here. Folks are forgetting that WE DID NOT HAVE IT BETTER before the short Keshi spell (2013-2014), and after Keshi left. Rohr is an improvement over those periods!
And we did not win today either....... I'm just saying...
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Kneedeep wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:36 am

We didn't need a win today as the coach never put us in such a precarious position.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We've played on two good pitches and nah heart attack football them feed us.. the Lagos pitch was in good condition and nah gbegbeh **** serve us.. even the oyinbo commentator was asking , why is the SE not playing through the midfield?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Orion wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:41 am
Kneedeep wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:36 am

We didn't need a win today as the coach never put us in such a precarious position.
Tell them again. The goal was always to make it to the final round and we did. Can we play better, yes. Does the coach inspire confidence,probably not. Should we scrap him now, no. Afcon is coming and a good time to see what this team can do if together for a while. Let’s see that
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mcal wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:15 pm
Gotti wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:09 pm
mcal wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:06 pm ...throwing around the word fire any how. Damn pay the man you no fit, na to fire fire fire :mad:
Exactly! If I were him, I would resign... :sneaky:
...you don't resign empty handed.
If he walks that means he broke his contract, and Nigeria may or may not pay him, simple as that.
First, the comment was strictly tongue-in-cheek (hence the 'sneaky' emoji).

Nonetheless, what do you mean he would be "breaking" his contract"?
Dude, his contract is ALREADY breached (ie, 'broken') by failure to pay him.

If Rohr chooses to go to court (rather than to burnish his CV)...
The ONLY issue in dispute would be the amount of damages due to him.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Orion wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:26 pm An improvement from the days when we need a WIN at home against our closest rivals in the group to win the group. :wink:

CCC, Siasia, and Amodu put us in that position, and each time we failed to achieve the required win. We were just lucky in 2010 that Tunisia decided to dash us a gift by losing their last game when they were already in the driving seat.

Rohr does not put us in that kind of position despite the fact the team is not firing on all cylinders. :thumb:
Abegi, which Amodu are you referring to? The one that once took us through a qualifying campaign with 6 wins in 6 games (1 goal conceded) and some Natives vigorously campaigned for his firing?

If I am not mistaken, Shiabu Amodu NEVER lost a single qualifying game (much less a qualifying campaign), and that includes at least 2 WCQs and 2 or 3 ANCQs.

If Rohr achieves as much as Amodu did (including doing the near-impossible of salvaging the 2002 WCQs, after Bonfrere's shithousery), Natives will build a statute for him.

Anyway, it's Nigeria, where service is unappreciated, accomplishment is denigrated, while mediocrity is often rewarded. So not shocked when Natives shat on Amodu's (and Keshi's) memory.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Gotti wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:33 am Abegi, which Amodu are you referring to? The one that once took us through a qualifying campaign with 6 wins in 6 games (1 goal conceded) and some Natives vigorously campaigned for his firing?
Amodu did very well in the first phase of the 2010 WCQers. No one campaigned for his firing then. Stop lying.

In the second phase, we found ourselves in another MUST-WIN home game against Tunisia because of relatively poor results in other games. We didn't achieve that victory and everyone believed our World Cup was over. Our destiny was out of our hands. Thankfully, Tunisia gave us a huge gift on the final match day by dropping the ball against Mozambique. Out of 6 games, we only won 3. Many of us agree at this point that his sacking before the 2010 World Cup was wrong.

You are one of the loudest proponents here of the ideology that the RESULTS are all that matter. "FACTS not feelings".

Well, guess what? Rohr finished on top of the group. Our performances have been less than perfect at home, but the team is doing better away (something that seems to have skipped many people). For that reason, we have always been in control of our destiny in the group and even had the luxury of needing just a draw at home to wrap up the group.

FACTS not feelings. :wink:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Gotti wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:11 am
mcal wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:15 pm
Gotti wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:09 pm
mcal wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:06 pm ...throwing around the word fire any how. Damn pay the man you no fit, na to fire fire fire :mad:
Exactly! If I were him, I would resign... :sneaky:
...you don't resign empty handed.
If he walks that means he broke his contract, and Nigeria may or may not pay him, simple as that.
First, the comment was strictly tongue-in-cheek (hence the 'sneaky' emoji).

Nonetheless, what do you mean he would be "breaking" his contract"?
Dude, his contract is ALREADY breached (ie, 'broken') by failure to pay him.

If Rohr chooses to go to court (rather than to burnish his CV)...
The ONLY issue in dispute would be the amount of damages due to him.
...tongue-in-check, granted, but I thought all this is a serious matter.
Contract was broken by the NFA as you mentioned above, who doesn't give a flipping flop how persons under their employ is suffering without pay.
If he walks now, he will break the contract thereby punishing himself at any court arbitration for abandoning his job.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Orion wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:13 am
Gotti wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:33 am Abegi, which Amodu are you referring to? The one that once took us through a qualifying campaign with 6 wins in 6 games (1 goal conceded) and some Natives vigorously campaigned for his firing?
Amodu did very well in the first phase of the 2010 WCQers. No one campaigned for his firing then. Stop lying.

In the second phase, we found ourselves in another MUST-WIN home game against Tunisia because of relatively poor results in other games. We didn't achieve that victory and everyone believed our World Cup was over. Our destiny was out of our hands. Thankfully, Tunisia gave us a huge gift on the final match day by dropping the ball against Mozambique. Out of 6 games, we only won 3. Many of us agree at this point that his sacking before the 2010 World Cup was wrong.

You are one of the loudest proponents here of the ideology that the RESULTS are all that matter. "FACTS not feelings".

Well, guess what? Rohr finished on top of the group. Our performances have been less than perfect at home, but the team is doing better away (something that seems to have skipped many people). For that reason, we have always been in control of our destiny in the group and even had the luxury of needing just a draw at home to wrap up the group.

FACTS not feelings. :wink:
Kai... See beat down, Gotti sef no show face :taunt:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:51 pm What an utter eyesore.

Ighalo brought back to miss 2 clear sitters and twice fail to find an attacker in a great position with a poor pass.

Troost shown for the utter wastepipe he is. He needs to go.

Still no attack. Just backpassing and hoofing the ball forward.

Iwobi is hiding.

Ndidi should be subbed for Onyeka before he gets a second yellow.

Rohr is just a horrible coach. He needs to be shown the exit regardless of today's result.

Piss poor coach.
Tell us what is new. When you were told you went on insulting everybody. Now your eyes are opened after how many years of how Rohr is the best :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Odas wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:41 am
Enyi wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:31 am
... and who is our 'best striker', please?
IGHALO…..we missed him so much, our great Coach had to call him back….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Calculator
Egg
Egg

Post by Calculator »

Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:38 pm
Orion wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:26 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:51 pm A labored 1-1 game.
An improvement from the days when we need a WIN at home against our closest rivals in the group to win the group. :wink:

I have actually come to realize that some natives fail to see a pattern and depend on divine providence for sustenance.

Your use of the word Native is very demeaning and insulting to me and Africa as a whole. Because the white man has been able to brainwash you with his version or ideals and decorum, you now believe you are intellectually and spiritually superior to anyone else that doesn't think the way you do. It is alright to disagree but this kind of insult should be something we don't say to each other.
If at first you are Failure to Succeed, TRY TRY Again -- According to Basi Okon of Village Headmaster.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:49 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:51 pm What an utter eyesore.

Ighalo brought back to miss 2 clear sitters and twice fail to find an attacker in a great position with a poor pass.

Troost shown for the utter wastepipe he is. He needs to go.

Still no attack. Just backpassing and hoofing the ball forward.

Iwobi is hiding.

Ndidi should be subbed for Onyeka before he gets a second yellow.

Rohr is just a horrible coach. He needs to be shown the exit regardless of today's result.

Piss poor coach.
Tell us what is new. When you were told you went on insulting everybody. Now your eyes are opened after how many years of how Rohr is the best :taunt:
There has been a clear decline of Rohrs team and even decision making. Those claiming he was this poor all along are liars with an agenda.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:33 am
Orion wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:26 pm An improvement from the days when we need a WIN at home against our closest rivals in the group to win the group. :wink:

Abegi, which Amodu are you referring to? The one that once took us through a qualifying campaign with 6 wins in 6 games (1 goal conceded) and some Natives vigorously campaigned for his firing?

If I am not mistaken, Shiabu Amodu NEVER lost a single qualifying game (much less a qualifying campaign), and that includes at least 2 WCQs and 2 or 3 ANCQs.

If Rohr achieves as much as Amodu did (including doing the near-impossible of salvaging the 2002 WCQs, after Bonfrere's shithousery), Natives will build a statute for him.

Anyway, it's Nigeria, where service is unappreciated, accomplishment is denigrated, while mediocrity is often rewarded. So not shocked when Natives shat on Amodu's (and Keshi's) memory.
Kai, Chief Gotti, your lappie must be replaced yearly... the way you spit verse sha. The keypads should be breaking at a record pace :D

Abeg, told dem! :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!