We won the Easiest Game in our group...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
We won the Easiest Game in our group...

Post by omey2k4 »

I think that's the easiest game we just won in our group,beating teams we are actually supposed two iususally is difficult for us..History has showed that so many times...Great win to the guys but the most difficult games will be our last 2 games...hope I wrong...
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: We won the Easiest Game in our group...

Post by Bigpokey24 »

that is because they will go on the defense... however Egu nah attacking coach this was his 6th tournament win out of 7 in AFCON games. we suffered under **** for 6 years .. however this current AFCON is a low scoring one so far after match day 1... lets see if teams will open up and take risks
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

The steaks are higher now so teams will approach us defensively and no team in this tournament is walk over so I think we will probably work harder to get results from teams people think we should easily beat

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

It all boils down to taking out chances. Against GB and Sudan, they will probably play a defensive game, one to frustrate us and two to get a decent result because of the so called best 3rd place finishers thingy. We will create chances, we just need to take them. I don't see us beat these teams will high goals margin but I do see us doing enough to win those games.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

omey2k4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:42 pm I think that's the easiest game we just won in our group,beating teams we are actually supposed two iususally is difficult for us..History has showed that so many times...Great win to the guys but the most difficult games will be our last 2 games...hope I wrong...
Rohr isn’t the coach anymore. Eguavoen will be more successful in solving the opponent’s negative tactics❗️

Cheers.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

omey2k4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:42 pm I think that's the easiest game we just won in our group,beating teams we are actually supposed two iususally is difficult for us..History has showed that so many times...Great win to the guys but the most difficult games will be our last 2 games...hope I wrong...

Just wondering if you thought before we played Egypt if it would be our easiest game.

Also had Egypt who were loaded with very good players had defeated us be 3 goals would you have still said it was our easiest game ?

... my point do not undermine the brilliant tactic & game of Eguavon and our talented players yesterday, They neutralised a Powerful Egyptian team.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Guinea bissau looked decent against Sudan. They were very wasteful in front of goal and should have won.

They have a number of players that play in the Portuguese and French leagues. Don't know if they start for their clubs tho.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

olu wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:06 pm Guinea bissau looked decent against Sudan. They were very wasteful in front of goal and should have won.

They have a number of players that play in the Portuguese and French leagues. Don't know if they start for their clubs tho.
:clap: I agree. They are a good team and will have moments against us and Egypt. As for Sudan, their best bet is to seek a draw. We should definitely seek positive against Sudan and can them based on how desperate and aggressive they are.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

You have a point. Egypt played us fairly, by that I mean, an open game.

Not the bunker type games that the other teams will use against us.

But I like the fact that this coaching staff seems to encourage the forwards (wingers) to take on their opponents.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:19 pm
olu wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:06 pm Guinea bissau looked decent against Sudan. They were very wasteful in front of goal and should have won.

:clap: I agree. They are a good team and will have moments against us and Egypt. As for Sudan, their best bet is to seek a draw. We should definitely seek positive against Sudan and can them based on how desperate and aggressive they are.
Oga, fim trick dey Africa o. I don tok ma own o.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:31 pm that is because they will go on the defense... however Egu nah attacking coach this was his 6th tournament win out of 7 in AFCON games. we suffered under **** for 6 years .. however this current AFCON is a low scoring one so far after match day 1... lets see if teams will open up and take risks
Guinea B and Sudan both drew each other.

If they have any intentions to try and advance, and not just be in Cameroon for holiday, they must come out to play against either us or Egypt.

Egypt isn't really a great team for them to attack either.

If these teams do sit back against us, Moses Simon that did well (in some aspects) against Egypt will be rendered almost useless. Musa will be absolute suicide.

We will need our most technical players with vision, passing accuracy, and decision making.

Aribo, Nacho, perhaps Iwobi and Nwakali.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 pm
Rohr isn’t the coach anymore. Eguavoen will be more successful in solving the opponent’s negative tactics❗️

Cheers.
he wont if he thinks Simon will be effective against packed AFrican defences. SAme Simon who is still yet to have a single goal or assist in over 2 years.

He's going to have to alter his thinking.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Sudan looks like the weakest team in our group and will probably park the bus against us. Will see how we cope with that.

Guinea Bissau could cause us trouble if we are complacent. They have some fast players and are physical too.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:09 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 pm

Cheers.
he wont if he thinks Simon will be effective against packed AFrican defences. SAme Simon who is still yet to have a single goal or assist in over 2 years.

He's going to have to alter his thinking.
All SImon , Chukuweze , et al have to do is get in our opponets penalty box and start "waltzing " and Penarity go come plenty.

We will also get a few free kicks which i hope we Capitalize on,
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Dealing with a parked bus isn’t easy but consider that of all the midfielders available to be selected, Eguavoen chose Nwakali, the one player who has a knack for scoring from distance… and that would be part of the strategy to counter any negative football that our opponents may throw at us. Eguavoen has, at his disposal, two players who can make teams pay for adopting the parked bus strategy; Kelechi and Kelechi❗️

Cheers.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

blueangel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:03 pm

Just wondering if you thought before we played Egypt if it would be our easiest game.

Also had Egypt who were loaded with very good players had defeated us be 3 goals would you have still said it was our easiest game ?

... my point do not undermine the brilliant tactic & game of Eguavon and our talented players yesterday, They neutralised a Powerful Egyptian team.
Clearly my statement is because we won and if you read what I said "might"..bottom line is we won. my point is that it would be more difficult against teams dedicated to defending....

Listen to my beatz^^^^^