SE V Sudan - Any changes?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE V Sudan - Any changes?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Always want to stick with a winning team so I don't think Eguavoen will be making any changes to the lineup. Sudan will likely park a double Decker bus in front of their goal and look to counter, a strategy that has worked well against us in recent times.

My fear is that Sudan will shut down the wings and force us to go down the middle where we're not as creative and look to force turnovers.This will slow down the game and turn it into a grind.

How would u approach this game tactically?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: SE V Sudan - Any changes?

Post by Ugbowo »

Barring any injury, the same starting line up should be used. I assume Zaidu will get the license to bomb forward this game as Aina did last game. Kelechi may not have that much space either so his touches will have to be crispier.

An early goal for us will really loosen things up, otherwise we can be in for a long long ride. I will be watching the Sudan Guinea Bissau replay tonight.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Chukwueze is one of my favorite players but he didn’t apply his normal level of dribbling and havoc against Egypt - could be playing to instruction?

Anyway I would possibly Ejuke for Chukwueze since Sudan might take some unlocking

Possibly a sub for Omeruo if still injured - Ajayi or Awaziem

Otherwise no changes
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I would stick with the same team. I also have concerns about how we will break down a team that sits deep. In addition, I have concerns about whether Iheanacho is best suited to play an "AM" type role. Even though he was very effective against Egypt.

At times look better hitting teams on the counter than when we have possession. Curious to see if we can move the ball quickly when a team parks the bus.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:36 pm Always want to stick with a winning team so I don't think Eguavoen will be making any changes to the lineup. Sudan will likely park a double Decker bus in front of their goal and look to counter, a strategy that has worked well against us in recent times.

My fear is that Sudan will shut down the wings and force us to go down the middle where we're not as creative and look to force turnovers.This will slow down the game and turn it into a grind.

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

We might see Chidera over Samuel but that’s about it.
Any news on Omeruo?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:01 am We might see Chidera over Samuel but that’s about it.
Any news on Omeruo?

He's ok. Practiced with the team today.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:36 pm Always want to stick with a winning team so I don't think Eguavoen will be making any changes to the lineup. Sudan will likely park a double Decker bus in front of their goal and look to counter, a strategy that has worked well against us in recent times.

Precisely and because they are taller on the average they will be looking to win the crosses. Upfront, going by their opening round game you will see them take shots from distance when opportune. I think we can win free kicks and may be a pk. If we do so early, it will open the game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

It'd be good to keep the same Starting XI for the sake of consistency, though I wouldn't mind seeing what Sadiq can do with his first start, i'm sure if he gets the ball in the box he'd at the very least win a penalty or find a way to squeeze the into the net.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:31 am

It'd be good to keep the same Starting XI for the sake of consistency, though I wouldn't mind seeing what Sadiq can do with his first start, i'm sure if he gets the ball in the box he'd at the very least win a penalty or find a way to squeeze the into the net.
Barring injuries, the more likely change in the starting team is Ejuke for Chukwueze.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I suspect Nwakali will start.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Is it possible he might forfeit the big man Awoniyi and play without a big central striker? And play Ejuke up front. Sudan players are very tall and they will park the bus. Unlikely, but possible.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

I will keep the same team...Chukwueze will step up in this game. We need players that can run at them and wear them down and force them to commit fouls in dangerous places.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I would say start the same team for the purpose of consistency and make changes as needed. Win this game and you can ring up changes for the 3rd and final game to see what others can do as we go further in the tournament.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

God knows I’ve been a big fan of Tyrone Ebuehi since early in his career and have long boosted him on these pages, but man, our fullbacks played so well last game, I just don’t see how you start him over them.

On the team, I’d start the same team. Even the guys adjudged not to have been outstanding, I’d start them. You need to give people the space to adapt and gain confidence. No one played bad against Egypt…it’s just that some weren’t as dominating as we expect. So I would start all of them again.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet