On a less happy note: Are there bonuses for goals scored?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
On a less happy note: Are there bonuses for goals scored?

Post by Tbite »

Are there bonuses for goals scored?

If so, the bonus for assists needs to be exactly the same as that for goals scored.

and Eguavoen needs to very tough on glory hunters. Perhaps even tell them what becomes of glory hunters. They become/stay relatively obscure like Obinna Nsofor, Jordan Ayew etc (edit I meant Jordan not Andre).

I feel like we have too many glory hunters right now. If we are 3 goals up then fine, but 1 goal up is not the time to be thinking of your youtube highlights.

Finally, glory hunters should be benched. Ejuke must not start for Nigeria until he gets his head in order. And even Iheanacho needs to be given a talking to.

Deliver for the TEAM first and foremost. AFCON is not for your youtube highlights.

Imagine if Egypt had gotten a lucky last minute goal, then we would have drawn 1-1. A match that should have ended 3-0 or even 4-0!

When you deliver for the team, fun fact, your youtube highlights will look good! When the youtubers are making the videos, they will have a tough time editing all the missed shots and wasted crossing opportunities! 10-20 years ago, clubs didn't mind glory hunters, but now all they want is end product, a guy like Ejuke will be stuck in Russia if he doesn't deliver end product. Dribbling is dime a dozen nowadays.
Last edited by Tbite on Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: On a less happy note: Are there bonuses for goals scored?

Post by Scipio Africanus »

For real. Imagine doing that nonsense in a tight knockout game where 1 goal would make the difference.

Wha choo looking at?!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...abeg no bonus thing saga here.
That thing is detrimental to the boys and winning as some of them will become selfish to wan score their own goal.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I am not vexed, but I just don't want it to be the norm.

You know the balance is right when there is at least one case of the reverse. Where a player that SHOULD be selfish tries to play one too many passes and wastes the opportunity.

We didn't even have ONE of those in the entire match. It shows our players were not even the least bit charitable.

Hang on, I wonder if it was because of team chemistry. I.e. the final third chemistry was off (and they knew it), so they would rather take their chances solo. For example, apart from Iheanacho and Awoniyi, not many partnerships in the final third were dialled in. Simon and Iheanacho I think were not gelling perfectly. Iheanacho was on the by-line with two or three players to pass to and couldn't pick out a pass.

Perhaps this was what was going on. The more they understand the pattern of play, perhaps the less inclined they will be, to do things solo. Iheanacho is not particularly selfish IMO and neither is Simon IMO. So maybe this is the explanation.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:55 pm ...abeg no bonus thing saga here.
That thing is detrimental to the boys and winning as some of them will become selfish to wan score their own goal.
Not saying they should pay it, I am wondering if it exists then at the least make it balanced. If it doesn't exist then good.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:00 pm
mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:55 pm ...abeg no bonus thing saga here.
Not saying they should pay it, I am wondering if it exists then at the least make it balanced. If it doesn't exist then good.
...I hope it doesn't exist or at least muted, it creates dichotomy within the team and on the field of play.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:47 pm Are there bonuses for goals scored?

If so, the bonus for assists needs to be exactly the same as that for goals scored.

and Eguavoen needs to very tough on glory hunters. Perhaps even tell them what becomes of glory hunters. They become/stay relatively obscure like Obinna Nsofor, Jordan Ayew etc (edit I meant Jordan not Andre).

I feel like we have too many glory hunters right now. If we are 3 goals up then fine, but 1 goal up is not the time to be thinking of your youtube highlights.

Finally, glory hunters should be benched. Ejuke must not start for Nigeria until he gets his head in order. And even Iheanacho needs to be given a talking to.

Deliver for the TEAM first and foremost. AFCON is not for your youtube highlights.

Imagine if Egypt had gotten a lucky last minute goal, then we would have drawn 1-1. A match that should have ended 3-0 or even 4-0!

When you deliver for the team, fun fact, your youtube highlights will look good! When the youtubers are making the videos, they will have a tough time editing all the missed shots and wasted crossing opportunities! 10-20 years ago, clubs didn't mind glory hunters, but now all they want is end product, a guy like Ejuke will be stuck in Russia if he doesn't deliver end product. Dribbling is dime a dozen nowadays.
That is why their coach had the temerity to be crying for a phantom penalty.

Had we buried our chances he would be looking for a new job.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!