Rohr v CIV coach- Stop trying 2b wat u ain't

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr v CIV coach- Stop trying 2b wat u ain't

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Yes. That's the lesson of the last rd of African qualifiers. Stop trying to be what u ain't. :laugh:

So, I watched the Civ v Cam game and I was like. Cheiii, see passing, see movement , see coordination as CIV move the around the pitch effortlessly. Cameeoun on the other hand played one chance football. As long as the ball wasn't in their box they couldn't carr less. Long balls gbao like they're testing a new missile. They let u dribble them as long as you don't enter the box.

In the end tiki taka was no match for plantain and Gari. :laugh:
Now the CIV coach is crying to Fifa about lack of WC slots. Oloriburuku, che u didn't know it was only 5 spots for Africa before? :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr v CIV coach- Stop trying 2b wat u ain't

Post by maceo4 »

You are lying, both teams played good football from what I recall. With a midfielder like Zambo Anguissa Cameroon doesn't need to just gboa long balls as you are describing...abeg stop it...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

In reality, isn't it time for FIFA to increase Africa's spot to about seven, at least?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:58 pm You are lying, both teams played good football from what I recall. With a midfielder like Zambo Anguissa Cameroon doesn't need to just gboa long balls as you are describing...abeg stop it...
When will u swear off corruption? Cameround played a 541 all game and created very little but defended like they stole something.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Odas wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:01 am In reality, isn't it time for FIFA to increase Africa's spot to about seven, at least?
The guy knew it was 5 spots yrs ago. Why is he crying after he lost the game? Would he do the for Cameroun if they had lost? Heck naw... he'd hop step to the WC. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:01 am In reality, isn't it time for FIFA to increase Africa's spot to about seven, at least?
The spots have been increased but it does not take effect at the next World Cup.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:23 am
maceo4 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:58 pm You are lying, both teams played good football from what I recall. With a midfielder like Zambo Anguissa Cameroon doesn't need to just gboa long balls as you are describing...abeg stop it...
When will u swear off corruption? Cameround played a 541 all game and created very little but defended like they stole something.
You’s a liar!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Cameroon's so called plantain football was far better than the horror show Rohr has been feeding us so far... The Cameroon coach is good, he has done a great job drilling his team into a tactically cohesive unit.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

don't mind him ... The best game of match day 6 was Cmr vs CIV... both teams are well coached compared to the crap we saw vs CAR in Lagos
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:40 am
The spots have been increased but it does not take effect at the next World Cup
Increased? Increased when, and to what number, bro?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:51 am
Odas,

Naa waa oooo! Where have you been? Well, here is the news story and it has been several years, bro.....

BT
FIFA to expand World Cup to 48 teams in 2026
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/s ... /96383590/

ZURICH (AP) — FIFA will expand the World Cup to 48 teams, adding 16 extra nations to the 2026 tournament which is likely to be held in North America.

President Gianni Infantino's favored plan — for 16 three-team groups with the top two advancing to a round of 32 — was unanimously approved Tuesday by the FIFA Council.

It meets Infantino's election pledge of a bigger and more inclusive World Cup going beyond European and South American teams, which have won all 20 titles.

"We have to shape the football World Cup of the 21st century," said Infantino, who also promised funding increases for FIFA's 211 member federations at his election last February.

With 80 matches instead of 64, FIFA forecasts the equivalent of $1 billion extra income at current rates from broadcasting and sponsor deals, plus ticket sales, compared to $5.5 billion revenue forecast for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

FIFA projects an increased profit of $640 million despite some extra operating costs and prize money for teams.

FIFA's six continents should find out by May how many extra places they will each get.

"No guarantees have been made," Infantino said. "The only sure thing is that obviously with 48 teams everyone will have a bit more than they have today."

UEFA wants 16 European teams at the tournament, which is strongly favored to be played in North America. The CONCACAF region has not hosted the World Cup since the 1994 tournament in the United States.

American, Canadian and Mexican soccer leaders have had informal talks about a co-hosting bid.

FIFA members are scheduled to pick the host in May 2020, though there could be little competition in a process Infantino said must be "bullet-proof" to meet all integrity rules.

Africa and Asia could be winners in a bigger World Cup with up to nine places each. They had only five and four teams, respectively, at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Still, FIFA said it expects the standard of soccer to drop compared to the 32-team format locked in for the next two World Cups in Russia and Qatar.

The "absolute quality" of play, defined by high-ranked teams facing each other most often, is achieved by 32 teams, FIFA acknowledged in a research document sent to members last month. It made 10,000 tournament simulations to reach that conclusion.

Instead, Infantino wants to create fervor and months of anticipation back home in the 16 extra nations which would qualify, some probably making their World Cup debut. FIFA has pointed to Costa Rica, Wales and Iceland as examples of teams which overachieved at recent tournaments.

FIFA must break with soccer tradition to make its new format work after an original 48-team plan — with an opening playoff round sending 16 "one-and-done" teams home early — was unpopular.

Instead, three-team groups will replace the usual groups of four to create simple progress to a knockout bracket. However, it leaves one team idle for final group games and could risk collusion between the other two teams.

FIFA said it could guard against result-rigging by introducing penalty shootouts after group games that end in draws.

Infantino said a decision could wait until 2024 to agree on competition rules.

Despite the 16 extra games, FIFA believes the current maximum of stadiums needed will stay at the 12 used by Brazil and Russia. However, the demand for more training bases and hotels means developed countries would be better equipped to win future hosting contests.

North America is the strong favorite for 2026 because European and Asian countries are blocked by a FIFA rule excluding continents which hosted either of the two previous tournaments. Russia will host the World Cup next year and Qatar in 2022.

South America has been focused on a centenary tournament including original 1930 host Uruguay, and African nations are seen as lacking existing capacity and unlikely to fund multi-billion dollar infrastructure spending.
9 World Cup slots for Africa approved by FIFA, await ratification
https://www.africanews.com/2017/03/30/9 ... fication//
By Ismail Akwei
Last updated: 30/03/2017

FIFA has agreed on the proposed slot allocation recommended on January 10 to expand the World Cup to a 48-team competition.
The FIFA President Gianni Infantino and presidents of each of the six confederations agreed at a meeting in Zurich on Thursday, the world football governing body said in a statement.

“The recommendation will now be submitted for the ratification of the FIFA Council, whose next meeting is scheduled for May 9 in Manama, Bahrain, two days prior to the 67th FIFA Congress,” FIFA added.

If ratified, Africa (CAF) will get four more slots added to the current five of the 32-team competition and will take effect at the 2026 edition of the FIFA World Cup.

The recommendation will now be submitted for the ratification of the FIFA Council, whose next meeting is scheduled for May 9 in Manama, Bahrain, two days prior to the 67th FIFA Congress.

The new 48-team competition has 46 direct slots. The two other slots will be decided after a play-off tournament between six teams with each one from a confederation except UEFA, and one additional team from the confederation of the host country.

Also, the host country will automatically qualify for the World Cup, and its slot would be taken from the quota of its confederation.

In the event of co-hosting, the number of host countries to qualify automatically would be decided by the FIFA Council.

Below are the slots per confederation.

Confederation of African Football (CAF) – 9 direct slots
Asian Football Confederation (AFC) – 8 direct slots
North, Central American and Caribbean Football Confederation (CONCACAF) – 6 direct slots
South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) – 6 direct slots
Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) – 1 direct slot
Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) – 16 direct slots
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

In addition on 2 group stage matches starting in 2026
SuperEagles

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The spots have been increased but it does not take effect at the next World Cup.
That’s not a true increase. They simply expanded the available slots from 32 to 48 to accommodate more African teams. Percentage-wise, Africa is still getting the short end of the stick❗️

Cheers.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Watched the game the other night. I am quite surprised that folks here think either of these teams looked good. They didn’t in my view. CIV passed the ball around but they do not have any structure. The passing was due to folks carrying the ball around and finding the open man as opposed to coordinated movement of the team with players taking up expected positions. Cameroon played a rugged game that relied on the counter. I will be surprised if they can succeed with that type of play when they face tougher teams
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:49 pm Watched the game the other night. I am quite surprised that folks here think either of these teams looked good. They didn’t in my view. CIV passed the ball around but they do not have any structure. The passing was due to folks carrying the ball around and finding the open man as opposed to coordinated movement of the team with players taking up expected positions. Cameroon played a rugged game that relied on the counter. I will be surprised if they can succeed with that type of play when they face tougher teams
you know you've been wrong a lot when it comes to African games.. we read your comments in the ghana thread
SuperEagles

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

And you have it right 100% of the time? Cmon now.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:16 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:49 pm Watched the game the other night. I am quite surprised that folks here think either of these teams looked good. They didn’t in my view. CIV passed the ball around but they do not have any structure. The passing was due to folks carrying the ball around and finding the open man as opposed to coordinated movement of the team with players taking up expected positions. Cameroon played a rugged game that relied on the counter. I will be surprised if they can succeed with that type of play when they face tougher teams
you know you've been wrong a lot when it comes to African games.. we read your comments in the ghana thread
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:22 pm And you have it right 100% of the time? Cmon now.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:16 pm
i never said i had it right at 100% , however majority of the time i am on point about the African game. CIV and CMR played a very tactical game. Even the first leg was insane, however CIV were pretty dirty during the first leg. Also they would have scored a few goals late in Younde

They were just unfortunate to be grouped vs Cameroon.
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:59 am
Odas wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:51 am
Odas,

Naa waa oooo! Where have you been? Well, here is the news story and it has been several years, bro.....

BT
FIFA to expand World Cup to 48 teams in 2026
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/s ... /96383590/

ZURICH (AP) — FIFA will expand the World Cup to 48 teams, adding 16 extra nations to the 2026 tournament which is likely to be held in North America.

President Gianni Infantino's favored plan — for 16 three-team groups with the top two advancing to a round of 32 — was unanimously approved Tuesday by the FIFA Council.

It meets Infantino's election pledge of a bigger and more inclusive World Cup going beyond European and South American teams, which have won all 20 titles.

"We have to shape the football World Cup of the 21st century," said Infantino, who also promised funding increases for FIFA's 211 member federations at his election last February.

With 80 matches instead of 64, FIFA forecasts the equivalent of $1 billion extra income at current rates from broadcasting and sponsor deals, plus ticket sales, compared to $5.5 billion revenue forecast for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

FIFA projects an increased profit of $640 million despite some extra operating costs and prize money for teams.

FIFA's six continents should find out by May how many extra places they will each get.

"No guarantees have been made," Infantino said. "The only sure thing is that obviously with 48 teams everyone will have a bit more than they have today."

UEFA wants 16 European teams at the tournament, which is strongly favored to be played in North America. The CONCACAF region has not hosted the World Cup since the 1994 tournament in the United States.

American, Canadian and Mexican soccer leaders have had informal talks about a co-hosting bid.

FIFA members are scheduled to pick the host in May 2020, though there could be little competition in a process Infantino said must be "bullet-proof" to meet all integrity rules.

Africa and Asia could be winners in a bigger World Cup with up to nine places each. They had only five and four teams, respectively, at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Still, FIFA said it expects the standard of soccer to drop compared to the 32-team format locked in for the next two World Cups in Russia and Qatar.

The "absolute quality" of play, defined by high-ranked teams facing each other most often, is achieved by 32 teams, FIFA acknowledged in a research document sent to members last month. It made 10,000 tournament simulations to reach that conclusion.

Instead, Infantino wants to create fervor and months of anticipation back home in the 16 extra nations which would qualify, some probably making their World Cup debut. FIFA has pointed to Costa Rica, Wales and Iceland as examples of teams which overachieved at recent tournaments.

FIFA must break with soccer tradition to make its new format work after an original 48-team plan — with an opening playoff round sending 16 "one-and-done" teams home early — was unpopular.

Instead, three-team groups will replace the usual groups of four to create simple progress to a knockout bracket. However, it leaves one team idle for final group games and could risk collusion between the other two teams.

FIFA said it could guard against result-rigging by introducing penalty shootouts after group games that end in draws.

Infantino said a decision could wait until 2024 to agree on competition rules.

Despite the 16 extra games, FIFA believes the current maximum of stadiums needed will stay at the 12 used by Brazil and Russia. However, the demand for more training bases and hotels means developed countries would be better equipped to win future hosting contests.

North America is the strong favorite for 2026 because European and Asian countries are blocked by a FIFA rule excluding continents which hosted either of the two previous tournaments. Russia will host the World Cup next year and Qatar in 2022.

South America has been focused on a centenary tournament including original 1930 host Uruguay, and African nations are seen as lacking existing capacity and unlikely to fund multi-billion dollar infrastructure spending.
https://www.africanews.com/2017/03/30/9 ... fication//
By Ismail Akwei
Last updated: 30/03/2017

FIFA has agreed on the proposed slot allocation recommended on January 10 to expand the World Cup to a 48-team competition.
The FIFA President Gianni Infantino and presidents of each of the six confederations agreed at a meeting in Zurich on Thursday, the world football governing body said in a statement.

“The recommendation will now be submitted for the ratification of the FIFA Council, whose next meeting is scheduled for May 9 in Manama, Bahrain, two days prior to the 67th FIFA Congress,” FIFA added.

If ratified, Africa (CAF) will get four more slots added to the current five of the 32-team competition and will take effect at the 2026 edition of the FIFA World Cup.

The recommendation will now be submitted for the ratification of the FIFA Council, whose next meeting is scheduled for May 9 in Manama, Bahrain, two days prior to the 67th FIFA Congress.

The new 48-team competition has 46 direct slots. The two other slots will be decided after a play-off tournament between six teams with each one from a confederation except UEFA, and one additional team from the confederation of the host country.

Also, the host country will automatically qualify for the World Cup, and its slot would be taken from the quota of its confederation.

In the event of co-hosting, the number of host countries to qualify automatically would be decided by the FIFA Council.

Below are the slots per confederation.

Confederation of African Football (CAF) – 9 direct slots
Asian Football Confederation (AFC) – 8 direct slots
North, Central American and Caribbean Football Confederation (CONCACAF) – 6 direct slots
South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) – 6 direct slots
Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) – 1 direct slot
Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) – 16 direct slots
EII,

Thx a lot for the clarification, or information. I don't think I saw this before