I found this! It sheds some light

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
I found this! It sheds some light

Post by highbury »

Due to unwanted slight nervousness while watching the game, you miss the little details which greatly impacts the outcome of the game. Here it is:

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Re: I found this! It sheds some light

Post by naijaguy »

Wow. This is masterclass.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The first person that needs to watch this is VE.
I told him yesterday that every player has his primary role and this analyst has illustrated Simon Moses’ role perfectly.
VE thinks the only role of an attacking player is to score and assist. Creating goals isn’t solely about ‘assists’.

In the Nacho goal, Aribo is credited with the assist but the role of Simon in creating that goal was far more significant and started the moment he began attracting two or more players to himself earlier in the match, thus creating space for others.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Great analysis
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

nice
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

highbury wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:53 am Due to unwanted slight nervousness while watching the game, you miss the little details which greatly impacts the outcome of the game. Here it is:

Interesting ...good analysis :clap: :clap:
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Excellent analysis
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...great analysis. At the end of the day, it is the mental toughness or weakness of the players in action at the moment that prevails.
My observation was that Egyptians defense were run ragged, could not keep up.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

It was a simple and effective game plan. Now, everybody will be planning for Moses, time for Chukwueze to unleash.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Great analysis! :clap: :clap: :clap: The analyst took us back to school! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Having said that, if the Egyptians were really smart, they wouldn't have bothered double teaming Simon on the left. They would have simply conceded that wing to him, bunched up their players in the middle and let him send in his ineffective crosses all day.

Wha choo looking at?!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

That was good. Almost too good. They should keep quiet and not expose us like this lol.

I honestly think Egypt makes a mistake isolating Salah in the middle. I would play him from the wings. If they have a half decent center forward, I will put that one in the center and put Salah on the right side.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

deanotito wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:59 pm That was good. Almost too good. They should keep quiet and not expose us like this lol.

I honestly think Egypt makes a mistake isolating Salah in the middle. I would play him from the wings. If they have a half decent center forward, I will put that one in the center and put Salah on the right side.
Yep, made things easy, however I would give him a free role.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:53 am Due to unwanted slight nervousness while watching the game, you miss the little details which greatly impacts the outcome of the game. Here it is:

:clap: :clap:

Highbury,

RAK this guy immediately. Excellent analysis. Love it!!! ❤️
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

them sa good LC ...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Let us wait for txj's opinion before we clap oh
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Top draw analysis. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Would be great to see his analysis of Awoniyi's role on the day too. That too was executed to a T but most folks didn't get it..
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm Let us wait for txj's opinion before we clap oh
:rotf: :rotf:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:03 pm
deanotito wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:59 pm That was good. Almost too good. They should keep quiet and not expose us like this lol.

If he had a free role, it would just isolate him with Ndidi (at least with respect to Nigeria) which wouldn’t be easy for Salah to navigate either cause Ndidi is a beast. On the right side, he would have the effect of containing the opposing winger with ‘double-up’ defensive duties or drawing out a CB to help the RB….and either of those effects would help his team. Right side it is for me.

Salah is a small guy. Playing him in the middle of tall center backs to me dampens his effectiveness. Best for people like Salah to run at defenses, as opposed to just waiting for through balls
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

There are certain types of players like Simon, chukwueze and Ejuke where it doesn’t matter whether they are only effective 1 time out of 5, the thing is that one time could be so dangerous that the opponent cannot risk even allowing them to succeed one time. Because of this fear the opponent must deploy several players to mark them EVERY time, which then opens up the opportunity for other players.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:13 am The first person that needs to watch this is VE.
I told him yesterday that every player has his primary role and this analyst has illustrated Simon Moses’ role perfectly.
VE thinks the only role of an attacking player is to score and assist. Creating goals isn’t solely about ‘assists’.

In the Nacho goal, Aribo is credited with the assist but the role of Simon in creating that goal was far more significant and started the moment he began attracting two or more players to himself earlier in the match, thus creating space for others.
I NEVER said the ONLY role of an attacking player is to score and assist.

However no matter how much spin you do THAT IS THE PRIMARY ROLE.

and ZERO GOALS with ZERO ASSISTS in over 2 years is a piss poor return no matter what other role you claim the player has.

That is not the kind of player you want to rely on, and that is not the kind of player that brings you any serious success.

Moses Simon IS A MAJOR FACTOR into why we have struggled to score goals over the last year.

You can keep your head in the sand if it makes you feel better.
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:03 pm

If I were Egypt I would have played Ahmed Sayed as their top striker and had Salah playing from behind him.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm Let us wait for txj's opinion before we clap oh
LOL.

Obviously Africans, young Africans can't read a game or understand a game well enough to explain it. :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Please, what channel can I watch this young man's pre-game and post-game analysis?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!