Nigeria vs Egypt 1-0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Egypt Live! 1-0

Post by Dammy »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:53 pm
Tbite wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:50 pm I feel our own squad is significantly underestimated by even Nigerians and by even Rohr. I have watched African football long enough by now to know that it will take more than Salah to neutralise us.
Salah is still a deadly beast and he may very well still score, but the other players around him will have to create the space for him.

And players like Chukwueze and Simon are going to be a handful for any team in this competition. So the idea that we are somehow an easy team to play in this competition is laughable. I pity the team that underestimate us.

Yes we fire our coach, but now we have no pressure on how shoulders.
we have no players playing for Liverpool and united or Chelsea....how can we compete....

Mr Rohr....This is how we can compete.....
Do you know that Rohr said it again today in an interview analysing the game. It's obvious he was the one who held the team back. His lack of faith in his own players is so glaring and that translated into the team's play.
I am happy
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

EII Rohr spent his entire tenure telling people why the squad was not good enough, it started right from his first game. So I think that is what we are seeing here today. For the first time a manager that will not blame the players. They are oozing liveliness.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Double post. I have a faulty mouse.
Last edited by Tbite on Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:55 pm Men that was a good first half. Simon has them really shook.
And Chukwueze never wake up yet.
Let everybody focus on Simon for now....until Samu explodes and decides to show them small peppeh. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Will be interesting to see how we respond to any sustained Egyptian pressure.

We have the advantage. 2hf has to be about control and the counter, STILL keeping those wide players wide...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:47 pm Its a long time we have played this well against what should be a tough match. Well done to Egu and the boys.
I've always been a fan of Eguavoen as a coach (even though I wished he'd coached more in the years after coaching the SE). I liked his 06 AFCON team so I welcomed his hiring. That said, it's still early days. It's too early to tell how much of this is down to Nigeria plain well or Egypt sucking.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

we still have Iwobi, Onyekuru, sadiq and Ejuke to unleash later in the game. Wow.
Last edited by naijaguy on Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Shadams
Egg
Egg

Post by Shadams »

People are reminding us it's a 90-mins game and we should temper the excitement. Fair enough, but I think it's reasonable to be excited about the intensity and hunger we have seen so far. Bring the same intelligent and tactical pressing in the second half, and we will be fine. Rohr was constantly pleased to infantilize this team, but these guys are showing they are capable of much more obviously. Even if you lose, you want to do that with dignity, knowing you gave your all.
Comment is free, but facts are sacred-- C.P Scott
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Finally a coach that knows our DNA. Our strength is in the wings. Egu took time recently in a video to explain the core of our DNA. The spine, the wingers and the finishers. That 1st half was a classical display of what he spoke about. Chukwueze seems to be the missing link at the moment because rather than drag the right back away like Odegbami, Finidi and Babangida, he keeps cutting into a crowd. If he carries on like that, Egu better replace him.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

hestonap wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:52 pm
kbt wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:43 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:38 pm NFF please keep Eguavoen, he is OUR OWN.
Haven’t you heard of the wowo brigade?
Bros one step at a time. It is a 90 minute game and a long completion. Make we hopefully bury the Pharaohs first, take care of business in this AFCON.

Then we go aim to start to make that necessary noise.

But it has been a great joy watching Nigeria play with swagger. All of a sudden players who cant string passes are doing the beautiful. I wonder what changed.

Just keep it intelligent Ego and the boys.
Exactly! Thx, bro :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Who knew naija footy can be entertaining, pass eye test, and effective. I hope naija finally have the self belief to stop sourcing all these journeymen foreign coaches that damage their football brand.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Good half.

Hope we score another goal early enough.

I see Egypt rejigging their formation and strategy.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Aribo is da bomb! What a player.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Second half is going to be a game of adjustment for the coaches. Obviously, Egypt will adjust probably to a different formation. What will Nigeria do in that case? Adjust or stay in the same formation?
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Goldleaf wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:02 pm Finally a coach that knows our DNA. Our strength is in the wings. Egu took time recently in a video to explain the core of our DNA. The spine, the wingers and the finishers. That 1st half was a classical display of what he spoke about. Chukwueze seems to be the missing link at the moment because rather than drag the right back away like Odegbami, Finidi and Babangida, he keeps cutting into a crowd. If he carries on like that, Egu better replace him.
Well, we have been saying that we have a football playing style but some here wouldn't agree.

This is more like how we like the game to be played.

Same set of players but playing totally differently.

I hope it continues in the second half.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Good to see Iheanacho and Ayoniyi playing together again since that run in the u-17 WC in 2013.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:03 pm Aribo is da bomb! What a player.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Shadams wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:02 pm People are reminding us it's a 90-mins game and we should temper the excitement. Fair enough, but I think it's reasonable to be excited about the intensity and hunger we have seen so far. Bring the same intelligent and tactical pressing in the second half, and we will be fine. Rohr was constantly pleased to infantilize this team, but these guys are showing they are capable of much more obviously. Even if you lose, you want to do that with dignity, knowing you gave your all.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

naijaguy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:02 pm we still have Iwobi, Onyekuru, sadiq and Ejuke to unleash later in the game. Wow.
Don’t forget Musa. He will get his trademarked 10 mins.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

In all his years, Gernot Rohr never took his time to study our tradition. Rather, he kept trying a european style of putting defence above attack. Our strength is in our attack and Egu has 5 competent goal scorers in that attack line today; Kele, Chukwueze, Awoniyi, Daddy and Aribo. That is what we used to do and what brought us success.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:01 pm
airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:55 pm Men that was a good first half. Simon has them really shook.
And Chukwueze never wake up yet.
Let everybody focus on Simon for now....until Samu explodes and decides to show them small peppeh. :D
Chukwueze is pinching inside to condense space... we are yet to use his wing to attack.
Wish he was the one who had the runs that Simon has had so far.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I really hope we win this game. I will never forget all the pepper Egypt showed us in the mid toe late 2000s.

This is more than just this competition. We need payback!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Goldleaf wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm In all his years, Gernot Rohr never took his time to study our tradition. Rather, he kept trying a european style of putting defence above attack. Our strength is in our attack and Egu has 5 competent goal scorers in that attack line today; Kele, Chukwueze, Awoniyi, Daddy and Aribo. That is what we used to do and what brought us success.
Not true guys. Rohr's team up until the World Cup in Russia played some very good football beating Cameroon and Algeria in Nigeria. And even 2 years ago at AFCON until we lost to Algeria.