Nigeria 🇳🇬 vs Egypt 🇪🇬 Predictions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 🇳🇬 vs Egypt 🇪🇬 Predictions

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:40 am Local coaches get scrutinized far more for corruption because they have been caught red handed and even officially sanctioned; or have been accused openly by ex-national players, or are known personally by some of us, myself included, to have made some funny backroom demands.

So you can’t bury all that under the carpet and expect us all to act as if all is well when questionable decisions are being made. There is a higher index of suspicion for Nigerian coaches, sadly.
For now, too many of our coaches have compromised themselves and have thereby forfeited being given the benefit of the doubt.
One bad apple….
In our case, many bad apples.
:idea:
As per the bolded.... There is a higher index of suspicion of Nigerians, because of Hushpuppy. I can bet you have experienced mistreatment because of your association with/to Nigeria and wondered why you were not treated as an individual. Nigerian coaches should not be treated as individuals, but as a collective.

A local coach as in (1 coach) was sanctioned does not equate to all local coaches! Please do give the names of local coaches who have caught red handed and even officially sanctioned. 5 - 10 names would suffice. Thanks!

There has been bribery accusations against British coaches... using your theory, I guess they have also forfeited being given the benefit of the doubt.

The truth is: Allegations remain, allegations until they are proven in Courts of Law, not on Social Media or court of public opinion.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:40 am
aruako1 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:04 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:32 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:29 am
joao wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:11 am
1naija wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:33 am Uncle FF, when was the last time any team beat Nigeria by such margin in a competitive game?
furiously frank wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:30 am Nigeria 0 Egypt 4
There is always a first time for everything.
Who would have even imagined Brazil chopping seven lumps at home?
Just hoping our SE never gets disorganized and demoralized that much.
Rohrists need to understand that Rohr is gone for good. Praying or hoping for the SuperEagles humiliation at AFCON so they can say “I told you so” isn’t going to bring Rohr back. Be patriots, let Rohr stay gone and support the SuperEagles❗️

Cheers.
Anyone predicting disaster for Nigeria is doing so out of an irrational fear, not a desire for an ‘I-told-you-so’ moment. You have bought into the silly argument that the support for Rohr was a “white love” or ‘WOWO’ thing and superseded support for the team. :rotf:

No way.
That was the anti-Rohr crowd projecting their own issues.
Some of them couldn’t even get over their personal dislike for that “white man” to allow them even enjoy a simple SE victory.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If you didn’t see that, you weren’t paying attention.
Most of it was not a "dislike for that white man" but an exasperation with Rohr, especially in the latter stages. Many more have only called for local and foreign coaches to recieve the same treatment.

Look at the Iwuji case. When some thought he was put on the list by Eguavoen, they concluded that it was corruption by Eguavoen. When it turned out that Rohr was still manager when Iwuji was added, they went quiet or mumbled about NFF corruption. That is just one example.
Guy, don’t take the fringe loonies as representative of the Rohr backers.
Those ones are regularly called out by both sides for their irrationality.

Difference however is that even moderates like yourself casually bring in the race factor as if it is the key point on which support for Rohr is built. And I don’t recall you or any other moderates challenging that popular slur slapped on anyone arguing in Rohr’s favor.

Have you noticed that no Rohr supporter has used the race factor to push their own argument?
Nothing could be easier than to accuse all the anti-Rohr vitriol as racist - or ‘reverse’ racism if you prefer that term.
But nobody has because it’s an emotional argument that has no basis - just like the WOWO thing.

Local coaches get scrutinized far more for corruption because they have been caught red handed and even officially sanctioned; or have been accused openly by ex-national players, or are known personally by some of us, myself included, to have made some funny backroom demands.

So you can’t bury all that under the carpet and expect us all to act as if all is well when questionable decisions are being made. There is a higher index of suspicion for Nigerian coaches, sadly.
For now, too many of our coaches have compromised themselves and have thereby forfeited being given the benefit of the doubt.
One bad apple….
In our case, many bad apples. :idea:
I bring in the race factor to show the discrepancy in treatment - we cannot ignore it and pretend that it does not exist. I have been consistent about it even when I still wanted Rohr to remain the coach. It is not Rohr's fault that he is held to a different standard so why would I hold it against him? I wanted him put for purely football reasons.

I have never said that a coach is automatically better simply because of their race. My favourite Nigerian coach is Troussier and he is not from Umuahia. Again,I was not very excited when Keshi was appointed as manager.

As Fabio has clearly pointed out, Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo were also accused of corruption. Then we have all those corruption convictions in Europe. Why have we not chosen to tar the foreign coaches? Why have we not considered the fact that our new coach has coached in some of corrupt countries?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:19 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:40 am Local coaches get scrutinized far more for corruption because they have been caught red handed and even officially sanctioned; or have been accused openly by ex-national players, or are known personally by some of us, myself included, to have made some funny backroom demands.

One bad apple….
As per the bolded.... There is a higher index of suspicion of Nigerians, because of Hushpuppy. I can bet you have experienced mistreatment because of your association with/to Nigeria and wondered why you were not treated as an individual. Nigerian coaches should not be treated as individuals, but as a collective.

A local coach as in (1 coach) was sanctioned does not equate to all local coaches! Please do give the names of local coaches who have caught red handed and even officially sanctioned. 5 - 10 names would suffice. Thanks!

There has been bribery accusations against British coaches... using your theory, I guess they have also forfeited being given the benefit of the doubt.

The truth is: Allegations remain, allegations until they are proven in Courts of Law, not on Social Media or court of public opinion.
Two of Rohr's teammates in the Bayern 1974 have faced investigations in recent times. Hoeness was jailed for tax evasion and Beckenbauer walked a corruption charge on a technicality. But every benefit of doubt is righty given to Rohr as a separate individual. But apparently, that courtesy does not extend to local coaches.

I haven't even gone into the effect of scandals such as Siemens and Volkswagen.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

One bad apple….

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Its really funny how you guys look for evidence of coaches being caught red handed and officially sanctioned before you can accuse them of corruption, but you will use this same platform and others to accuse politicians of corruption even without them being caught red handed or officially sanctioned. Is it one rule for out football coaches and one rule for the politicians?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:32 pm

One bad apple….

Its really funny how you guys look for evidence of coaches being caught red handed and officially sanctioned before you can accuse them of corruption, but you will use this same platform and others to accuse politicians of corruption even without them being caught red handed or officially sanctioned. Is it one rule for out football coaches and one rule for the politicians?
Very good point, Lolly. However, with politicians there is usually more meat to the allegations. For instance, it is usually easy to determine whether a project has been inflated. And personally, I have only just recently vouched for the integrity of an APC politician on CE.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so since hushpuppy chop $$$, then we can agree that the likes of damunk, and lolly are also corrupt? well lollu works for buhari them so he is from the same pot
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:07 pm

One bad apple….

Very good point, Lolly. However, with politicians there is usually more meat to the allegations. For instance, it is usually easy to determine whether a project has been inflated. And personally, I have only just recently vouched for the integrity of an APC politician on CE.
Explain what you mean by “there is usually more meat to the allegations”? When players accuse coaches of asking for bribes before being selected, is that enough meat for you? When agents come out to say they were asked to bring a bribe to get their client selected, is that enough meat?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:42 pm

One bad apple….

Explain what you mean by “there is usually more meat to the allegations”? When players accuse coaches of asking for bribes before being selected, is that enough meat for you? When agents come out to say they were asked to bring a bribe to get their client selected, is that enough meat?
Lolly

True and some cases have been verified but you should know that not all allegations are true. So how do you determine which one is and which one is not true? Or should we accept all allegations?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

One bad apple….

Have players accused all Nigerian coaches? Have agents said that it is all Nigerian coaches? Did they name names? If the answer to the first two questions is no, why would we tar all coaches with the same brush? I have never said that there was no corruption. I only said that we should consider each person individually.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:47 pm

One bad apple….

Lolly

True and some cases have been verified but you should know that not all allegations are true. So how do you determine which one is and which one is not true? Or should we accept all allegations?
I never said all allegations are true. My main issue was with Fabio who is expecting coaches to be caught red handed and officially sanctioned before we can believe the allegations against them. I have evidence of one of our famous coaches asking for $1500 per player to be included in a youth team call up many years ago. The coach was on speaker. Unfortunately, it was not recorded. That same coach now goes around claiming he is not corrupt and acting all sanctimonious. Bros, we know what goes on with our football coaches. The same way we know what goes on with our politicians. And I must add, not all coaches are corrupt but majority of our national team coaches at all levels have been involved in backhanders or doing a favour for a friend.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:51 pm

One bad apple….

Have players accused all Nigerian coaches? Have agents said that it is all Nigerian coaches? Did they name names? If the answer to the first two questions is no, why would we tar all coaches with the same brush? I have never said that there was no corruption. I only said that we should consider each person individually.
Have players accused all Nigerian coaches? - No
Have agents said that it is all Nigerian coaches? - No
Did they name names? - Yes. But people like Fabio are asking if they were caught red handed or offically sanctioned. :lol:

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:19 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:51 pm

One bad apple….

Have players accused all Nigerian coaches? - No
Have agents said that it is all Nigerian coaches? - No
Did they name names? - Yes. But people like Fabio are asking if they were caught red handed or offically sanctioned. :lol:
Lolly

Accusation is not a proof. The onus is on the accuser to po rovide proof. We are not gullible and should not be or faudsters and mudslinging will all take us to the cleaners. Always always request for proof because you could be at the receiving end one day without an iota of evidence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:17 pm

One bad apple….

Lolly

I never said all allegations are true. My main issue was with Fabio who is expecting coaches to be caught red handed and officially sanctioned before we can believe the allegations against them. I have evidence of one of our famous coaches asking for $1500 per player to be included in a youth team call up many years ago. The coach was on speaker. Unfortunately, it was not recorded. That same coach now goes around claiming he is not corrupt and acting all sanctimonious. Bros, we know what goes on with our football coaches. The same way we know what goes on with our politicians. And I must add, not all coaches are corrupt but majority of our national team coaches at all levels have been involved in backhanders or doing a favour for a friend.
It is not enough to "know" that "some" or "most" coaches are "corrupt" to call an individual local coach corrupt. I am very particular about this issue because at my former company, my nomination for Head of Africa was questioned because a Nigerian did something in the past. The guy who was favoured by the "questioners" was European and several people from his country had been fired for dodgy dealings. It didn't affect him as an individual, but could have cost me the role. I was lucky that my manager insisted on me.

I hate corruption and what it does to our football. However, smearing people based on their nationality without evidence is wrong. I have probably been guilty of it sometimes with our politicians but it doesn't make it right.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:32 pm It is not enough to "know" that "some" or "most" coaches are "corrupt" to call an individual local coach corrupt. I am very particular about this issue because at my former company, my nomination for Head of Africa was questioned because a Nigerian did something in the past. The guy who was favoured by the "questioners" was European and several people from his country had been fired for dodgy dealings. It didn't affect him as an individual, but could have cost me the role. I was lucky that my manager insisted on me.

I hate corruption and what it does to our football. However, smearing people based on their nationality without evidence is wrong. I have probably been guilty of it sometimes with our politicians but it doesn't make it right.
My Wife had similar experience. She was the best in the interview process. They asked for another round of interview, she was the best again. Her Manager, Kenyan, put his foot down and hired her.

Only to find out after employment, one oga said they can't trust Nigerians with procurement, the said Oga is now her padi.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:32 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:17 pm

Lolly

It is not enough to "know" that "some" or "most" coaches are "corrupt" to call an individual local coach corrupt. I am very particular about this issue because at my former company, my nomination for Head of Africa was questioned because a Nigerian did something in the past. The guy who was favoured by the "questioners" was European and several people from his country had been fired for dodgy dealings. It didn't affect him as an individual, but could have cost me the role. I was lucky that my manager insisted on me.

:clap: Flex

This is exactly why I am miffed. It is very easy for me to throw allegations left, right, and center and it ends up hurting lives. That is why I am particular about evidence. Just like you, I had a friend face a similar ordeal. His family suffered dearly. I know this guy and it was a hatchet job. Guess what? He was forced to go through a lengthy investigation that totally exonerated him and he was commended afterwards. But all that can never compensate for the ordeal that he went through. So when I ask for evidence it is about justice and fairness.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

I made my prediction and didn't check back on this page until now...wow! I must have hit a raw nerve with some of you.
I didn't make that prediction based on Rohr or lack thereof...I made it based on reports from management side of things.
Coaches don't win tournaments or lose games, players and the organizations around them do.
When one of our frontline journalist indicated that NFF calculations is not this tournament but the WC, I know our goose is cooked. Can you imagine getting to work and your employer attitude and statements speaks volume about their lack of interest in the project you are working on? I believe that principally is the reason why Osimhen et al. opted out.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

Nigeria 2 - 2 Egypt
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:12 pm Nigeria 2 - 2 Egypt
my long lost brother, i hope you are well.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Prediction thread being derailed, predictively so lol.
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:27 pm
I am very well thank you, and you how are you doing my dear brother? This AfCon made me realized that I really neglected coming here so here I am :D
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:39 pm
King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:27 pm
I am very well thank you, and you how are you doing my dear brother? This AfCon made me realized that I really neglected coming here so here I am :D
I am doing ok, hanging on with both hands, trying to swim without getting wet... you are back, Gbagbo is back, all is right with the world again :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

Nigeria tends to surprise you when everything seems shambolic. This AFCON could be one.

My prediction Nigeria 1 - Egypt 2
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Realistically the match can go either way. Anyone leaning too much to one side is fooling themselves.

Salah is great but he is not a god. With a little more forward thinking, Nigeria would have eliminated a side with Lionel Messi from the World Cup, so I think the concept of fearing Salah is a little bit moronic to me. We should be AWARE of him, but no fear.

However, to be entirely honest, this is Egypt's match to lose, but that works to our favour. It takes the pressure off our shoulders and we can just have fun. Egypt will not be the relaxed of the two sides. The pressure is on them and they will make mistakes. We might be able to capitalise on those errors.

I say there is a 60% chance Egypt win and a 40% chance Nigeria win, if we ignore the draw permutation.

I would still put my money on Nigeria nonetheless as 40% is good enough for me when involving the NT. Obviously if I were putting money, the amount would be conservative. I never bet against Nigeria, I would rather abstain than win on a Nigeria loss.

but this is no David and Goliath battle. Nigeria's talent is genuine! I think Egypt would be fools to underestimate us. A guy like Chukwueze (on his day) can terrorize ANY TEAM, whether it be France or Bayern Munich or Egypt. So only a fool would look over us.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT