I Watched the game again thread

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:37 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:34 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 am You both are losing the plot, if Kelechi could control the ball properly we would have scored at least 3 goals. Talk less of if Ejuke was less selfish and learned to pass. Yes we were great defensively, but we also created chances and lots of dangerous opportunities. The more we progress the better both our defense and attack should get, but this was definitely a good display on both sides of the ball.
Kpom
I haven't even mentioned Taiwo's point blank header he should have put away that was saved onto the crossbar, Kelechis wayward shot after put in on a smart/fast FK, I don't know what the agenda is here, but we will soon find out...
What, are you kidding me? With vancity, there is no agenda, just mindless bad-belle. If Keshi had started Sadiq and Ejuke and we lost the game, vancity would probably have given Eguavoen a pass; for fielding his favorite players🤣🤣🤣❗️

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:47 am
2022:

2013:

It is similar to the Chukwueze-Osimhen partnership but maybe even stronger. :idea:
...the kids of just yesterday don grow o, na im be say person don old oo! :clap: :clap:
But wetin happen to goalie of dem time, Dele Alampasu. He was so marginalized, never given chance to grow too at SE.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

What will help Nigeria is that when one player underperforms, another will perform.

Chukwueze operated at 15% of his current potential in the game.
Nacho operated at 40% of his current potential in the game.
Simon operated at 80% of his current potential.
Awoniyi operated at 45% of his current potential.
Aina operated at 99% of his current potential.
Ejuke operated at 70% of his current potential.

This does not mean that Awoniyi did better than Nacho, just Nacho is that good, that even at 40% he scores a beauty.

If we can get Chukwueze to just 50% of his current potential, then even if Simon drops off or doesn't deliver the best crosses, we should be fine. Aina may drop off. Awoniyi should be able to improve a bit on his fulfilment, as should Nacho. Why Ejuke is so high? Well no end product is unfortunately his current potential. His dribbling though was not at a 100% He can beat his man even better than he did.

You can see that based on my estimation, most of our attacking players were not even at their best. I need to see more of Aribo to comment, I need to rewatch to comment on Zaidu.
Last edited by Tbite on Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:33 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:18 am The ****bots are still lurking
Two diehard ****bots.

Simon final crosses should've been better but his constant and consistent threat meant that the FB needed help both from his CD and the winger/midfielder Trezeguet.

Emir, I understand will take some time to deprogramme and reprogramme. Vancity, is plain irredeemable. He is our version of Pinnick.

Did u actually read what he wrote?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Oh oh.. looks like somebody is chomping for a fight. Running to the kitchen to prepare pop corn 😊
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

… oya..txj vs cellular round 998. Let the punches fly 😄
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Our teams usually get better as such tournaments progress - and I think Egu will observe and make corrections as needed
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

On our part, that match was a masterclass.

In that first half alone, the numerous pinpoint cross field pass (again and again) from Troost Ekong to Moses Simon who was always open (on the left wing) when the Egyptian back 4 squeezed in tight was straight from the training ground. How we also sometimes had up to 4 or 5 players in the Egyptian box 18 was brilliant. Eguavoen deserves a lot of credit.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Goldleaf wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:44 pm On our part, that match was a masterclass.
Eguavoen deserves a lot of credit.
YES he does.

Have ever we seen such a quick turnaround in SE fortunes ?

Honestly I am still shocked.

Tbh I liked his 2006 team, that was Mikel's first tournament. We did well. That might have been CIV at their very peak that we lost to. No shame at all. We beat Senegal twice at that tournament too.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:47 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:12 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:41 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:37 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:34 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 am You both are losing the plot, if Kelechi could control the ball properly we would have scored at least 3 goals. Talk less of if Ejuke was less selfish and learned to pass. Yes we were great defensively, but we also created chances and lots of dangerous opportunities. The more we progress the better both our defense and attack should get, but this was definitely a good display on both sides of the ball.
Kpom
I haven't even mentioned Taiwo's point blank header he should have put away that was saved onto the crossbar, Kelechis wayward shot after put in on a smart/fast FK, I don't know what the agenda is here, but we will soon find out...
There is no agenda with Kongi, e no too sabi ball. :|

The Egyptian goalie made at least 5 point blank saves, yet baba talk say we would not have scored if we played another 45 mins.
Saves made by the goalie cannot be counted as potential goals if the attacking player had done something different. It denies the goalie and defense credit. Football match winners are not awarded by judges. If it crosses the goal line, it's a goal. Otherwise nothing of material difference happened.

We played an excellent defensive game, the best I've ever seen us play The good news is that defensive efforts are easier to replicate. If we play with similar defensive intensity we can still win Afcon with a suspect attack but it's a first rd exit at the WC. Better news is that we have Osihmen and Dennis waiting. I do expect the attack to improve though.
I believe it will.
Opponents might underestimate the threat of Awoniyi at their peril, but we shouldn’t do the same by writing him off prematurely.
He might turn out to be just as good as Osimhen. There is no reason to believe otherwise.

In fact, Awoniyi might ultimately turn out to be the savior of Nacho because I definitely saw hints of their extremely successful partnership from their U17 days.
There was that through ball from Nacho to Awoniyi which was just a little too heavy allowing the keeper to anticipate it just in time. That move was an exact replica of an U17 move we saw them successfully execute countless times back in 2013.
Another similar interchange between them resulted in Awoniyi trying to curl the ball round the keeper who fortunately saved it.
The reverse occurred when Awoniyi fed Nacho who lost possession.

Dunno about you, but already I could sense an innate understanding between the two which I am sure Egu is hoping to develop further. If we have forgotten how good they were together, they certainly remember well-well! :D

2022:

2013:

It is similar to the Chukwueze-Osimhen partnership but maybe even stronger. :idea:
Only if we had Osimhen fit. OSimhen - Nacho strike force go be fire for this tournament.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

abeg where una dey rewash the match ? na drive through car wash ?
make una share abeg ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

JB-less behaviour.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:29 am I just sat down quietly and watched the full game again without any stress or shaking whatsoever. It's amazing how you can have 2 different observations on the same game by simply altering your expectations and state of mind.

Folks, what I saw after watching the game over again was an absolute defensive masterclass by the SE. Egypt was beaten tactically , they had no time and space on the ball. The defensive plan was simply outstanding, the best defense I've ever seen SE play. For all the praise of Simon I really didn't see much that he did other than work hard, very little to show for it. The defense, and mf were the stars of the game.

However, if we face a team that doesn't have a Salah and is defensively sound, we could be in for a long day. Why? Folks. The attack that I just watched could've played another's 45mins and still not score. Major issues remain in the final 3rd. Egypt actually played well defensively but we didn’t really have enough to break then down. Still, great effort by the boys but DO NOT TAKE SUDAN LIGHTLY. They're built for teams like SE
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:46 pm
Only if we had Osimhen fit. OSimhen - Nacho strike force go be fire for this tournament.
It still has to grow and they’ve been paired up before.
My point is that these two guys below have grown together and there might be something there that might develop further into a deadly unrivalled partnership.
Their 2+2 might equal 6, who knows? We can only wait and see. They are all still learning and who knows who’s peak will be highest?

2022:

2013:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:21 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:29 am For all the praise of Simon I really didn't see much that he did other than work hard, very little to show for it. The defense, and mf were the stars of the game.

The attack that I just watched could've played another's 45mins and still not score.
please stop.

You MUST praise the aimless dribbles of Moses Simon. He WAS our man of the match. If you disagree you are a hater.

What does it matter if he had NOTHING to show for all of his dribbles. We were entertained by circus acts, stop telling the truth please.

YOu really mean we could have played another 45 minutes AND NOT SCORED. Come on we have Moses Simon out there, he had ZERO key passes all match, look how productive he has been over the past 2 years, wait.....

ZERO GOALS
ZERO ASSISTS

Come on guy you didn't possibly watch the match cool headed and come to the conclusions you came to. How can you possibly agree with Vancity Eagle THE HATER. :boo:
Seems you are a moron. At least 9 other SE players did not have assists or goals, does that mean they all had a poor game? Stop running out butt naked in the public square, my friend
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

a moron and a traitor, what do you expect?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Moses' cross led to the goal. Aribo did not dribble from the back to chest the ball to Nacho. Remove your blinders when you watch the game again.
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:21 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:29 am For all the praise of Simon I really didn't see much that he did other than work hard, very little to show for it. The defense, and mf were the stars of the game.

The attack that I just watched could've played another's 45mins and still not score.
please stop.

You MUST praise the aimless dribbles of Moses Simon. He WAS our man of the match. If you disagree you are a hater.

What does it matter if he had NOTHING to show for all of his dribbles. We were entertained by circus acts, stop telling the truth please.

YOu really mean we could have played another 45 minutes AND NOT SCORED. Come on we have Moses Simon out there, he had ZERO key passes all match, look how productive he has been over the past 2 years, wait.....

ZERO GOALS
ZERO ASSISTS

Come on guy you didn't possibly watch the match cool headed and come to the conclusions you came to. How can you possibly agree with Vancity Eagle THE HATER. :boo:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.