CAF NEEDS RETHINK EMPTY STADIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF NEEDS RETHINK EMPTY STADIA

Post by jette1 »

mcal wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:43 pm ...more over half of Africa are still engulf in armed conflicts. Driving and trying to cross international borders can be dangerous, even borders of non-conflict states can be difficult due to bribery, example, certain Nigeria port of entries.
Half of Africa in arms conflict ? Really !!! Ol boi you need to get off that computer monitor and get around more
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, how will this guarantee full stadia for every game, especially if as uncle mentalalloy said, their is a vaccination requirement and a 60% capacity limit?
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:35 pm
jette1 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:40 pm Adopting the Last European championships concept of one game, one country could provide lasting solution to these empty stadiums we have come to live with. Imagine if each game is played in different countries all the way down to Namibia. Even Swaziland could host a game and there would be no empty stadium anymore. The final could then be awarded to what we currently call the host nation.
KPOM.

In addition, by increasing hosting venues, CAF can actually increase the number of teams participating in an AFCON finals. I think not only CAF but that is the way these mega events are headed as it will save costs for everyone while also widening access to the finals.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:22 am Uncle, how will this guarantee full stadia for every game, especially if as uncle mentalalloy said, their is a vaccination requirement and a 60% capacity limit?
jette1 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:40 pm Adopting the Last European championships concept of one game, one country could provide lasting solution to these empty stadiums we have come to live with. Imagine if each game is played in different countries all the way down to Namibia. Even Swaziland could host a game and there would be no empty stadium anymore. The final could then be awarded to what we currently call the host nation.
KPOM.

In addition, by increasing hosting venues, CAF can actually increase the number of teams participating in an AFCON finals. I think not only CAF but that is the way these mega events are headed as it will save costs for everyone while also widening access to the finals.
You already know that a huge crowd watches Cameroon's games? Why? :?:

The answer should give you an idea why a dispersed tournament in multiple venues at other countries will also attract an increased number of spectators. LOL.

A few examples, if this tournament was also simultaneously taking place in Accra with Ghana in the group; in Dakar with Senegal in the group; in Cairo with Egypt in the group; in Lusaka with Zambia in the group. For instance, have a dispersed number of countries hosting each group. I hope it is clearer now. (1) each of those countries will only need to build one or two venues if at all (saving construction costs associated with the tournament) ands (2) because there are now several hosts playing at home you immediately increase attendance. (3) Because it is dispersed and hosting costs lowered, more finalists can be admitted. (4) each region of the continent gets to host an AFCON final during each AFCON..
Last edited by Enugu II on Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Dude, why are you busy proffering solution to a problem that doesn't exist :(? You want a full stadium during a pandemic with all the Covid regulatory protocols?? I’m confused bro…
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the thinning of fans at major African tournaments been happening since the introduction of European leagues tv on the continent. Heck, even the CAF leadership, journalists, prefer abroad players when selecting best African players. Filling up stadiums will be tough to fix as things are with football appetite in Africa now.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

iworo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:38 am
Dude, why are you busy proffering solution to a problem that doesn't exist :(? You want a full stadium during a pandemic with all the Covid regulatory protocols?? I’m confused bro…
We create a non existing problem and then try to solve it!

Why not scrap the 'host' concept as a whole and have a league format that you play home and away! There is a reason why you have the HOST nations.

Europe itself saw the logistic nightmare. Do you know how many visas some players will have to get just to participate in the tournament by moving from one country to the other? Don't even start with the cost of the teams moving up and down.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:35 am
1naija wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:22 am Uncle, how will this guarantee full stadia for every game, especially if as uncle mentalalloy said, their is a vaccination requirement and a 60% capacity limit?
KPOM.

The answer should give you an idea why a dispersed tournament in multiple venues at other countries will also attract an increased number of spectators. LOL.

A few examples, if this tournament was also simultaneously taking place in Accra with Ghana in the group; in Dakar with Senegal in the group; in Cairo with Egypt in the group; in Lusaka with Zambia in the group. For instance, have a dispersed number of countries hosting each group. I hope it is clearer now. (1) each of those countries will only need to build one or two venues if at all (saving construction costs associated with the tournament) ands (2) because there are now several hosts playing at home you immediately increase attendance. (3) Because it is dispersed and hosting costs lowered, more finalists can be admitted. (4) each region of the continent gets to host an AFCON final during each AFCON..
I will not be surprised if Nigerian players do not have visas to get to some of the other host nations! This is not Europe where people can move easily from one country to the other.

Throw the gates open and you will have the full house.

Loss in ticket revenue will not be up to the cost of flying teams in chartered flights across countries! Try book a flight from Nigeria (Abuja) to Niger (Niamey) and see what will happen!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:54 pm
KPOM.

I will not be surprised if Nigerian players do not have visas to get to some of the other host nations! This is not Europe where people can move easily from one country to the other.

Loss in ticket revenue will not be up to the cost of flying teams in chartered flights across countries! Try book a flight from Nigeria (Abuja) to Niger (Niamey) and see what will happen!
Seriously most of you guys here would be out debated, outclassed and out reasoned by primary school scholars

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

KPOM.

It’s comforting to know there are few grown ups still left in the forum. It’s really exasperating trying to reason with these fellows

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

KPOM.

My friend please just stop the nonsense; this is not africa of the 70s. I just got back from a road tour of seven southern African countries.

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

iworo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:38 am
Covid is here to stay bro; the world isn’t going to stop functioning. Earth would adapt to anything. Man evolved after the dinosaurs cleared the way.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

KPOM.

wanajO

Visa is not a major issue at all!! Bros, competitions like World Cup and AFCON negotiate with governments for easier visa access during the period of competition. That is not a problem. Moreover by having a dispersed tournament, you assure that the host nation or nearby nations bring in the spectators. Notice how Nigeria's games will attract more spectators because of its neighboring status.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

on another note, a lot of people spend loads or money during the Christmas holidays. AFCON comes too early . money done finish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Recent Super Eagles games didnt sell out in Nigeria. In fact the only stadium that sells out for most Nigeria games is Kano. So your theory that home teams play to packed stadium is not based on facts. Also, are you suggestiing evey team that qualifies dor the tournament should play at home? Because with 32 teams, even if you have multiple host cities, you will still have games featuring two foreign counties. What will you do then?

I think this is a nonsensical idea from poster known for posting weird stuff. We shouldn't have paid any attention to it.
KPOM.

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:01 am Recent Super Eagles games didnt sell out in Nigeria. In fact the only stadium that sells out for most Nigeria games is Kano. So your theory that home teams play to packed stadium is not based on facts. Also, are you suggestiing evey team that qualifies dor the tournament should play at home? Because with 32 teams, even if you have multiple host cities, you will still have games featuring two foreign counties. What will you do then?

I think this is a nonsensical idea from poster known for posting weird stuff. We shouldn't have paid any attention to it.
KPOM.

So now you ran out of any reasonable point and resort to campaign of personal attack in hopes of inciting supporters to come your way ? Ok
The home hame you refer to were had limited tickets because they did want a packed stadium at that dilapidated thing in surulere now banned by CAF.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Sorry for yabbing you. The point is hosting the AFCON games in multiple counties will not guarantee packed stadia if most of the soccer fans in Africa cant afford the tickets in the first place.
jette1 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:14 am [
So now you ran out of any reasonable point and resort to campaign of personal attack in hopes of inciting supporters to come your way ? Ok
The home hame you refer to were had limited tickets because they did want a packed stadium at that dilapidated thing in surulere now banned by CAF.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Yabbing no mater cause Yab na my thing but how ironic is it that you cajole The so called Abroad Nigerians for thinking they are better off and turn around say local Africans cannot afford common ticket. Bro have you been around Africa lately? I was in Zambia in December an adidas track pants I bought in the US for $50 was selling at their local mall for $110 and they were snapping it up.
1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:53 am Sorry for yabbing you. The point is hosting the AFCON games in multiple counties will not guarantee packed stadia if most of the soccer fans in Africa cant afford the tickets in the first place.

[quote=jette1 post_id=5727846 time=<a href="tel:1642216458">1642216458</a> user_id=100406]
[
[/quote]
1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:53 am Sorry for yabbing you. The point is hosting the AFCON games in multiple counties will not guarantee packed stadia if most of the soccer fans in Africa cant afford the tickets in the first place.
jette1 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:14 am [

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:01 am Recent Super Eagles games didnt sell out in Nigeria. In fact the only stadium that sells out for most Nigeria games is Kano. So your theory that home teams play to packed stadium is not based on facts. Also, are you suggestiing evey team that qualifies dor the tournament should play at home? Because with 32 teams, even if you have multiple host cities, you will still have games featuring two foreign counties. What will you do then?

KPOM.

I thought we are discussing empty stadia. No stadia is expected to be full for covid, BTW.

The issue is about avoiding empty stadia. Even at the WC all games are not packed to the brim and thus I do not know where you get the Idea that all games are expected to be sold out to a packed stadium.

May I remind you that full stadia is different from avoiding empty stadia. None of the games in this AFCON is even designed to be full and not even the World Cup fills every stadia. You may want to read the heading of the thread again for clarity. Perhaps you are discussing something else.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So if you know the stadia in this tournament are empty because of covid protocols, why are you suggesting hosting the tournaments in multiple countries as solution to empty stadia in this tournament?
KPOM.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:14 am So if you know the stadia in this tournament are empty because of covid protocols, why are you suggesting hosting the tournaments in multiple countries as solution to empty stadia in this tournament?
KPOM.

:rotf: Kai, 1naija I no wan yab you ooo. If stadia no full for Morocco v wettn kpele, does it mean Cameroon v Burkina was also empty? If you answer that, you already have the answer.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Adisboy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:53 pm
Logistically, that would be a total disaster. It was even a huge burden in the Euros so much so that the UEFA President declared it will never happen again. We are supposed to learn from other's mistakes not embrace it.
Europe is different from Africa as the transport links are good with many options to travel say air, train, driving, etc., you can travel on the match day to watch a match in many European Countries and till get back the same day or early next morning with taking only a day of work.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:18 am
mcal wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:43 pm ...more over half of Africa are still engulf in armed conflicts. Driving and trying to cross international borders can be dangerous, even borders of non-conflict states can be difficult due to bribery, example, certain Nigeria port of entries.
Half of Africa in arms conflict ? Really !!! Ol boi you need to get off that computer monitor and get around more
But they are, even North African Countries who get tourists visiting have heavily armed police and armies patrolling the tourist hot spots to stop the trouble makers.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.