I am hearing rumours about Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I am hearing rumours about Rohr

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:15 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:09 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:53 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:48 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:43 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:11 am Kai....see hatefest in full swing. If it's true then this is evidence of how dumb Nigerians are, the night of a game that qualified you is not the time to make major decisions on the future of the team. They're certain to make a decision they will regret for sure. Idiots! I'm sure Rohr is also talking to his lawyers we speak. Football is a heavy regulated sport. It's not Nepa, customs or niaja police where pot bellied loud mouth shout at everybody.
It’s not a hate fest. I think it’s real.
I said the same thing in a post earlier this evening…some officials are not happy at all.
That’s all I know.
What are they mad about? That he's not blowing teams out? The right thing to do if they're not happy would be for them to resign and let somebody else make the decision. At what point do they hold themselves accountable?
I don’t know for sure but my guess is that it’s for the same reasons most fans are angry.
Even you, I’m sure you are not happy with what you are seeing even though you are delighted we are through to the final WC qualifying round.

unless there's an emergency technical committee meeting going on, this so called meeting is just between scared crooks making emotional decisions.
Man mi, it doesn't have to be a formal meeting.

We had a game tonight.
All the main officials are probably in town, even staying in the same hotel.
They're probably hanging out together and discussing the game informally.

They will express their displeasure.

They are not mythical figures.
Whether we like to admit it or not, they are fans like you and I...they just don't have the luxury of freely expressing their feelings in public.
And formally. And they are all staying on the same floor and don't have to walk far.
This is ridiculous. Even if they're all in the same room there's no news. You've decided to act as a peeping Tom and report it as news relevant to the issue when infact you don't even know them.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:11 am
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:59 pm Apparently, some of our boys have also been misbehaving of recent and it affecting their performance. I even hear say Rohr self don catch the Nigeria man bug :lol: .

If I say 2 players were caught “misbehaving” last night well past midnight, can anyone guess who those players are judging by the performance on the pitch today?
One name has been mentioned.

Anyone who watched the match closely would have noticed a particular player who gets good raves here whose performance last night was below par especially the 1st half.
Wilfred Nididi had a poor game by his standards & Ighalo was Misses as usual
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:08 pm Please let it be so.

Such a disgrace of a coach.

It must be done NOW, not after a disastrous ANC.

The new coach needs the ANC to prepare for the playoffs.

Get rid of this clown.

I will take anyone at this point.
Says a lot about you his greatest supporter :boo:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:00 am
Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:11 am
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:59 pm Apparently, some of our boys have also been misbehaving of recent and it affecting their performance. I even hear say Rohr self don catch the Nigeria man bug :lol: .

If I say 2 players were caught “misbehaving” last night well past midnight, can anyone guess who those players are judging by the performance on the pitch today?
One name has been mentioned.

Anyone who watched the match closely would have noticed a particular player who gets good raves here whose performance last night was below par especially the 1st half.
Wilfred Nididi had a poor game by his standards & Ighalo was Misses as usual
:lol: . Nice try but incorrect.

I have been following CE comments on the team's performance and nobody seemed to notice one particular player who played really well against Liberia on Saturday but was below par yesterday.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:40 am
Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:15 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:09 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:53 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:48 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:43 am

It’s not a hate fest. I think it’s real.
I said the same thing in a post earlier this evening…some officials are not happy at all.
That’s all I know.
What are they mad about? That he's not blowing teams out? The right thing to do if they're not happy would be for them to resign and let somebody else make the decision. At what point do they hold themselves accountable?
I don’t know for sure but my guess is that it’s for the same reasons most fans are angry.
Even you, I’m sure you are not happy with what you are seeing even though you are delighted we are through to the final WC qualifying round.

unless there's an emergency technical committee meeting going on, this so called meeting is just between scared crooks making emotional decisions.
Man mi, it doesn't have to be a formal meeting.

We had a game tonight.
All the main officials are probably in town, even staying in the same hotel.
They're probably hanging out together and discussing the game informally.

They will express their displeasure.

They are not mythical figures.
Whether we like to admit it or not, they are fans like you and I...they just don't have the luxury of freely expressing their feelings in public.
And formally. And they are all staying on the same floor and don't have to walk far.
This is ridiculous. Even if they're all in the same room there's no news. You've decided to act as a peeping Tom and report it as news relevant to the issue when infact you don't even know them.
Olodo. You internet Nigerians are something else. I don't know what they do to you people when you overstay in obodo oyinbo :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cellular wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:54 pm I am at Eko Hotel with some officials and there are rumours. Something might happen by midnight.
Can they pay the man first before talking about firing him?

He has covered their shame for too long. No one deserves such treatment.

Pay him then address his performance or expectations.
Exactly! The shameless people want to sack him when they haven't paid him.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:01 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:06 am Nobody is getting fired, let’s be real, they can’t afford to fire him…
Guy, you are old enough to know by now that there is always far more going on than what is known to you and I.
You are almost sounding as if you are against him being fired.
Is this you managing your expectations or what? :taunt:

I’ve noticed in the last few days that a growing number of Rohr’s fierce critics are wobbling, in the sense that they are insisting he should ‘finish what he started’ so to speak.
What’s with that?
It’s double speak, but underneath that I feel it’s an indication that they realise it’s not as straightforward as they have always made it out to be.

I don’t know how true this story is, but I do know that at least some in the much-maligned NFF aren’t disconnected from your feelings or my feelings on what is going on. They are fans before they are administrators.

But what they can do about those feelings is anybody’s guess. :idea:
Most Rohr critics would jump back on board if there was any indication that he would change his approach. But from yesterday's game did you see any such indication? NFF needs to decide very quickly if they will fire him or not. If they fire him now and get a new manager immediately, we still have time. However, if they drag their feet then he should just stay until our WC journey is done. I will not support us firing him if he qualifies us for the WC.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:40 am
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:54 pm I am at Eko Hotel with some officials and there are rumours. Something might happen by midnight.

Just wondering why you think they haven't paid him.
I mean, if he hasn't been paid, what do you think might be the reason(s)?

The real issue could be the terms of termination of contract rather than money owed.
Do we even know for sure that he is owed money?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:59 am

The real issue could be the terms of termination of contract rather than money owed.
It was widely reported that they hadn't paid him. And we know our NFF's antecedents. But if they need to fire him, they should do it quickly or leave him alone.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Good question. I asked one the guys yesterday if it was true that he was owed for 6 months or more and he categorically said NO with a surprise look on his face. So I suspect he is not owed much if at all he is owed.

From what I heard, they are trying to get him to accept an amicable parting of ways, so as to avoid the unnecessary and expensive legal option.

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

for me, ROhr has showed poor ability in molding a team that plays "NIgerian" football.

BUt he has done one thing right, he has invited the best crop of players, he has spotted talent when they are unknown and given them a career, he has raised the bar with the standard of players been called up, the heyyous and useless backwater league players like Turkey have reduced drastically.

BUt men, Rohr'sm football is totally ugly. He is also not maximizing the talents in the team. He also depends on some useless players for too long. WHy is Iwobi still starting as an AM in this team? Iwobi is our biggest problem in the attacking and creative phase of the midfield. TIme to try out Aribo there. Why have both musa and ighalo in the squad at the same time. Shehu nko?

Rather than fire ROhr, like ive always stated, he needs a Nigerian Assistant that would ensure we play the attacking style of football.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:07 am

Good question. I asked one the guys yesterday if it was true that he was owed for 6 months or more and he categorically said NO with a surprise look on his face. So I suspect he is not owed much if at all he is owed.

From what I heard, they are trying to get him to accept an amicable parting of ways, so as to avoid the unnecessary and expensive legal option.
Wow.
Just goes to show how much shytt passes for established fact in this place.
So he isn't owed any money.
Interesting.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:52 am
Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:37 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:56 am If this turns out to be fake news,propaganda or disinformation, I will post a thread calling for Lolly to be sanctioned. We simply cannot allow this kind of thread be posted here without evidence other some guy in a hotel.

"OFFICIALS " meeting and agreeing to terminate a formally appointed coach's contract is not beer parlor talk. Unless this turns out to be true, there should be severe sanctions on Lolly to prevent this kind of propaganda from taking over the forum.
Go ahead and sanction me. Olodo
You said something would happen by midnight now it's tomorrow.

There's no evidence that what you're saying is true and if we go by your previous touting for Buhari and APC you're clearly a propagandist.

You're not gonna get away with this.
I concur with the Emir on this. You can claim something of this magnitude will happen and it doesn't happen. There have to be consequences IMHO
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:11 am

Wow.
Interesting.
Why does it take Lolly speaking to someone at Eko Hotel for this perception to be debunked? These rumours of indebtedness have been flying round the press and social media without any rebuttal from the NFF. Try a similar rumour about Gareth Southgate and you will see an official rebuttal within hours. Doesn't the NFF have a communications team?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Robbynice wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:25 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:56 am If this turns out to be fake news,propaganda or disinformation, I will post a thread calling for Lolly to be sanctioned. We simply cannot allow this kind of thread be posted here without evidence other some guy in a hotel.

"OFFICIALS " meeting and agreeing to terminate a formally appointed coach's contract is not beer parlor talk. Unless this turns out to be true, there should be severe sanctions on Lolly to prevent this kind of propaganda from taking over the forum.

There's no evidence that what you're saying is true and if we go by your previous touting for Buhari and APC you're clearly a propagandist.

I concur with the Emir on this. You can claim something of this magnitude will happen and it doesn't happen. There have to be consequences IMHO
Why? He reported a conversation that he had. They are considering firing him which means that nothing may happen. Lolly never said that anything would definitely happen.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Rohr was owned some salary and entitlements... It might not be six month or more, it could have been 3 or 2 months.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

4 Pages and nothing tangible dropped by Lolly... Bros na wa o. You dey form inner caucus, drop gist, na so so parable you dey yarn..
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:00 am

Wow.
Interesting.
Why does it take Lolly speaking to someone at Eko Hotel for this perception to be debunked? These rumours of indebtedness have been flying round the press and social media without any rebuttal from the NFF. Try a similar rumour about Gareth Southgate and you will see an official rebuttal within hours.
Maybe because we are very poor at fact-checking?
Plus in this place we tend to believe we are in view of the whole picture whereas we tend to recycle opinions and unchecked facts quite a lot.

I have a vague memory of either Pinnick or the NFF stating that ROHR’s salary had been cleared but I can’t say for sure.
I too have been running with the ‘unpaid salary’ presumption based on CE gist.

We are just a tiny fraction of the Nigerian football-loving community. The prevailing sentiment in here is often totally out of sync with the wider public opinion. It might be we have been echoing each other’s cynicism and enthusiastically embraced a totally false narrative that fits with our sentiments.

It would be nice to know for a fact whether he is owed arrears or not. It’s part of the conundrum NFF has to deal with if indeed they are considering making a move on ROHR.
Doesn't the NFF have a communications team?
Remember what the NFF VP said when he was our guest here?
No be every rumour we can or have to respond to”
Maybe this is one of them.
Or maybe they have and we blocked ear. :rotf:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:33 am

Wow.
Interesting.
Why does it take Lolly speaking to someone at Eko Hotel for this perception to be debunked? These rumours of indebtedness have been flying round the press and social media without any rebuttal from the NFF. Try a similar rumour about Gareth Southgate and you will see an official rebuttal within hours.
Maybe because we are very poor at fact-checking?
Plus in this place we tend to believe we are in view of the whole picture whereas we tend to recycle opinions and unchecked facts quite a lot.

I have a vague memory of either Pinnick or the NFF stating that ROHR’s salary had been cleared but I can’t say for sure.
I too have been running with the ‘unpaid salary’ presumption based on CE gist.

We are just a tiny fraction of the Nigerian football-loving community. The prevailing sentiment in here is often totally out of sync with the wider public opinion. It might be we have been echoing each other’s cynicism and enthusiastically embraced a totally false narrative that fits with our sentiments.

It would be nice to know for a fact whether he is owed arrears or not. It’s part of the conundrum NFF has to deal with if indeed they are considering making a move on ROHR.
Doesn't the NFF have a communications team?
Remember what the NFF VP said when he was our guest here?
No be every rumour we can or have to respond to”
Maybe this is one of them.
Or maybe they have and we blocked ear. :rotf:
The unpaid salary gist is not a CE bubble story. Type Rohr in twitter and you will see several references to it. If I want to check tell me where I can go to find the "truth". So far, all you have is Lolly's word. And if the NFF does not respond to an allegation as serious as this, then it should not be surprised if we accept it.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:33 am Maybe because we are very poor at fact-checking?
Remember Diezani Diamond Bra? This is chairman of EFCC

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:02 am

Why? He reported a conversation that he had. They are considering firing him which means that nothing may happen. Lolly never said that anything would definitely happen.
Oga lawyer, you sef see the silliness in their posts.

My comments are still here for them to read and comprehend.

1. Was anyone at the NFF having a discussion last night about Rohr - 100%. It actually started from the stadium right after the final whistle and I was there. We even hung out at the VIP lounge for about an hour before leaving the stadium.
2. Was the discussion about getting rid of him - 100%
3. Was there a meeting held at Eko Hotel sometime after 11pm last night - 100%. I left them just past 11pm since I wouldn't be allowed into the real meeting and I had to go home to madam
4. What did I hear while I was there - I will use exact quotes - "He is gone". "It has been decided". "I am just having a look at his contract" etc
5. Have they concluded yet? - I am still waiting to hear the outcome of the meetings.

Anyone who doesn't want to believe me, no problem. It won't stop me from posting FACTS.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Wow.
Interesting.
Why does it take Lolly speaking to someone at Eko Hotel for this perception to be debunked? These rumours of indebtedness have been flying round the press and social media without any rebuttal from the NFF. Try a similar rumour about Gareth Southgate and you will see an official rebuttal within hours. Doesn't the NFF have a communications team?
:lol: That "someone" at Eko Hotel would know if he was owed money and how long for. Read my post very well. He didn't say he wasn't owed money. All he said was a strong NO to my question that is it true he is being owed 6 months or over. I just deduced from the look on his face when he replied me that the so called debt is not an issue and there might not be any debt at all.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:12 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:02 am

Oga lawyer, you sef see the silliness in their posts.

My comments are still here for them to read and comprehend.

1. Was anyone at the NFF having a discussion last night about Rohr - 100%. It actually started from the stadium right after the final whistle and I was there. We even hung out at the VIP lounge for about an hour before leaving the stadium.
2. Was the discussion about getting rid of him - 100%
3. Was there a meeting held at Eko Hotel sometime after 11pm last night - 100%. I left them just past 11pm since I wouldn't be allowed into the real meeting and I had to go home to madam
4. What did I hear while I was there - I will use exact quotes - "He is gone". "It has been decided". "I am just having a look at his contract" etc
5. Have they concluded yet? - I am still waiting to hear the outcome of the meetings.

Anyone who doesn't want to believe me, no problem. It won't stop me from posting FACTS.
Your submissions are well appreciated sir :D