Nigeria vs Sudan 3-1 full time

Re: Nigeria vs Sudan Live! 3-1

Honestly, I think Sudan offered tougher opposition than Egypt did. Good win❗️

I would start Sadiq in the next game so we can know if we should close that chapter for good. So far, i would not take any of our strikers in this tournament to the WC if we qualify.

We need to go and beg Dennis to see what he can do in GWG.

Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:56 pm Nwakali is balling I don't know what game people are watching
Even Ndidi was frustrated with him at one point….if u keep going back u put ur team under pressure… but anyways we won that’s all that matters…

It was important to maintain possession with less than 10 mins in the game. The only way we get under pressure is to turn the ball over.
I don't recall him putting wrong foot down in the limited time he was on.

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:47 pm My observation so far....

Okoye is a basket in the making.

I agree

Don't understand the Nwakali criticism. He looked good to me. Calm on the ball and helped maintain possession. Don't recall him misplacing passes or giving the ball away.

Sadiq could have done better with the 10 minutes he got. With more time tho he may have settled down better.
Last edited by olu on Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 pm Simon played well. It seems Rohr had shackled him, same with Ola Aina.

I now see why Rohr did not want to play Aina. Those his forward attacks must have been giving that conservative man heart attacks.

He scored a good goal and had an assist. And thats enough for MOM

But his poor qualities remain.

But gen speaking, can we stop talking about Rohr?

He's discussed more here than the current manager!!
Last edited by txj on Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

A good win but too many disjointed plays especially in the 3rd half of the pitch.

The combo of Awoniyi and Nacho is going to be our let down. They keep on running into the same spaces and Taiwo is really average for this level.
Last edited by Lolly on Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm Honestly, I think Sudan offered tougher opposition than Egypt did. Good win❗️

Yeah, to my eye, they’re a better team than Egypt. But Egypt have a talisman that would make up the difference

Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:56 pm Nwakali is balling I don't know what game people are watching
Even Ndidi was frustrated with him at one point….if u keep going back u put ur team under pressure… but anyways we won that’s all that matters…
It was just ONE play that Ndidi got mad at him for, Ndidi wanted the one two going forward but Nwakali chose the safer play. What is wrong with that when we are 3-1 up? Have you heard of closing a game out? Ndidi a blood is always hot and wants to attack but it’s not necessary all the time, it’s a marathon not a sprint, no need to over stretch yourself unnecessarily.

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm Honestly, I think Sudan offered tougher opposition than Egypt did. Good win❗️

I disagree.

We did not defend anywhere near as well against Sudan as we did against Egypt. At Egypt that was probably the best defending I remember seeing from Nigeria in many many many years. Whereas against Sudan, at time it was almost as if we even dared them to do their worst. We made many schoolboy errors against Sudan but were not punished, so we did not have any incentive to tighten up our game.

We didn't press in the same manner, we were not as precise.

Sudan had more opportunities, largely because we took them less seriously.

In short we made Egypt look bad and made Sudan look good.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT

Molue Conductor wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm
charlie wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:54 pm
Tbite wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:51 pm Sadiq MAY have some potential, but it is something of a moot point.

With Terem Moffi, Onuachu, Osimhen, Dennis etc. to add to the competition, I think Sadiq may have played himself outside of contention.

What attribute does Sadiq have exactly that sets him apart from the competition?
There really is no competition between Osimhen and his peers. That said Umar is playing himself out of contention. Taiwo has played himself in.
Nacho is our best finisher imho. But can be lazy. Osimhen beats him in work rate and positioning.
you call a professional footballer who earns a living from running up and down lazy...smh please tell us you BMI and current weight.. in fact tell us how fast you finish a 3 mile run . smh

Synopsis

Post by Synopsis »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:48 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm Nwakali is not playing well.
What did you see him do wrong?
Misplaced passes.
Which pass was that? He literally had at least 90% pass accuracy, maybe you mistaking him for someone else..
What should have been an easy pass was kicked out of bounds.

Another one was when Musa or Iwobi was open for a run but Nwakali passed the ball backwards and stalled possession. Though, I will say he gained confidence as the game progressed.
Last edited by Synopsis on Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Nigeria vs Sudan 3-1 full time

We have surely qualified for the second round abi?

olu wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm Don't understand the Nwakali criticism. He looked good to me. Calm on the ball and helped maintain possession. Don't recall him misplacing passes or giving the ball away.

Sadiq could have done better with the 10 minutes he got. With more time tho he may have settled down better.
He did well, but he has learnt conservatism, and in my opinion, it hampers him. He gave up the middle to Iwobi also as he wanted to stay deep.

I wouldn't call Osimhen's workrate normal. It is something from a different planet.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:04 pm A good win but too many disjointed plays especially in the 3rd half of the pitch.

The combo of Awoniyi and Nacho is going to be our let down. They keep on running into the same spaces and Taiwo is really average for this level.
go back to rant and rave, you so clueless about football.. it is so funny reading your post about football :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:04 pm A good win but too many disjointed plays especially in the 3rd half of the pitch.

A top 5 striker in Bundesliga is average for Afcon? You're delusional. It's only his 2nd start for the team, osihmen didn't exactly light up the tournament when he came on last Afcon. Stop putting unreasonable expectations on the boys.
olumide

Post by olumide »

Molue Conductor wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm
charlie wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:54 pm
Tbite wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:51 pm Sadiq MAY have some potential, but it is something of a moot point.

With Terem Moffi, Onuachu, Osimhen, Dennis etc. to add to the competition, I think Sadiq may have played himself outside of contention.

What attribute does Sadiq have exactly that sets him apart from the competition?
There really is no competition between Osimhen and his peers. That said Umar is playing himself out of contention. Taiwo has played himself in.
Nacho is our best finisher imho. But can be lazy. Osimhen beats him in work rate and positioning.
Nacho seems to be in a class of his own because neither Rohr nor Egu see him as a pure striker.

All of the other names mentioned are well above Sadiq just based on their career accomplishments. He is a talented plyer, but has never performed at the top level anywhere, and is no longer a kid really.

deanotito wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:06 pm
olu wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm Don't understand the Nwakali criticism. He looked good to me. Calm on the ball and helped maintain possession. Don't recall him misplacing passes or giving the ball away.

He did well, but he has learnt conservatism, and in my opinion, it hampers him. He gave up the middle to Iwobi also as he wanted to stay deep.
The guy does not have the energy to play against top level opposition. We will see it soon. Make Egu continue to give him exposure at the expense of our team play.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Sudan will show Egypt pepper. This wasn't an easy game at all.

Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:05 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:48 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm Nwakali is not playing well.
What did you see him do wrong?
Misplaced passes.
Which pass was that? He literally had at least 90% pass accuracy, maybe you mistaking him for someone else..
What should have been an easy pass was kicked out of bounds.

Another one was when Musa was open for a run but Nwakali passed the ball backwards and stalled possession. Though, I will say he gained confidence as the game progressed.
So 1 pass out of bounds is all you are talking about? Like I said he literally had 90% pass accuracy. That you didn’t like his pass choice doesn’t make it an inaccurate pass…

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:08 pm

A top 5 striker in Bundesliga is average for Afcon? You're delusional. It's only his 2nd start for the team, osihmen didn't exactly light up the tournament when he came on last Afcon. Stop putting unreasonable expectations on the boys.
There are players playing in top 5 teams in the EPL and Serie A who are not international material. You don’t know football.

Awoniyi’s touch is woeful. And he mostly chooses the wrong pass or wrong move. There is a reason why he has been around a few clubs and not impressed.

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:06 pm We have surely qualified for the second round abi?
Not yet, depends on result of Egypt game