I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by iworo »

AFCON 2021: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Super Eagles interim coach, Austin Eguavoen, has said he will remain the boss ahead of the new permanent handler of the team, Jose Peseiro.

Peseiro will take over from Eguavoen after the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.

The Portuguese was appointed as Gernot Rohr’s successor just before the tournament kicked off.

Although Eguavoen will be in charge of the Nigerian team, Peseiro is expected to watch as an observer.

Eguavoen has now made it clear he will remain his boss during and after the AFCON.

“I can say, I’m the boss of the new coach and we have been talking,” Eguavoen said at his press conference ahead of the game.

“Collaboration is good. Anything we are doing here, it’s important we build a team for him to continue when he takes over and add his own style.” he said.

https://www.withinnigeria.com/news/2022 ... -eguavoen/
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by Tbite »

Well he is the technical director.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
You are wrong here. Egu is actually his boss and can recommend his sack at anytime
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

GIVE THE JOB TO EGUAVOEN ON A PERMANENT BASIS!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Even if he wasn’t his boss before, he’s his boss now. Egu just needs to hold this team together, continue to play the brand of football we showed against Egypt, and he’ll be the People’s Boss for as long as wants to be.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You wish the boss didnt say he is the boss, when everyone knows he is the boss? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, the Technical Director is FACTUALLY the boss of the coach. This is not even up for discussion, its a fact. And as he said, his subordinate is already speaking with him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

doctorollie wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 am GIVE THE JOB TO EGUAVOEN ON A PERMANENT BASIS!
The guy literally just told you that he is NOT interested in a demotion. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

According to Melvin Amaju Pinnick, NFF President:
Whether Eguavoen wins this AFCON or not, Peseiro takes over.
Eguavoen is the NFF Technical Director and returns to his post after AFCON.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

doctorollie wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 am GIVE THE JOB TO EGUAVOEN ON A PERMANENT BASIS!
That's what I said long ago, not because of our defeating Egypt, but because I think he can do the job successfully
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

waka-man wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:03 am Even if he wasn’t his boss before, he’s his boss now. Egu just needs to hold this team together, continue to play the brand of football we showed against Egypt, and he’ll be the People’s Boss for as long as wants to be.
Sure, provided he is getting results, in addition to playing the brand of football like we did yesterday against Egypt. As we all know, 'brand of football' alone is not enough
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Goldleaf wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:15 am

According to Melvin Amaju Pinnick, NFF President:
Whether Eguavoen wins this AFCON or not, Peseiro takes over.
Eguavoen is the NFF Technical Director and returns to his post after AFCON.
The real boss is telling you who the boss is
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:48 am

You wish the boss didnt say he is the boss, when everyone knows he is the boss? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, the Technical Director is FACTUALLY the boss of the coach. This is not even up for discussion, its a fact. And as he said, his subordinate is already speaking with him.
...was he (Egu) part of hiring the new guy?
A technical director may be the boss of a coach but not so in a Nigeria setting.
Na the person wey control the money be the boss.
Our way of doing things is legendarily crude aka backwards.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:40 pm

A technical director may be the boss of a coach but not so in a Nigeria setting.
So, who controls the money in this case... Nigerian expert based in Arizona where the person with the money is not the boss :taunt:

Take it or leave it, Egu is the boss.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:04 pm

So, who controls the money in this case... Nigerian expert based in Arizona where the person with the money is not the boss :taunt:

...no qualms. On paper Egu is the boss, when it comes to hiring, firing and paying we no sey na oga Picknic aka Arsenal thug at the top :lol:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 pm

...no qualms. On paper Egu is the boss, when it comes to hiring, firing and paying we no sey na oga Picknic aka Arsenal thug at the top :lol:
Well, Egu never said he is Picknic's boss - read the thread topic again :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:14 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you should know that mcal is on auto pilot, never reads nada, just auto pilot anything to yab naija...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

I know exactly what you mean.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:49 am
The guy literally just told you that he is NOT interested in a demotion. :oops:
Where did he exactly say this? 🙄🙄🙄
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I didn't like that comment either. Is the Technical Director really the coach's boss? Asking cause I don't know. I thought they were just separate positions with different duties.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

olu wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 pm I didn't like that comment either. Is the Technical Director really the coach's boss? Asking cause I don't know. I thought they were just separate positions with different duties.
...you dey mind Nigerians.
For our people, as long as you have a desk and an office shuffling papers, you be oga patapata.
Plus official car with a driver to boot :lol: :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:14 pm

...na you dey misunderstand my writing. I never said Egu over Picknic.
The comments and argument is Egu asserting he is boss over the incoming coach 'Pistasio' or whatever his name is.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:20 pm
olu wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 pm I didn't like that comment either. Is the Technical Director really the coach's boss? Asking cause I don't know. I thought they were just separate positions with different duties.
...you dey mind Nigerians.
For our people, as long as you have a desk and an office shuffling papers, you be oga patapata.
Plus official car with a driver to boot :lol: :lol:
What are you guys going on about? The Technical Adviser (aka Peseiro) and his staff answer to the Technical Director. So he is his boss, doesn't mean he can lord over him or anything, but the coach does answer to him and the TD answers to his higher ups.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!