Nigerian coaching crew announced (OFFICAL)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Nigerian coaching crew announced (OFFICAL)

Post by Tobi17 »

Eguavoen remains Interim Manager as NFF reconstitutes Super Eagles’ technical crew
Posted By: The NFFon: February 07, 2022In: Super EaglesNo Comments Print Email
The Nigeria Football Federation on Monday announced the reconstitution of the technical crew of the Senior Men National Team, Super Eagles, with Augustine Eguavoen staying as Interim Technical Adviser while former Nigeria World Cup star and former U20 Boys’ Head Coach, Emmanuel Amuneke drafted in as immediate assistant to Eguavoen.

One of the most garlanded footballers to have come out of Nigeria, Amuneke scored both goals that won Nigeria the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations final match against Zambia in Tunis, scored the goal that won Nigeria and Africa’s first Olympic football gold medal in 1996 and played in the 1994 and 1996 FIFA World Cup finals, scoring two goals in USA ’94.

As coach, the electrifying winger qualified Tanzania for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt and led the Taifa Stars in the finals. He is a Member of both the FIFA and CAF Technical Study Groups.

“The NFF Board has approved a recommendation of the Technical and Development Committee retaining Augustine Eguavoen as Technical Director/Technical Adviser (interim) while Emmanuel Amuneke becomes the Chief Coach of the Super Eagles. Salisu Yusuf will be the 2nd Assistant Coach/Chief Coach of the CHAN team and Joseph Yobo will be 3rd Assistant while Aloysius Agu remains the Goalkeepers’ Trainer,” NFF General Secretary, Dr Mohammed Sanusi announced.

The reconstitution comes after the Super Eagles’ outing at the 33rd Africa Cup of Nations finals in Cameroon, and ahead of the potentially –explosive FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 play-off round against the Black Stars of Ghana next month.

Sanusi added: “We acknowledge and appreciate the interest that Mr Jose Peseiro has shown in Nigeria Football during our very cordial discussions and have absolutely no doubt about his capacity. We believe that perhaps in the future, there could be an opportunity to work with him. However, in view of the positive performance of the Super Eagles at the just-concluded Africa Cup of Nations which has given hope to Nigerians and boosted our confidence in the present coaching crew to qualify us for the World Cup in Qatar, we have decided to accept the recommendation of the Technical and Development Committee to retain the Eguavoen-led coaching crew and strengthen it with the addition of Emmanuel Amuneke.”

NEW SUPER EAGLES COACHING CREW

Augustine Eguavoen – Technical Director/Technical Adviser (interim)

Emmanuel Amuneke – Chief Coach/1st Assistant

Salisu Yusuf – 2nd Assistant/Chief Coach, CHAN

Joseph Yobo – 3rd Assistant

Aloysius Agu – Goalkeepers’ Trainer

https://www.thenff.com/2022/02/eguavoen ... lc.twitter
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigerian coaching crew announced (OFFICAL)

Post by Tobi17 »

So does this mean Amunike is the coach since Eguavoen is back to his role as technical director? the whole terminologies are confusing
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Yobo is so pointless in this setup - 3rd assistant abi ball boy lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:40 pm So does this mean Amunike is the coach since Eguavoen is back to his role as technical director? the whole terminologies are confusing
What is confusing about it? It is pretty clear as day and night that Egu is the man and the others are his assistants.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Robbynice wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:44 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:40 pm So does this mean Amunike is the coach since Eguavoen is back to his role as technical director? the whole terminologies are confusing
What is confusing about it? It is pretty clear as day and night that Egu is the man and the others are his assistants.
Because I'm used to the more layman's fundamental concepts of COACH AND ASSISTANT COACH in every national team set up, the whole "interim technical director" vs "Chief Coach" grammar is unnecessarily too verbose.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

For sake of clarity and context

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:50 pm
For sake of clarity and context

This is as clear as mud.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Amunike is the new head coach. Hmmm
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I can promise you we are the first team in history to have chief coach/first assistant role.
I love it. We are so bleeding creative!
:rotf: :clap: :thumbs: :taunt:
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I know say e dey turn your belle well well. All the night vigil go go and tithes wey you pay no work...
maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:41 pm Yobo is so pointless in this setup - 3rd assistant abi ball boy lol
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

waka-man wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:06 pm I can promise you we are the first team in history to have chief coach/first assistant role.
No we are not the first. It is not the first time in Nigeria history sef. During Westerhof days, He was the Technical adviser of the team and Bonfere was the chief coach, the 1st assistant
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Robbynice wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:16 pm
waka-man wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:06 pm I can promise you we are the first team in history to have chief coach/first assistant role.
No we are not the first. It is not the first time in Nigeria history sef. During Westerhof days, He was the Technical adviser of the team and Bonfere was the chief coach, the 1st assistant
Basically Amunike is replacing Rohr in his managerial role while Eguavoen reverts back to his "office" job in the background.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:56 pm Amunike is the new head coach. Hmmm
Replaces Salisu…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:21 pm
Basically Amunike is replacing Rohr in his managerial role while Eguavoen reverts back to his "office" job in the background.
Nope, Amunike took Salisus position and pushed him down the pecking order, Egu is both TD and interim at ****s former position as Technical Adviser…terminology is funny but that’s how they’ve been doing it…TA is numero uno and Head coach is his 2nd in command…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
AMUNIKE OFFICIALLY NAMED SE CHIEF COACH ???

Post by jette1 »

EGU remains tech director
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMUNIKE OFFICIALLY NAMED SE CHIEF COACH

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:27 pm AMUNIKE OFFICIALLY NAMED SE CHIEF COACH ???
Lol, kinda but not exactly…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:25 pm
Nope, Amunike took Salisus position and pushed him down the pecking order, Egu is both TD and interim at ****s former position as Technical Adviser…terminology is funny but that’s how they’ve been doing it…TA is numero uno and Head coach is his 2nd in command…
This is a very unnecessary conundrum, a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:12 pm I know say e dey turn your belle well well. All the night vigil go go and tithes wey you pay no work...
maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:41 pm Yobo is so pointless in this setup - 3rd assistant abi ball boy lol
Ball boy in chief lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:31 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:25 pm
This is a very unnecessary conundrum, a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.
It’s a picnic panic move…surprised Amunike agreed to it…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: AMUNIKE OFFICIALLY NAMED SE CHIEF COACH

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:29 pm
jette1 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:27 pm AMUNIKE OFFICIALLY NAMED SE CHIEF COACH ???
Lol, kinda but not exactly…
It's a raging debate on Twitter as to the appellations and what they mean, the "interim" aspect for Eguavoen makes it even more confusing cause it's all framed to subtly give Amunike more coaching sway on the touchline over Eguavoen.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Did you read the article, you posted.
Eguavoen remains Interim Manager as NFF reconstitutes Super Eagles’ technical crew

The Nigeria Football Federation on Monday announced the reconstitution of the technical crew of the Senior Men National Team, Super Eagles, with Augustine Eguavoen staying as Interim Technical Adviser while former Nigeria World Cup star and former U20 Boys’ Head Coach, Emmanuel Amuneke drafted in as immediate assistant to Eguavoen
Emmanuel Amuneke job is to assist Eguavoen. End off.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:34 pm
Did you read the article, you posted.

The Nigeria Football Federation on Monday announced the reconstitution of the technical crew of the Senior Men National Team, Super Eagles, with Augustine Eguavoen staying as Interim Technical Adviser while former Nigeria World Cup star and former U20 Boys’ Head Coach, Emmanuel Amuneke drafted in as immediate assistant to Eguavoen
Emmanuel Amuneke job is to assist Eguavoen. End off.
Why couldn't just NFF make it simple like sane people do and designate the roles as COACH AND ASSISTANT COACH? So what role will Salisu and Yobo be playing now? don't you think it's just too many technicalities than necessary for a coaching set up..
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMUNIKE OFFICIALLY NAMED SE CHIEF COACH ???

Post by ANC »

its about time