Nobody is talking about Ekong's pinpoint passes to Simon

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nobody is talking about Ekong's pinpoint passes to Simon

Post by Scipio Africanus »

This pass was key to starting many of our attacks. The sequence would go like this:

Ekong to Omeruo, Omeruo back to Ekong, Ekong to Simon. Bang! Attack initiated. Kai, if Simon could improve his final ball just a little, we will win this cup on the trot.

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nobody is talking about Ekong's pinpoint passes to Simon

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:36 pm This pass was key to starting many of our attacks. The sequence would go like this:

Ekong to Omeruo, Omeruo back to Ekong, Ekong to Simon. Bang! Attack initiated. Kai, if Simon could improve his final ball just a little, we will win this cup on the trot.
You are a winch!
I was just thinking of this and came to make a post on it only to see you don talk am finish.
Those cross-field passes to Moses were pin-point which kind of goes against what I thought about his anywhere-belleh-face clearances we’ve been seeing.

Countless times I anticipated the ball going out of play only for Simon to appear like a speck on the horizon collecting the delivery like an Amazon package.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:43 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:36 pm This pass was key to starting many of our attacks. The sequence would go like this:

You are a winch!
I was just thinking of this and came to make a post on it only to see you don talk am finish.
Those cross-field passes to Moses were pin-point which kind of goes against what I thought about his anywhere-belleh-face clearances we’ve been seeing.

Countless times I anticipated the ball going out of play only for Simon to appear like a speck on the horizon collecting the delivery like an Amazon package.
"Like an Amazon package". Tracked and guaranteed delivery! I like that! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nna the thing was beautiful to see. For me just as beautiful and satisfying as Kele's goal. This is why we watch the game! :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The key to that was width.

Egu dared the Egyptians to defend with width and they didn’t want to. So our wide guys, especially Simon, were always free for the pass from the back.

The other key to this was how quickly Aribo joined up to make a five man attack so we still had numbers in the middle and Nacho and Awoniyi could play close to each other.

The pass out wide is always easier for a centre half; the structure allowed for the pass to always be on and both Ekong and Omeruo used it well (it was Omeruo’s pass to Simon that led to our goal).
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

waka-man wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:26 pm The key to that was width.

Egu dared the Egyptians to defend with width and they didn’t want to. So our wide guys, especially Simon, were always free for the pass from the back.

The other key to this was how quickly Aribo joined up to make a five man attack so we still had numbers in the middle and Nacho and Awoniyi could play close to each other.

The pass out wide is always easier for a centre half; the structure allowed for the pass to always be on and both Ekong and Omeruo used it well (it was Omeruo’s pass to Simon that led to our goal).
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Very nice summary. The tin do me like film trick. It is an effortless, almost risk free way to launch attacks. Simon beat his man EVERY SINGLE TIME! Now if only he could improve the quality of his crosses a little bit, I suspect Awoniyi will get some joy upfront. Awoniyi looks like a very good header of the ball. That his header that was saved by the Egypptian 'keeper na die!

Wha choo looking at?!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I have seen Simon deliver better crosses for Nantes, not sure what is going on when he plays in green.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...juke around in the back, then boot the ball out far to a winger up field.
He did that several times during the match, I bet many coaches are watching and will be instructing on how to defend.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

I noticed that many times Simon over hits his passes ..maybe someone should anticipate and position far post to receive
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

when you are the new captain, your confidence level will boost up 100%. the guy was tiki takaing allover yesterday and he was a rock... the thing shock me oo, and i have yabbed him since the CAR game....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: good point
donadoni wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:03 pm I noticed that many times Simon over hits his passes ..maybe someone should anticipate and position far post to receive
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:25 pm

when you are the new captain, your confidence level will boost up 100%. the guy was tiki takaing allover yesterday and he was a rock... the thing shock me oo, and i have yabbed him since the CAR game....
:clap: :clap: :clap: For real

Wha choo looking at?!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

We don't talk about the good stuff when we do not like the players or think the play sucks. Many here were waiting for Ekong to make a mistake so they can go in on him so they didn't pay attention to all the good stuff he was doing on the green grass yesterday. With our people it is what it is so we move...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

I was a major critique of Ekong. Today he proved me wrong, or the coach listened to my advice and corrected his foibles. He impressed me with his defending this time around. Well done Mr. Ekong.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

He played well.

Glad to see him play well.

Sports especially football is about confidence.

Dude was assured with his short and long passes. And he did his primary job efficiently. There was one interception he did towards the end of the game that led to fastbreak we had... it was a thing of beaut!

I hope to see him grow in confidence.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!