AFCON 2022 - THE MOST balanced AFCON ever

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
visieC
Egg
Egg
AFCON 2022 - THE MOST balanced AFCON ever

Post by visieC »

Gentlemen:

1. So far no team has won with a goal difference of more than one goal.

2. There are truly no minors anymore because teams are leaning football is a team sport not a collective of individuals entertaining the fans.

3. Notice neither Cameroon, Nigeria or even Ivory Coast is listed among the favs

4. There is no longer cheating with the introduction of VAR...no more refs cheating.

5. If Algeria cannot beat Sierra Leone and they say it's the weather.. laughable...the majority of players in this AFCON except for say Sudan, Ethiopia play in Africa. this argument is not compelling.

6. The knock out stages will be fun.

7. My prediction is that Ivory Coast will win the cup. p.s. I am from Cam not Ivorian...so unbiased.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON 2022 - THE MOST balanced AFCON ever

Post by vancity eagle »

I think either Ivory Coast or Nigeria will win it.

You heard it here.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The skill gap between the top 5 teams in Africa and the so called minnow teams is very small, even teams like Comoros are competing very well.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

visieC wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:34 pm Gentlemen:

2. There are truly no minors anymore because teams are leaning football is a team sport not a collective of individuals entertaining the fans.

3. Notice neither Cameroon, Nigeria or even Ivory Coast is listed among the favs

4. There is no longer cheating with the introduction of VAR...no more refs cheating.

5. If Algeria cannot beat Sierra Leone and they say it's the weather.. laughable...the majority of players in this AFCON except for say Sudan, Ethiopia play in Africa. this argument is not compelling.

7. My prediction is that Ivory Coast will win the cup. p.s. I am from Cam not Ivorian...so unbiased.
No cheating???? What do you call what the ref did in today match blowing full time on the 84 min and after protests played a further 4mins still short of 90minutes
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:38 pm

No cheating???? What do you call what the ref did in today match blowing full time on the 84 min and after protests played a further 4mins still short of 90minutes
That wasn"t cheating, na robbery be dat.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Was that cheating or just pure incompetence?
I didn’t see the match so it’s a genuine question.
Did one side gain an advantage by the decision?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:42 pm I think either Ivory Coast or Nigeria will win it.

You heard it here.
They haven't even played a game yet. What"s your obsession with CIV? You get too high with names on paper dude. calm down.
OCCUPY NFF!!
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:45 pm

incompetence
like someone mentioned earlier, they had a water break so maybe he forgot to stop his watch
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

sheer incompetence from the referee.
It was not malicious but unfortunately it hurt Tunisia.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

You meant 2021 AFCON? :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

It wasn't cheating for sure. It was massive incompetence on the part of the referee
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

VisieC long time my man.Happy Decade.
I think Burkinafaso will win this cup though. I could be wrong. I am not fooled by the Cameruin result.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I think it had more to do with incompetence. In the sense that the ref forgot to pause his watch during VARs and water breaks, injuries etc.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oboy this AFCON hard ooo, seems most of the teams so far are very disciplined defensively after match day 1
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Got to be the toughest afcon so far, even the so called minnows have looked defensively solid and compact so far, Equatorial Guinea just matched Ivory Coast in all departments of the game and would feel hard done by the 1 nil loss.
visieC
Egg
Egg
Re: AFCON 2021 - THE MOST balanced AFCON ever

Post by visieC »

Bamenda Boy...Happy new year...long long time.

I am really impressed how these African teams have evolved.
The defense has been solid.
It takes sheer genius or free kick, corner or penalty to score... no easy goals.
The CIV goal was the best.
Ihanaecho's goal was a beauty too.

I still think CIV will take it.

Cameroon won all its 5 trophies away from home.
Cameroon will likely not win this one even with home advantage

Nigeria has a chance but I will not put my money there
I would bet CIV or Morocco
Morocco is a very very good team..
I fear CIV and Morrocco
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Did one side gain an advantage by the referee ending the game early? Seriously bro?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:20 am

Did one side gain an advantage by the referee ending the game early? Seriously bro?
Seriously bro……did you not see me state I didn’t watch the match - not that I even know which match it was.
And I still don’t know the score either.
So I take it it wasn’t a draw, right?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Damunk:

Mali won 1-0
However, I think Tunisia was cheated in a way because, Mali was playing a man down from the 84 th minute or so. Had there been 5 additional minutes, who knows what would have happened?
The fans also got cheated because the game would have been really interesting.

I hope that ref is banned for the rest of the tournament and he should go get FIFA refresher training

The games have really been exciting.
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:07 pm The skill gap between the top 5 teams in Africa and the so called minnow teams is very small, even teams like Comoros are competing very well.
Totally agree.
20 years ago, one could comfortably predict results.
Now, not so easy.
I actually expected Egypt to beat Nigeria...I was sooooo wrong.
Not only did Naija dominate, Egypt was nonexistent.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Wasn't 2002 very defensive minded? It's only the first round of games anyway we'll see.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

visieC wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:00 am Bamenda Boy...Happy new year...long long time.

It takes sheer genius or free kick, corner or penalty to score... no easy goals.

I fear CIV and Morrocco
Did you see Morocco's last game?
i had high hopes in them until I watched the game.
They might get better and even win it but based on their green grass display, they are not a good team.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:12 am
visieC wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:00 am Bamenda Boy...Happy new year...long long time.

I fear CIV and Morrocco
Did you see Morocco's last game?
i had high hopes in them until I watched the game.
They might get better and even win it but based on their green grass display, they are not a good team.

They may improve.
They really play as a team and they have the quality.
Let;s see how the tournament progresses.