Word of Caution on Eguavoen and SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: Word of Caution on Eguavoen and SE

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:58 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:29 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:23 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:34 pm
Chief, being of mixed race origins I try my best to show restraint and respect for all races but some of the stuff I read here is so cringe worthy…
Do you live in America?

Have you been following discussions on the double standards for black coaches in the NFL?

Does that conversations make you uncomfortable?

Should that conversation not be had?

Where do you think the belief that black coaches are not good enough emanate from and are sustained?

Stereotypes are insidious in nature.
Chief duly noted.
I come in peace to learn and observe … But you are clearly over reaching and mixing apples with oranges.
Black people in America are victims of systemic racism, Africans have their own country and have the freedom of choice or the option of who they appoint.
Black coaches in pro US teams, which are mostly owned by White owners, ( don’t have that option). so your analogy is wrong.
Africans are decision makers in Africa.
Black people in American pro sports rarely own teams and are not in the majority of front office positions, so your position is one of trying to force a false equivalence with all due respect
Ahhhhh but is not so my friend.

You have heard of colonial mentality? Right?

Go and present an idea or bid for a contract in the continent... you will be surprised by the mindset of some Africans if you are a person of color making a presentation without bringing along a white technical expert. Some will even advise you to let him be the one that does the presentation and take the questions.

I bring up the US pro teams and the problems/issues with diversity inclusiveness and hiring for a reason. The owners being predominantly white hire white people... and those that hire black people give them a very short leash.

Naijaria is the most populous black country with a history of very accomplished athletes, footballers, and professionals in all aspects of human endeavor. We can't be advocates for black people and not even consider black coaches for employment... or shirk from the responsibility at the earliest signs of failure. We have rocket scientists, nuclear physicists, and neurosurgeons but for some reason, we don't believe that we are capable of being quality coaches?

Eguavoen outthought and outmaneuvered his Egyptian counterpart. It was not because Egypt was poor... HE MADE THEM POOR!
Chief you bring up a fair point and since I’ve never done business in or lived on the continent I’m in no position to debate certain issues you’ve raised on the issue of colonial mentality which is a term I’m also not too familiar with.

All I’m saying is that the Africans that I know absolutely have no inferiority complex when it comes to those of other races.

AnywY good convo. I’ll read and learn. Bueno
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:02 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:37 pm
VERY SAD that many BLACKS have been so Brainwashed mostly beyond Redemption

Who are the many?
Dunno if you know any because
I sure don’t. The Africans or black
People I know have no inferiority complex
and believe they can do just as well or even
better than their counterparts of other races ..
So maybe the author should speak for himself
and those he knows personally ..

THIS SELF HATRED must STOP
Has Salah scored and they beat us would they then be inept ??????????
Again against my better judgement I’m getting involved here. I love when people are accused of self hatred for having differing opinions.

Folks wanna act like they are “Captain Africa” and accuse others of self hatred but who no one should tell someone how their “blackness” or “African standing” should be defined … Just my opinion and to each his own.

People act like Captain Africa and accuse others because they know they have a peanut gallery that will respond and ready to that. It’s so Trumpian in nature but what do I know … you have the floor, I move on
Bros, have you ever asked an African American why they bristle at the phrase, "You People"?

BTW, did you pay attention to the flak Klopp got for his innocuous (tongue in cheek) statement about AFCON being a 'small' statement?

No one is going to respect you unless you demand it.

You might be one of those "get along, be along" kinda guy... some others are not.

I want to tread carefully because as much as I wanna leave this matter you keep reeling me in.
I have no problem with demanding respect but many at times people will respect you by your achievements, your level of competence and attention to detail and success. I’ll leave it at that because I’m not gonna open up another can of worms
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Naijaria is the most populous black country with a history of very accomplished athletes, footballers, and professionals in all aspects of human endeavor. We can't be advocates for black people and not even consider black coaches for employment... or shirk from the responsibility at the earliest signs of failure. We have rocket scientists, nuclear physicists, and neurosurgeons but for some reason, we don't believe that we are capable of being quality coaches?

Eguavoen outthought and outmaneuvered his Egyptian counterpart. It was not because Egypt was poor... HE MADE THEM POOR!
Chief with all due respect you’re going overboard but maybe this is a sensitive thing for you .. I have no idea!

How many people here have denigrated the amazing tactical masterclass from Egu and his coaching staff?
What percentage?
Chief come on.
Honestly well I can’t tell you how to think or see things. You alone know where the rock In your sock lies so I will respect your opinion and buzz off
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:51 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:02 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:37 pm
VERY SAD that many BLACKS have been so Brainwashed mostly beyond Redemption

Who are the many?
Dunno if you know any because
I sure don’t. The Africans or black
People I know have no inferiority complex
and believe they can do just as well or even
better than their counterparts of other races ..
So maybe the author should speak for himself
and those he knows personally ..

Again against my better judgement I’m getting involved here. I love when people are accused of self hatred for having differing opinions.

Folks wanna act like they are “Captain Africa” and accuse others of self hatred but who no one should tell someone how their “blackness” or “African standing” should be defined … Just my opinion and to each his own.

People act like Captain Africa and accuse others because they know they have a peanut gallery that will respond and ready to that. It’s so Trumpian in nature but what do I know … you have the floor, I move on
Bros, have you ever asked an African American why they bristle at the phrase, "You People"?

BTW, did you pay attention to the flak Klopp got for his innocuous (tongue in cheek) statement about AFCON being a 'small' statement?

No one is going to respect you unless you demand it.

You might be one of those "get along, be along" kinda guy... some others are not.

I want to tread carefully because as much as I wanna leave this matter you keep reeling me in.
I have no problem with demanding respect but many at times people will respect you by your achievements, your level of competence and attention to detail and success. I’ll leave it at that because I’m not gonna open up another can of worms
@ the underlined. That is not usually the case. I brought up the NFL and black coaches... examples abound that achievements does not stop a person of color from being judged harshly.

You don't have to go too far. On these very here pages there are folks who do it...

BTW, I like having these type of discussion as sometimes someone might be coming from a place of ignorance where they are oblivious to what others go through on a daily basis.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:55 pm

Chief with all due respect you’re going overboard but maybe this is a sensitive thing for you .. I have no idea!

How many people here have denigrated the amazing tactical masterclass from Egu and his coaching staff?
What percentage?
Chief come on.
Honestly well I can’t tell you how to think or see things. You alone know where the rock In your sock lies so I will respect your opinion and buzz off
The discussion started going sideways because ENYI stated and doubled down that we were helped by Egypt's 'Ineptness'.

Based on one sample size, we don't know if Egypt was inept or was just outclassed.

What we saw in Naijaria was a team that deployed tactics that left Egypt bewildered...

Carlos Queiroz couldn't have just become inept... he just met a tactician who bettered him on that day.

So any argument that seeks to discredit the excellent job done by our coaching crew and head coach will not go unchallenged.

ENYI was the one who brought it up.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

What percentage?
Chief come on.
Sleaky72

Just a question, has colonialism ended because Africans are living in independent states? Ever heard about the term neocolonialism? What does it mean?

Also do you believe that other types of racism exist beyond the everyday racism discussed in the media? For Instance, is there a difference between individual and Institutional racism? Just checking based on perusing the discourse here.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:04 pm
Chief, being of mixed race origins I try my best to show restraint and respect for all races but some of the stuff I read here is so cringe worthy…
Do you live in America?

Have you been following discussions on the double standards for black coaches in the NFL?

Where do you think the belief that black coaches are not good enough emanate from and are sustained?

Chief duly noted.
I come in peace to learn and observe … But you are clearly over reaching and mixing apples with oranges.
Black people in America are victims of systemic racism, Africans have their own country and have the freedom of choice or the option of who they appoint.
Black coaches in pro US teams, which are mostly owned by White owners, ( don’t have that option). so your analogy is wrong.
Black people in American pro sports rarely own teams and are not in the majority of front office positions, so your position is one of trying to force a false equivalence with all due respect

Go and present an idea or bid for a contract in the continent... you will be surprised by the mindset of some Africans if you are a person of color making a presentation without bringing along a white technical expert. Some will even advise you to let him be the one that does the presentation and take the questions.

I bring up the US pro teams and the problems/issues with diversity inclusiveness and hiring for a reason. The owners being predominantly white hire white people... and those that hire black people give them a very short leash.

Chief you bring up a fair point and since I’ve never done business in or lived on the continent I’m in no position to debate certain issues you’ve raised on the issue of colonial mentality which is a term I’m also not too familiar with.

All I’m saying is that the Africans that I know absolutely have no inferiority complex when it comes to those of other races.

Wow! You are right, I wonder why we could not see this great point backed by flimsy evidence and practically no interactions with Africans.

Forget the hollow lecture and try to find out more about 1/2 your DNA, background, and ultimately yourself. It would be a better use of your time.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Egu said that "Sudan are no pushovers, it will be a hard match"

He also said SE "are not favorites to win AFCON"

Where are those who cried about Rohrs statements before matches. Do these statements not apply ?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This same ish hapoened in 2013.

People were dissing Keshi because we faced the newly emergent football powerhouse of Burkina Faso. Blissfully ignoring that they didn’t just walk into the tournament. They were there because they qualified against xompetitive opposition.

A vocal CE member was in record openly supporting Ivory Coast who were at the time coached by a white Frenchman.

Before Rohr we had Sisi Betty - also German. Both contributed nothing of significancw to Nigerian soccer. Rohr particularly was a conplete waste of space and time. In the time he was there, Nigeria's football stagnated.

How Nigerian supporters csn be impressed by whatever contributions they attribute to him says a lot about the collectiive state of colonial mentality syndrrome.

The Super Eagles soared because a competent local.coach has just taken charge.

Well done Egu. Well done to Nigerian born coaches who slave away charitably sometimes withoit pay amd deliver for Nigerians to be happy.

We contracted a foreign retiree as national coach who couldn't match our last great tournament outcome. He was clutching at his pension opportunity until it became blindingly obvious what a charlatan he has been.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:22 am

What percentage?
Chief come on.
Sleaky72

Just a question, has colonialism ended because Africans are living in independent states? Ever heard about the term neocolonialism? What does it mean?

Also do you believe that other types of racism exist beyond the everyday racism discussed in the media? For Instance, is there a difference between individual and Institutional racism? Just checking based on perusing the discourse here.
Chief I was very clear and precise in my response to Cellular on why I disagreed with comparing the plight of black coaches in white owned sports clubs to those of black coaches in sovereign black nations. There is no need to pursue this matter any further …
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Kneedeep wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:26 am
Do you live in America?

Chief duly noted.

Wow! You are right, I wonder why we could not see this great point backed by flimsy evidence and practically no interactions with Africans.

Forget the hollow lecture and try to find out more about 1/2 your DNA, background, and ultimately yourself. It would be a better use of your time.
Thanks for uplifting the discourse … I won’t match your snide energy or it’s intents.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:19 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:18 pm
Enyi wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:31 am
blueangel wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:08 pm
Enyi wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:56 pm
Agbako wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:50 pm The writer of this thread said . "We stopped an inept team of Egypt with their world class player"

I am so sorry for you Nigerians. So if Egypt beat us silly. Then they are not inept team. The eagles are just bad. Only God can clean us as humans. kai....

Inept : having no skill or talent. according to english dictionary. I forgive you as english is not ya mother tongue. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Actually English is my ONLY tongue/ Language......

Egypt were inept, just like we looked under Rohr.... In fact a fan, said as much to their manager in a heated exchange after the game....A team with the talent they have should not be out played the way they were out played....

That does not take away from the SE, not at all..

I (and am sure most of the world) expected a clash of TWO heavyweights but one team came out like a limp d#$%...

SE were great but Egypt were INEPT
VERY SAD that many BLACKS have been so Brainwashed mostly beyond Redemption.
Many attribute our victory to our opponents ineptness.
Not to the fact say we have a Super talented National Team and Coaching strategy that completely overwhelmed our opponents and decimated any tactics they had,

Sorry dear…but once again, I am not Black but I still support SE…no need for the racial undertone….

When a team with the talent of Ighalo, Mikel and co lost to Madagascar what was that about….their super talented squad!!!! Or Rohr’s ineptness?

When Keshi and SE beat CIV….that was a clash of titans and the best team won….

That’s what i thought I will see against Egypt….not a one sided match…..YES SE were brilliant but Egypt were poor…

Bro…..not everything has to do with Race….and not everyone that supports SE of any African team are BLACK…

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I’m happy you highlighted this.
I generally ignore so much of the racial gas lighting here.
But kudos to you my man :clap:
Please, what racial gas lighting in the post by BlueAngel?

That we have not been conditioned to believe even on these very here pages that a Black African, specifically a Naijarian is not good enough to coach the Super Eagles?

Pinnick, the NFF Chairman, is notorious and an unrepentant proponent of hiring foreign WHITE coaches for the Naijarian National Teams.

Now, when someone points out the level people go to discredit a victory based on a tactical masterclass by a coach who many believe is not worthy of the position, he is not gaslighting or whatever euphemism you want to use to describe it.

We are have been having running battles be it with our National team, Professional Football, other sports about the competency of BLACK coaches.

Let us not be contributory factors in denigrating an achievement of a person of color.

We celebrate our own as we should... any small victory that affirms our belief of what we know all along that we are more than capable, will be celebrated.

We won not because Egypt was poor... we won because we made Egypt look ordinary.

Same players... different tactics and strategy coupled with belief.
Cellular…so u honestly think that the Egypt we faced, is what you expected before the game….?? Ok

Do you know what the issue with racism? It is two-faced

If you highlight the successes of a black coach then ppl will HIGHLIGHT the failures of a black coaches….

But….if you stay away from the race of the coach, then it is a success or failure of an individual…..do u get my point?

Ppl here talked up the success of Rohr and lambasted his failures…not because he was white but Rohr….

Now if you talk up Eguavoen’s success because he is BLACK….his failures will be that of BLACK COACHES….

On NFF President…hate the guy but love him on certain aspects…should have sacked Rohr earlier and not appoint a coach after Egu was given the ruin but….on hiring a foreign coach his reason is clear….

In his interview he said that since Egu was made coach, his phone never stopped ringing from agents, friends, Godfathers etc….a foreigner is protected from that Rohr was…..

Now note…..I am not saying that white coaches are not corrupt but I do t expect Akpeyi’s Dad to have Rohr’s number but I won’t be surprised if Akpoguma’s dad does…don’t know if I am making myself clear….a foreign coach will be harder to get to thus the invitees will be mainly in merit and not “influenced”….

Let’s stay away from the black thing cos it will hurt more that actually help….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:50 pm

What percentage?
Chief come on.
The discussion started going sideways because ENYI stated and doubled down that we were helped by Egypt's 'Ineptness'.

Based on one sample size, we don't know if Egypt was inept or was just outclassed.

What we saw in Naijaria was a team that deployed tactics that left Egypt bewildered...

Carlos Queiroz couldn't have just become inept... he just met a tactician who bettered him on that day.

So any argument that seeks to discredit the excellent job done by our coaching crew and head coach will not go unchallenged.

ENYI was the one who brought it up.
Cellular….lol

Carlos Quueiroz is a good coach, baaaad Manager, same level as Rohr if not worse…. Look at his achievements…similar to Peseiro’s being to big clubs did nothing but addded to their CV….

If I had Ayo, I could type out ten things the guy got wrong…

Egu and SE executed their master plan…..but Carlos and Egypt were inept and toothless….

Nothing to do with White or Black…..

Btw….can you stop spelling Nigeria as Naijarian…sorry but it’s annoying (no offence intended)
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:13 am
Do you live in America?

Chief duly noted.

Thanks for uplifting the discourse … I won’t match your snide energy or it’s intents.
You know nothing about Africa or Africans according to you, yet still had the unmitigated gall to start lecturing about "racial gaslighting". FOH.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:22 am

What percentage?
Chief come on.
Sleaky72

This has nothing to do with the AFCON….

But just cos am travelling and stuck in this airport….

People bang on about Neocolonialism but let me give you an example….

Singapore gained independence in 1965, Nigeria in 1960…. Nigeria has more National resources and Attractions….

Nothing to do with anyone imposing economical, conditional or cultural imperialism on Nigeria…..

If African need you to be “white” for you to get a job…bro that has nothing to do with colonialism mental or not….

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Kneedeep wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:35 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:13 am

Do you live in America?

Chief duly noted.

You know nothing about Africa or Africans according to you, yet still had the unmitigated gall to start lecturing about "racial gaslighting". FOH.
Bro….same thing can be used against you…cos am sure you know nothing of being a white person on a Nigerian football forum yet you have the gall to accuse someone of ignorance

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:57 am
Bro….same thing can be used against you…cos am sure you know nothing of being a white person on a Nigerian football forum yet you have the gall to accuse someone of ignorance
Following your tortured logic you know nothing of Kneedeep in the Eagle's Nest......
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Try being cordial guys, as this is a virtual space that does not offer much about
the true CV of posters. Let's simply keep the site about 'a marketplace of ideas',
and less about personal ego. Cheers everyone!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:37 am
Cellular…so u honestly think that the Egypt we faced, is what you expected before the game….?? Ok

Do you know what the issue with racism? It is two-faced

If you highlight the successes of a black coach then ppl will HIGHLIGHT the failures of a black coaches….

But….if you stay away from the race of the coach, then it is a success or failure of an individual…..do u get my point?

Ppl here talked up the success of Rohr and lambasted his failures…not because he was white but Rohr….

Now if you talk up Eguavoen’s success because he is BLACK….his failures will be that of BLACK COACHES….

On NFF President…hate the guy but love him on certain aspects…should have sacked Rohr earlier and not appoint a coach after Egu was given the ruin but….on hiring a foreign coach his reason is clear….

In his interview he said that since Egu was made coach, his phone never stopped ringing from agents, friends, Godfathers etc….a foreigner is protected from that Rohr was…..

Now note…..I am not saying that white coaches are not corrupt but I do t expect Akpeyi’s Dad to have Rohr’s number but I won’t be surprised if Akpoguma’s dad does…don’t know if I am making myself clear….a foreign coach will be harder to get to thus the invitees will be mainly in merit and not “influenced”….

Let’s stay away from the black thing cos it will hurt more that actually help….
Sorry, we can't avoid the "BLACK THING".

It is the world we live in.

If we don't see our obligation as the most populous black country to carry the burden of the black man then who will do it for us?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:55 am
If African need you to be “white” for you to get a job…bro that has nothing to do with colonialism mental or not….
Case closed then.

I really can't!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

joao wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:04 pm Try being cordial guys, as this is a virtual space that does not offer much about
the true CV of posters. Let's simply keep the site about 'a marketplace of ideas',
I think we are all being civil.

Thanks to Sleaky72 for being open enough to engage in such an uncomfortable discussion.

We can all learn.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:02 am
joao wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:04 pm Try being cordial guys, as this is a virtual space that does not offer much about

Thanks to Sleaky72 for being open enough to engage in such an uncomfortable discussion.

We can all learn.
Chief I tried to be as measured as possible but of course no one says anything to the individual who tried to be unnecessarily provocative and surly for no just cause. I knew if i matched his negative energy that the thread would be derailed. This seems to happen all too frequently by certain posters but nothing is ever done. It kills any form of decent discourse here.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:34 am
Cellular wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:02 am

We can all learn.
Chief I tried to be as measured as possible but of course no one says anything to the individual who tried to be unnecessarily provocative and surly for no just cause. I knew if i matched his negative energy that the thread would be derailed. This seems to happen all too frequently by certain posters but nothing is ever done. It kills any form of decent discourse here.
Thanks for the level of maturity displayed.
Some topics spur heavy emotions.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...