Klopp - AFCON is "some little tournament in Africa"

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Klopp - AFCON is "some little tournament in Africa"

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:14 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:42 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:32 am Till Africa builds the brand of its football it will continue to be seen as a “little tournament” that serves as a big gadfly to European salary payers. The arrogance and misplaced sense of entitlement of the latter leads to such thinking. Whether Klopp’s reference to the stature was relative or derogatory, who knows, the ball bounces in both courts depending on the jury. Whilst only an assumption, one would assume such sentiment is universal within the footballing world beyond the African continent.
Please shut your moronic mouth. Dunce! We have heard this pathetic and unintelligent comment for years and it pretty much shows what I have always thought about you-- a stup1d moron.

Because a man is poor and jobless does not mean that he should accept insults from outsiders. Whether our country or league is sh1tt does not mean we should be insulted by a man whose teeth was rotten until 4 years ago.

Please go and fook yourself. Moron.
How old are you dude? Must you always throw insults, offensive, derogatory adjectives? Now, I know my portion is coming
but the illiterate coach can insult an entire continent of black people? You people are really programed .... my goodness. Your beef should be with that lost immigrant in the UK calling himself coach
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:54 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:51 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:22 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:34 am Klopp has spoken highly about AFCON.

You've likely misunderstood the context around his use of the word "little".

… and there it is. There has to be at least one native running interference for massa. Never fails❗️

Cheers.
I have a track record on this forum on this forum for calling out racism and incidents where non-Africans insult or disparage Africans or African institutions.

You, on the other hand, have a track record of stupidly and banality. On the rare occasions I've found myself agreeing with your posts I will immediately take the opposite position just to distance myself from you.
The only record you have on this forum is hiding behind your facelesness to be insulting and abusive. You are an unrepentant coward. I hope that one day, you and I will meet face to face and we’ll see if you have the guts to be as verbally abusive as you are on a faceless forum❗️

Cheers.
mehn i would love to watch this fight, man go tanda for corner with one massive turkey , watching two grown men panting and throwing air punches left and right with no sense of aiming coordination :biggrin:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:42 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:32 am Till Africa builds the brand of its football it will continue to be seen as a “little tournament” that serves as a big gadfly to European salary payers. The arrogance and misplaced sense of entitlement of the latter leads to such thinking. Whether Klopp’s reference to the stature was relative or derogatory, who knows, the ball bounces in both courts depending on the jury. Whilst only an assumption, one would assume such sentiment is universal within the footballing world beyond the African continent.
Please shut your moronic mouth. Dunce! We have heard this pathetic and unintelligent comment for years and it pretty much shows what I have always thought about you-- a stup1d moron.

Because a man is poor and jobless does not mean that he should accept insults from outsiders. Whether our country or league is sh1tt does not mean we should be insulted by a man whose teeth was rotten until 4 years ago.

Please go and fook yourself. Moron.
Classic example of reading sans comprehension. Comical. Permission to use this post on a blog. Will use it regardless, but permission would add icing to the Madeira. Hilarious.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Clearly tongue in cheek in that typical Germanic humor (or non)
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

He's not calling AFCON a little tournament. You need to understand the context of the conversation which is about international breaks and it being a disruption. It's matter of speak of the English language. It's like saying "oh yea, and don't forget about this as well..." If you don't understand the context of the word little here, I can't help you o.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:24 pm
benteke wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:03 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:34 am Klopp has spoken highly about AFCON.

What was the context, is there a longer video we can watch that puts that comment into context
It's sarcasm. The question was whether Klopp considered it a positive there'd be no more internationals until March. Klopp reminded the reporter there's still this little tournament in Africa that the reporter had forgotten about.

Also, Klopp has spoken positively about AFCON in the past.

But if people want to cry racism and see insults at every corner that's fine for them.

Exactly. Context is everything except you have a preconceived agenda...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Another guy that doesn't understand context. Klopp put him in his place.

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:24 pm

What was the context, is there a longer video we can watch that puts that comment into context
It's sarcasm. The question was whether Klopp considered it a positive there'd be no more internationals until March. Klopp reminded the reporter there's still this little tournament in Africa that the reporter had forgotten about.

Also, Klopp has spoken positively about AFCON in the past.

But if people want to cry racism and see insults at every corner that's fine for them.
...why 'little', why not big tournament? Is AFCON not big deal to us Africans? Is it insignificant to Africans?
Like I posted earlier he has a ting of Nazi DNA that surfaced unexpectedly. This happens to many white Americans, when they get called out they retort, "I have black friends".
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:15 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:58 am

The black man is truly cursed! I have never seen a race that will love another race so passionately, more than he loves himself. Tufiakwa! There is nothing Klopp would have said that would have offended this chap! Even if he insults his entire lineage, the chap will rationalize it and blame yourself :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: O ma se o!

Asians and hispanics do not behave like this. I dont know why the black man would rather die than go against his master. :oops:
Garbage.
sure :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

… and there it is. There has to be at least one native running interference for massa. Never fails❗️

Cheers.
We know them well well. :rotf: :rotf: They will willingly to commit suicide if thats what it takes do defend the master!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Cheers.
I have a track record on this forum on this forum for calling out racism and incidents where non-Africans insult or disparage Africans or African institutions.

You, on the other hand, have a track record of stupidly and banality. On the rare occasions I've found myself agreeing with your posts I will immediately take the opposite position just to distance myself from you.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And where is that? In the plantation? :rotf: :rotf:

You are truly a vile human being! Look at how you took sides with the master against your own! Tufia!
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:31 am Another guy that doesn't understand context. Klopp put him in his place.

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

I am sure the natives are ripping him in the replies but Ojoro is a hero.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:31 am Another guy that doesn't understand context. Klopp put him in his place.

how did he put him in his place? by stating hes not a native speaker but was comfortable enough to use 'irony' then tells the hero journalist he is in the wrong for taking him at his word.

if thats it then, he really got him
Saints baby we did it
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is pathetic. I see The Usual Suspects are out in full force again, arguing blindly.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

A non-native speaker of English correctly uses an English idiom and another non-native English speaker misunderstands him. The ignorant brother ‘Broda Babatunde’ challenges him based on his own poor grasp of another man’s language and then begins strutting about the internet feeling funky.

Then a bunch of equally non-native speakers start a racial WW3 based on their own limited understanding of Oyibo man’s language as correctly used by the non-native Oyibo man and then turn on their own more informed brothers accusing them of racial subservience for understanding the language and its usage better!
Chai! My people! You can’t make this up!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
the little matter of (something) (redirected from the little matter of)
the little matter of (something)
Said in reference to a rather large or important issue that has not yet been completed or addressed.
A: "Thank you for your services, Jennings. My valet will show you out." B: "Thank you, sir. However, there is still the little matter of my pay for the last three months."
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/th ... +matter+of
the little/small matter of something
spoken something that is not important or not difficult – used when you really think something is important or difficult
He seemed unworried by the small matter of the war that was in progress.
There’s the small matter of tonight’s game if we are to reach the finals.
https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/ ... -something
Definition of the little/small matter
used in an ironic way to refer to a difficult situation or problem
He wants to buy a new car, but first there's the little/small matter of getting enough money to pay for it.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... l%20matter
Oya, bring on the insults. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:20 am This is pathetic. I see The Usual Suspects are out in full force again, arguing blindly.

A non-native speaker of English correctly uses an English idiom and another non-native English speaker misunderstands him. The ignorant brother ‘Broda Babatunde’ challenges him based on his own poor grasp of another man’s language and then begins strutting about the internet feeling funky.

Then a bunch of equally non-native speakers start a racial WW3 based on their own limited understanding of Oyibo man’s language as correctly used by the non-native Oyibo man and then turn on their own more informed brothers accusing them of racial subservience for understanding the language and its usage better!
Said in reference to a rather large or important issue that has not yet been completed or addressed.
A: "Thank you for your services, Jennings. My valet will show you out." B: "Thank you, sir. However, there is still the little matter of my pay for the last three months."
spoken something that is not important or not difficult – used when you really think something is important or difficult
He wants to buy a new car, but first there's the little/small matter of getting enough money to pay for it.
Yep, given the full context this is a non starter and funny thing he was actually defending/bigging up the ANC by reminding the journo about it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:48 pm Klopp's command of the English language failed him here. In colloquial English if you want to remind someone of something significant that they are overlooking, you start with "There is the little matter of <overlooked thing>".

Klopp fudged up the "little" adjective and should have spoken in vernacular :mrgreen: which would have been translated to better convey his meaning.

No racism involved here. This is a complete non-issue. Oga Danfo wetin Oyinbo do you? :lol: :lol:

Shebi you dey America? You know there is something called the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission). File ya complaints wit dem and leave Klopp alone. :mrgreen:

You know things are bad when that complete and utter dunce Tony the P..ussy Licker * is on your side.

*In Jamaican patois "Lick" means to strike a blow, and P..ussy stands for Tiger :mrgreen:
Like someone said, some people are so desperate to be offended. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

This thread is good. I'm able to determine which forumers didn't even pass intermediate English.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:20 am This is pathetic. I see The Usual Suspects are out in full force again, arguing blindly.

You explained it much better than I did above. I can't believe that someone can't understand the context of the word "little" in this instance even with a limited knowledge of the English language and it's use of irony. As for that Babatunde journalist, I'm one for protecting our own, but I have heard him many times in LFC press conferences and he asks the most ridiculous questions. I actually cringe every time he asks a question and that makes me sad to say that as a fellow Nigerian.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Nigeria journalist based in Euope queries liverpool boss, Klopp, for calling the AFCON a small tournament..

Watch Presser here:
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

this reactions here are funny.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Any tournament that can not be watched on TV by its own people is a small tournament..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:34 pm this reactions here are funny.
yes, one would need to look no further to see why the negro was colonized and enslaved for so long.

happy thanksgiving my maga brother.
Saints baby we did it