I found this! It sheds some light

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I found this! It sheds some light

Post by wanaj0 »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm Let us wait for txj's opinion before we clap oh
How can a 'corrupt' Eguavoen have any tactical plan to be executed by the players :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:03 pm
Please, what channel can I watch this young man's pre-game and post-game analysis?
Citi Sports Ghana
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Maybe i'm a debbie downer but this was very much a routine analysis.

Great for programs like this because the audience can easily decipher what he's talking about.

But from a coaching standpoint....this is beginner stuff.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:31 pm Maybe i'm a debbie downer but this was very much a routine analysis.

Great for programs like this because the audience can easily decipher what he's talking about.

Hey Debbie :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

highbury wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:53 am Due to unwanted slight nervousness while watching the game, you miss the little details which greatly impacts the outcome of the game. Here it is:

Wait o, doesn't this qualify for the classic power-point presentation? :taunt: :taunt:
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:31 pm Maybe i'm a debbie downer but this was very much a routine analysis.

Chief, but it is made for TV audiences like us, not coaches.
No different from the analyses you see on TV networks all over the world every week.
Made for easy consumption.

That's why its there. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Baii wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:53 pm
highbury wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:53 am Due to unwanted slight nervousness while watching the game, you miss the little details which greatly impacts the outcome of the game. Here it is:

Wait o, doesn't this qualify for the classic power-point presentation? :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:41 pm

Hey Debbie :tic:
:rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:38 pm Great analysis! :clap: :clap: :clap: The analyst took us back to school! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Having said that, if the Egyptians were really smart, they wouldn't have bothered double teaming Simon on the left. They would have simply conceded that wing to him, bunched up their players in the middle and let him send in his ineffective crosses all day.

If you don't mark Simon he'll get in the box and create difficulties for defenders or go for goal. He is not a timid player that looks over his shoulder in the box. We should be able to see this as the competition progress.

I have also learnt in life never to give a player time and space on the ball. He only needs an opportunity to find another good player and that can decide the game.

I think we have a good team with possibilities.

Teams might want to take Simon out of the game and this is what we had against Italy in 1994. Take out difficult player. leaving him unmarked is not an option.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Great breda analyst with impressive knowledge of our players. Traumatized by the bredas that visit this site, I had forgotten that there were any level headed bredas left in Ghana when it came to 9ja stuff. There is hope.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo

This is a media appearance and not a locker room. The audience at home would not want to be bored with coachspeak. In my view, this is perfect and great for the audience and far deeper than any coach will even present to a public audience. Fantastic in my view.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:13 am

Ugbowo

This is a media appearance and not a locker room. The audience at home would not want to be bored with coachspeak. In my view, this is perfect and great for the audience and far deeper than any coach will even present to a public audience. Fantastic in my view.
funny enough, most tactical game plans and analysis made by top coaches in the dressing room are simple. NOT complex!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:43 am

Ugbowo

funny enough, most tactical game plans and analysis made by top coaches in the dressing room are simple. NOT complex!
Theoretically, the more complex, the less your players will grasp and implement. Fact. You are correct that simplicity improves communication and helps effectiveness. 👏 This is a truism when you communicate to a group with complex intelligence. As th we experts point out, the lowest common denominator is the most effective with a group.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ugbowo

I don't think so.
I know a coach who has gone deeper....
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46906415 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Riche007 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:55 pm
aruako1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm Let us wait for txj's opinion before we clap oh
:rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:43 am

Ugbowo

gbosa
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Is that man from Ghana? :taunt:

Bigpokey is he one of your inlaws?
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

NationsCup wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:18 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:38 pm Great analysis! :clap: :clap: :clap: The analyst took us back to school! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Having said that, if the Egyptians were really smart, they wouldn't have bothered double teaming Simon on the left. They would have simply conceded that wing to him, bunched up their players in the middle and let him send in his ineffective crosses all day.

If you don't mark Simon he'll get in the box and create difficulties for defenders or go for goal. He is not a timid player that looks over his shoulder in the box. We should be able to see this as the competition progress.

I have also learnt in life never to give a player time and space on the ball. He only needs an opportunity to find another good player and that can decide the game.

I think we have a good team with possibilities.

Teams might want to take Simon out of the game and this is what we had against Italy in 1994. Take out difficult player. leaving him unmarked is not an option.
As you can see, Simon deliverd against Sudan
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

This Ghanaian brother should be in Sky Sports Tv working for them. Wow! Amazing analysis.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This young Ghana brother's analysis is more insightful than most of the dross I've watched on NBCS, ESPN and even Sky Sports. My breda, please take a bow :clap: