Word of Caution on Eguavoen and SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Word of Caution on Eguavoen and SE

Post by Enyi »

It was a beautiful game yesterday. We managed an inept Egyptian team and made the best player in the world look totally useless.

I do hope that the team does not think that this African cup of Nations is that easy. I am sure that the coach a previous winner will be drumming this into them today.

The back 4 looked good, in the absence of a Awaziem ( Covid), Omeruo took his chance…..

I think that the Egyptian midfield made it look easy for Joe Aribo and Kelechi…..I think that against a better opponent, it can be exposed. I still believe that we need another workhorse beside Ndidi and then we can unshackle Aribo as the primary creator….

Aribo can do what Mount does of Chelsea, if not better….

That will bring into question the striking position, cos Iheanacho has shown that he is here to stay….can Kelechi play a false 9? Or do we need a non-prolific striker like Lacazette and let the wingers and Runners do the scoring…..?

What of Moses? He lacked an end product yesterday but he truly did path the Red Sea yesterday….

Chukwueze….looked like a guy not filled with confidence but there is no reason for that to be the case….

All in All….. :clap: :clap: to the coaching team and esp. Eguavoen that seems to have gelled the whole coaching team….even Yobo looked like he belonged there and that was great to see…..

I do hope that Egu continues to have faith in himself and I am sure that he picked up in all these things including Ejuke….playing for just Ejuke

I wish him and the team the best of luck…..

Ps. My wife woke up today with the best smile ever post SE match and there is nothing like it….

Back to watching Iceland v Uganda……great game :curse: :curse:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Word of Caution on Eguavoen and SE

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chukwueze did not have a bad a game, he was the less busy of the 2 wingers by design. They did a great job wrecking havoc on the keftbside to keep Salah honest ,Chukwueze actually put in a good defensive shift.

We don't need a work horse next to Ndidi. Our system requires that wingers do the bulk of the creative work since we don't have a true Playmaker, a role that's actually becoming extinct in modern football. They're too easy to stop. Let the better team stop us then we'll adjust.

The Egyptian MF did not make it easy, the SE simply imposed their will and it was too much. When you start messing with a false 9 you give up power and pace. Awoniyi did a fine job.

The better strategy is to make what we know we can do well even better. That's what the best teams do, they beat you at their game. Do u think France, Germany or Argentina would Care about our formation when we play them? No! Thay play to their strengths.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:01 pm Chukwueze did not have a bad a game, he was the less busy of the 2 wingers by design. They did a great job wrecking havoc on the keftbside to keep Salah honest ,Chukwueze actually put in a good defensive shift.

We don't need a work horse next to Ndidi. Our system requires that wingers do the bulk of the creative work since we don't have a true Playmaker, a role that's actually becoming extinct in modern football. They're too easy to stop. Let the better team stop us then we'll adjust.

The Egyptian MF did not make it easy, the SE simply imposed their will and it was too much. When you start messing with a false 9 you give up power and pace. Awoniyi did a fine job.

The better strategy is to make what we know we can do well even better. That's what the best teams do, they beat you at their game. Do u think France, Germany or Argentina would Care about our formation when we play them? No! Thay play to their strengths.
God bless you baba especially on the last point.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

After his recall Oga Egu talked the talk and his players transferred it to the pitch yesterday for all to see
In the interview after the game he said all the teams in this Afcon are not here to sell groundnuts and he is going to take it 1 game at a time so he is doing his homework on each team and am sure gonna adjust accordingly
One thing about Egu is that he is not afraid to try young talent, he did this in 2006 and he is doing it now
am loving the SIT quality he's talking about
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:01 pm Chukwueze did not have a bad a game, he was the less busy of the 2 wingers by design. They did a great job wrecking havoc on the keftbside to keep Salah honest ,Chukwueze actually put in a good defensive shift.

Very true of the highlighted.

Rewatch the game and it will confirm your points about it being by design. Dude was literally playing centrally to add more bodies in the central midfield.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Cellular wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:24 pm

Very true of the highlighted.

Rewatch the game and it will confirm your points about it being by design. Dude was literally playing centrally to add more bodies in the central midfield.
I think it happened by chance cos Egu wasn’t or didn’t look that impressed in the post match interview.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

I think that if Aribo was stopped yesterday….it would be a different story and the fact that Egypt were inept upfront….

Assuming that poor header out from Simon’s cross didn’t happen and the ref gave the penalty….that wasn’t…we will be singing a different tune.

We outplayed Egypt but our end product wasn’t there because “what we do best” wing play was ineffective.

Rewatching the game…..Aina was excellent but Chukwueze and Simon were poor in terms of end product but Simon did terrorise the RB….

The issue here is what exactly Awoniyi brings to the table cos I didn’t see strength and pace from him….if we had Victor Maybe….

Maybe I am overthinking this but I was really impressed yesterday cos I was thinking that with all the choas and Covid….we would stumble but naaa….we dominated…I hope it was because we are great rather than Egypt being poor

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Enyi wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:34 pm

I think that if Aribo was stopped yesterday….it would be a different story and the fact that Egypt were inept upfront….

Assuming that poor header out from Simon’s cross didn’t happen and the ref gave the penalty….that wasn’t…we will be singing a different tune.

We outplayed Egypt but our end product wasn’t there because “what we do best” wing play was ineffective.

Rewatching the game…..Aina was excellent but Chukwueze and Simon were poor in terms of end product but Simon did terrorise the RB….

The issue here is what exactly Awoniyi brings to the table cos I didn’t see strength and pace from him….if we had Victor Maybe….

Maybe I am overthinking this but I was really impressed yesterday cos I was thinking that with all the choas and Covid….we would stumble but naaa….we dominated…I hope it was because we are great rather than Egypt being poor
The two bolded and underlined parts are related. Awoniyi would have had at least 2 goals yesterday with better final balls from Simon.

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:51 pm
Enyi wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:34 pm

The two bolded and underlined parts are related. Awoniyi would have had at least 2 goals yesterday with better final balls from Simon.
We must always be aware of the fact that defenders and opponent defensive strategies effects the offensive performance of a striker. We outplayed Egypt but they also played decent defense. There's an assumption that if the service is perfect the striker will or should score. No! Defenses stop great offenses all the time. The best chance score is to create more scoring opportunities.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

The writer of this thread said . "We stopped an inept team of Egypt with their world class player"

I am so sorry for you Nigerians. So if Egypt beat us silly. Then they are not inept team. The eagles are just bad. Only God can clean us as humans. kai....

Inept : having no skill or talent. according to english dictionary. I forgive you as english is not ya mother tongue. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Agbako wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:50 pm The writer of this thread said . "We stopped an inept team of Egypt with their world class player"

I am so sorry for you Nigerians. So if Egypt beat us silly. Then they are not inept team. The eagles are just bad. Only God can clean us as humans. kai....

Inept : having no skill or talent. according to english dictionary. I forgive you as english is not ya mother tongue. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Actually English is my ONLY tongue/ Language......

Egypt were inept, just like we looked under Rohr.... In fact a fan, said as much to their manager in a heated exchange after the game....A team with the talent they have should not be out played the way they were out played....

That does not take away from the SE, not at all..

I (and am sure most of the world) expected a clash of TWO heavyweights but one team came out like a limp d#$%...

SE were great but Egypt were INEPT

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Enyi wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:56 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:50 pm The writer of this thread said . "We stopped an inept team of Egypt with their world class player"

Egypt were inept, just like we looked under Rohr.... In fact a fan, said as much to their manager in a heated exchange after the game....A team with the talent they have should not be out played the way they were out played....

I (and am sure most of the world) expected a clash of TWO heavyweights but one team came out like a limp d#$%...

VERY SAD that many BLACKS have been so Brainwashed mostly beyond Redemption.
Many attribute our victory to our opponents ineptness.
Not to the fact say we have a Super talented National Team and Coaching strategy that completely overwhelmed our opponents and decimated any tactics they had,
THIS SELF HATRED must STOP

Has Salah scored and they beat us would they then be inept ??????????
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

blueangel wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:08 pm

Not to the fact say we have a Super talented National Team and Coaching strategy that completely overwhelmed our opponents and decimated any tactics they had,

:thumb: :thumbs:
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Sorry dear…but once again, I am not Black but I still support SE…no need for the racial undertone….

When a team with the talent of Ighalo, Mikel and co lost to Madagascar what was that about….their super talented squad!!!! Or Rohr’s ineptness?

When Keshi and SE beat CIV….that was a clash of titans and the best team won….

That’s what i thought I will see against Egypt….not a one sided match…..YES SE were brilliant but Egypt were poor…

Bro…..not everything has to do with Race….and not everyone that supports SE of any African team are BLACK…

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:31 am

Sorry dear…but once again, I am not Black but I still support SE…no need for the racial undertone….

When a team with the talent of Ighalo, Mikel and co lost to Madagascar what was that about….their super talented squad!!!! Or Rohr’s ineptness?

That’s what i thought I will see against Egypt….not a one sided match…..YES SE were brilliant but Egypt were poor…

Bro…..not everything has to do with Race….and not everyone that supports SE of any African team are BLACK…

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I’m happy you highlighted this.
I generally ignore so much of the racial gas lighting here.
But kudos to you my man :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:18 pm

Its quite pathetic.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:24 pm

Its quite pathetic.
Chief, being of mixed race origins I try my best to show restraint and respect for all races but some of the stuff I read here is so cringe worthy…
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Please, what racial gas lighting in the post by BlueAngel?

That we have not been conditioned to believe even on these very here pages that a Black African, specifically a Naijarian is not good enough to coach the Super Eagles?

Pinnick, the NFF Chairman, is notorious and an unrepentant proponent of hiring foreign WHITE coaches for the Naijarian National Teams.

Now, when someone points out the level people go to discredit a victory based on a tactical masterclass by a coach who many believe is not worthy of the position, he is not gaslighting or whatever euphemism you want to use to describe it.

We are have been having running battles be it with our National team, Professional Football, other sports about the competency of BLACK coaches.

Let us not be contributory factors in denigrating an achievement of a person of color.

We celebrate our own as we should... any small victory that affirms our belief of what we know all along that we are more than capable, will be celebrated.

We won not because Egypt was poor... we won because we made Egypt look ordinary.

Same players... different tactics and strategy coupled with belief.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:34 pm
Chief, being of mixed race origins I try my best to show restraint and respect for all races but some of the stuff I read here is so cringe worthy…
Do you live in America?

Have you been following discussions on the double standards for black coaches in the NFL?

Does that conversations make you uncomfortable?

Should that conversation not be had?

Where do you think the belief that black coaches are not good enough emanate from and are sustained?

Stereotypes are insidious in nature.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:23 pm
Do you live in America?

Have you been following discussions on the double standards for black coaches in the NFL?

Where do you think the belief that black coaches are not good enough emanate from and are sustained?

Chief duly noted.
I come in peace to learn and observe … But you are clearly over reaching and mixing apples with oranges.
Black people in America are victims of systemic racism, Africans have their own country and have the freedom of choice or the option of who they appoint.
Black coaches in pro US teams, which are mostly owned by White owners, ( don’t have that option). so your analogy is wrong.
Africans are decision makers in Africa.
Black people in American pro sports rarely own teams and are not in the majority of front office positions, so your position is one of trying to force a false equivalence with all due respect
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

VERY SAD that many BLACKS have been so Brainwashed mostly beyond Redemption

Who are the many?
Dunno if you know any because
I sure don’t. The Africans or black
People I know have no inferiority complex
and believe they can do just as well or even
better than their counterparts of other races ..
So maybe the author should speak for himself
and those he knows personally ..

Again against my better judgement I’m getting involved here. I love when people are accused of self hatred for having differing opinions.

Folks wanna act like they are “Captain Africa” and accuse others of self hatred but who no one should tell someone how their “blackness” or “African standing” should be defined … Just my opinion and to each his own.

People act like Captain Africa and accuse others because they know they have a peanut gallery that will respond and ready to that. It’s so Trumpian in nature but what do I know … you have the floor, I move on
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:29 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:23 pm
Do you live in America?

Chief duly noted.
I come in peace to learn and observe … But you are clearly over reaching and mixing apples with oranges.
Black people in America are victims of systemic racism, Africans have their own country and have the freedom of choice or the option of who they appoint.
Black coaches in pro US teams, which are mostly owned by White owners, ( don’t have that option). so your analogy is wrong.
Africans are decision makers in Africa.
Black people in American pro sports rarely own teams and are not in the majority of front office positions, so your position is one of trying to force a false equivalence with all due respect
Ahhhhh but is not so my friend.

You have heard of colonial mentality? Right?

Go and present an idea or bid for a contract in the continent... you will be surprised by the mindset of some Africans if you are a person of color making a presentation without bringing along a white technical expert. Some will even advise you to let him be the one that does the presentation and take the questions.

I bring up the US pro teams and the problems/issues with diversity inclusiveness and hiring for a reason. The owners being predominantly white hire white people... and those that hire black people give them a very short leash.

Naijaria is the most populous black country with a history of very accomplished athletes, footballers, and professionals in all aspects of human endeavor. We can't be advocates for black people and not even consider black coaches for employment... or shirk from the responsibility at the earliest signs of failure. We have rocket scientists, nuclear physicists, and neurosurgeons but for some reason, we don't believe that we are capable of being quality coaches?

Eguavoen outthought and outmaneuvered his Egyptian counterpart. It was not because Egypt was poor... HE MADE THEM POOR!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:37 pm
VERY SAD that many BLACKS have been so Brainwashed mostly beyond Redemption

Who are the many?
Dunno if you know any because
I sure don’t. The Africans or black
People I know have no inferiority complex
and believe they can do just as well or even
better than their counterparts of other races ..
So maybe the author should speak for himself
and those he knows personally ..

Again against my better judgement I’m getting involved here. I love when people are accused of self hatred for having differing opinions.

Folks wanna act like they are “Captain Africa” and accuse others of self hatred but who no one should tell someone how their “blackness” or “African standing” should be defined … Just my opinion and to each his own.

People act like Captain Africa and accuse others because they know they have a peanut gallery that will respond and ready to that. It’s so Trumpian in nature but what do I know … you have the floor, I move on
Bros, have you ever asked an African American why they bristle at the phrase, "You People"?

BTW, did you pay attention to the flak Klopp got for his innocuous (tongue in cheek) statement about AFCON being a 'small' statement?

No one is going to respect you unless you demand it.

You might be one of those "get along, be along" kinda guy... some others are not.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...