CAF NEEDS RETHINK EMPTY STADIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAF NEEDS RETHINK EMPTY STADIA

Post by jette1 »

Adopting the Last European championships concept of one game, one country could provide lasting solution to these empty stadiums we have come to live with. Imagine if each game is played in different countries all the way down to Namibia. Even Swaziland could host a game and there would be no empty stadium anymore. The final could then be awarded to what we currently call the host nation.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF NEEDS RETHINK EMPTY STADIA

Post by Dammy »

jette1 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:40 pm Adopting the Last European championships concept of one game, one country could provide lasting solution to these empty stadiums we have come to live with. Imagine if each game is played in different countries all the way down to Namibia. Even Swaziland could host a game and there would be no empty stadium anymore. The final could then be awarded to what we currently call the host nation.
I agree with you, we should copy Euro 2020 and play the matches across Africa. That would eliminate empty stadiums on the continent. CAF must think outside the box, It would even be cheaper for host countries.
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the problem is Africa is not inter-connected like Europe by road.
It is easy for Europeans to travel by road to match venue from country to country, why Africans must fly.
So question is how many can afford to fly, lodge in a hotel, and pay probably huge gate fee?
We still got problem on the continent.
Europeans can sleep in their automobile, wash up at the stadium, eat at a mama-put, or make their own food.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

mcal wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:45 pm ...the problem is Africa is not inter-connected like Europe by road.
It is easy for Europeans to travel by road to match venue from country to country, why Africans must fly.
So question is how many can afford to fly, lodge in a hotel, and pay probably huge gate fee?
Europeans can sleep in their automobile, wash up at the stadium, eat at a mama-put, or make their own food.
Kpom Kwem! In 2018, we drove from Poland to Russia. Imagine us driving from Namibia to South Africa...Omo Africa is definitely not Europe :atc:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mcal wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:45 pm ...the problem is Africa is not inter-connected like Europe by road.
That's exactly why CAF needs to do a rethink. There would be no need to travel by fans and the stadiums will be filled up.
I am happy
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

jette1 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:40 pm Adopting the Last European championships concept of one game, one country could provide lasting solution to these empty stadiums we have come to live with. Imagine if each game is played in different countries all the way down to Namibia. Even Swaziland could host a game and there would be no empty stadium anymore. The final could then be awarded to what we currently call the host nation.
Logistically, that would be a total disaster. It was even a huge burden in the Euros so much so that the UEFA President declared it will never happen again. We are supposed to learn from other's mistakes not embrace it.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:29 pm
That's exactly why CAF needs to do a rethink. There would be no need to travel by fans and the stadiums will be filled up.
...still will be hard for say, in a Nigeria v Kenya match being played Abuja, will have a lot Nigeria fans but not Kenyans due to travel distance/difficulties. Likewise, a Kenya v Nigeria match in Abuja will see similar opposite attendance.
May be low gate fee will enable fans attend.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Abroad Africans and their bright ITK ideas! The same people that scoured the earth to find the free links they are watching the games on want the games scattered over Africa so fans who are unable to buy the game tickets can then buy a plane ticket, book a hotel, pay for food for a week or however long they will stay in the city, then buy the same game tickets they couldn't afford in the first place.

What CAF needs to do is block all free access to the games like UEFA do for the Euro games so all the abroad Africans will pay their fair share so CAF can afford to give out free and discounted tickets at the stadiums.
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Key issues are affordability and VISA requirements
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Players are important. You cannot fly them in and out everyday country in Africa to play a match within 2 weeks tournament. It would be too stressful for them.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Isn't the cause of the empty stadiums due to the requirement that people be fully vaccinated and present a negative test to attend the games? Cameroun reportedly has a 2% vaccination rate across the whole country. They are also limiting stadium capacity to 60% for most games. This is not even accounting for the affordability of the tickets.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:54 pm Abroad Africans and their bright ITK ideas! The same people that scoured the earth to find the free links they are watching the games on want the games scattered over Africa so fans who are unable to buy the game tickets can then buy a plane ticket, book a hotel, pay for food for a week or however long they will stay in the city, then buy the same game tickets they couldn't afford in the first place.

What CAF needs to do is block all free access to the games like UEFA do for the Euro games so all the abroad Africans will pay their fair share so CAF can afford to give out free and discounted tickets at the stadiums.
Replies opposing the thread idea are disgraceful and shows gross misunderstanding and imagination deprivation but none is even more horrendous than the one I’m directly replying to. This December I traveled 7 African nations by road before flying back to the states. And they weren’t even west African countries which have been well connected by road even before the African super highway was initiated. It has always been a dream of mine to do this. I guess that debunks idiotic talks of unconnected Africa. Nigeria actually lags behind finishing its part of the almost done Africa super highway so not surprising hearing our misinformed village chiefs hear stick stuck in the 70s idea of Africa. I still remember when Col ghadafi traveled by road from Tripoli all the to Zimbabwe to visit the late African hero - Robert mugabe.
Moreover the one country, one game concept means no one needs to travel unless they so desire. Locals would fill up the stadia. Game venues would be randomly designated irrespective of what nations are playing hence taking away home crowd advantages. As it is the alternative remains better than what we currently have. Yes our CE key Board Heroes would come here are feed you with nonsense.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: :rotf:

Aren't you watching the games on Hesgoal? :rotf:

But let's look at your idiotic suggestion on face value. How will hosting the matches in different countries ensure full stadia?

jette1 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:40 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:54 pm Abroad Africans and their bright ITK ideas! The same people that scoured the earth to find the free links they are watching the games on want the games scattered over Africa so fans who are unable to buy the game tickets can then buy a plane ticket, book a hotel, pay for food for a week or however long they will stay in the city, then buy the same game tickets they couldn't afford in the first place.

Replies opposing the thread idea are disgraceful and shows gross misunderstanding and imagination deprivation but none is even more horrendous than the one I’m directly replying to. This December I traveled 7 African nations by road before flying back to the states. And they weren’t even west African countries which have been well connected by road even before the African super highway was initiated. It has always been a dream of mine to do this. I guess that debunks idiotic talks of unconnected Africa. Nigeria actually lags behind finishing its part of the almost done Africa super highway so not surprising hearing our misinformed village chiefs hear stick stuck in the 70s idea of Africa. I still remember when Col ghadafi traveled by road from Tripoli all the to Zimbabwe to visit the late African hero - Robert mugabe.
Moreover the one country, one game concept means no one needs to travel unless they so desire. Locals would fill up the stadia. Game venues would be randomly designated irrespective of what nations are playing hence taking away home crowd advantages. As it is the alternative remains better than what we currently have. Yes our CE key Board Heroes would come here are feed you with nonsense.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Adisboy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:53 pm
Logistically, that would be a total disaster. It was even a huge burden in the Euros so much so that the UEFA President declared it will never happen again. We are supposed to learn from other's mistakes not embrace it.
Exactly....It hits the teams more just think if you final group game is in Egypt and the next round is in South Africa in 4 days? travelling across the Equator will also present its own problems....Europe is all in the tropic of Cancer whereas half of Africa is Above the Equator and the other half below it.....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

CAF should make the matches free or heavily discount the ticket prices, if the tickets are not sold out a day before the matches..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Jette1....who is this benefitting the fans or the teams?....the whole point of the competition is to entertain fans but for the teams to win a competition and the financial backing that comes with it...The host nation also makes money from tourism.

the idea of several host countries benefits the fans but not the teams as explained above....and then again, why would i want to host a match? what's the financial benefit to my country.....? yes Covid has thrown the proverbial spanner into the works for travelling fans....but i will like to see the country that will revamp a whole stadium just to host one match....

you will ultimately devalue the competition......

look at the matter from the other side.....Simply not viable, Europe tried it, didn't work....and you want us to follow their mistake?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Schillachi wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:51 pm

What CAF needs to do is block all free access to the games like UEFA do for the Euro games so all the abroad Africans will pay their fair share so CAF can afford to give out free a :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: nd discounted tickets at the stadiums.
Chai.....Onku don vex. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Highway is 80% Completed if not for Nigeria and Congo it would be 100% but Congo’s problem has more to do with challenges pose by the Congo river
https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&s ... er+highway

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:56 pm :rotf: :rotf:

Aren't you watching the games on Hesgoal? :rotf:

But let's look at your idiotic suggestion on face value. How will hosting the matches in different countries ensure full stadia?

I’m pretty certain you see the real angel* each time you face a mirror

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

CAF can’t pull it off,if the stadiums are empty what do they lose if they make the tickets more accessible by making them cheap for locals who are more interested in trying to feed their families?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

KPOM.

In addition, by increasing hosting venues, CAF can actually increase the number of teams participating in an AFCON finals. I think not only CAF but that is the way these mega events are headed as it will save costs for everyone while also widening access to the finals.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...more over half of Africa are still engulf in armed conflicts. Driving and trying to cross international borders can be dangerous, even borders of non-conflict states can be difficult due to bribery, example, certain Nigeria port of entries.