Austin Eguavoen has revealed the reason he has invited Ahmed Musa

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Austin Eguavoen has revealed the reason he has invited Ahmed Musa

Post by iworo »

Eguavoen reveals Super Eagles player he’s invited based on honour

Super Eagles coach, Austin Eguavoen has revealed the reason he has invited Ahmed Musa, captain of the team to the Super Eagles.

Eguavoen in a chat with journalists compared Musa’s current role in the national team to what Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai and Joseph Yobo played in the past.

At different points, all three players got invitations based on their service to the team in the past and the honour the country is believed to owe them.

“Musa announced in his first press conference that it’s his last AFCON. We are a country that doesn’t forget tradition and history. These are things we did for late (Stephen) Keshi. In 1994, he wasn’t playing but he’s our leader,” Eguavoen said.

”These are things we did for Peter Rufai, and Joseph Yobo. To push Musa away like that… and he has some leadership qualities. He can give us some good 45 to 60 minutes when it’s necessary. That’s why we try to see how we can help him leave the scene honourably. He has said he’s going to retire after the World Cup but he’s not God. He has a major role to play in the team.”

“Musa announced in his first press conference that it’s his last AFCON. We are a country that doesn’t forget tradition and history. These are things we did for late (Stephen) Keshi. In 1994, he wasn’t playing but he’s our leader,” Eguavoen said.

”These are things we did for Peter Rufai, and Joseph Yobo. To push Musa away like that… and he has some leadership qualities. He can give us some good 45 to 60 minutes when it’s necessary. That’s why we try to see how we can help him leave the scene honourably. He has said he’s going to retire after the World Cup but he’s not God. He has a major role to play in the team.”
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Austin Eguavoen has revealed the reason he has invited Ahmed Musa

Post by Tobi17 »

Same old recycled crappy lines, we all know there's a bigger reason behind it.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its also on twitter that he wants to invite Victor Moses.

When you hear a coach/person speak like this, it tells you everything you need to know about that coach and their intention to work hard or to look at shortcuts. SHAMEFUL!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

This is so dumb lol…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:51 pm Its also on twitter that he wants to invite Victor Moses.

When you hear a coach/person speak like this, it tells you everything you need to know about that coach and their intention to work hard or to look at shortcuts. SHAMEFUL!
I hear you, but that would be a more useful addition than Musa or Onazi.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:12 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:51 pm Its also on twitter that he wants to invite Victor Moses.

There is absolutely NOTHING useful about inviting Moses to the super eagles. Its shocking, beyond belief, why Super Eagles fans have refused to move on. Truly shocking.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:18 pm

There is absolutely NOTHING useful about inviting Moses to the super eagles. Its shocking, beyond belief, why Super Eagles fans have refused to move on. Truly shocking.
He’s still playing at a high enough level and performing well, if he wants to unretire why is that so bad? Definitely take him over Musa or Onazi, those selections are shocking…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

More interested to know why Onazi is on the standby list.

The sooner we get a progressive coach and professional administrators in the better. I'm tired of this lot.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I would take Moses, ONLY if Musa and Onazi are sent to the moon, to be never heard from again.

that is a fair trade.

I will say it again and I dont care who I rub the wrong way

Ahmed Musa is a SELFISH moron, who must know that Nigeria has an alltime abundance of talent IN HIS POSITION.

Yet he wants to deprive a younger more talented player for his selfish ego. Please nobody tell me about honouring your country.

At some point he has to know he is no good and that there are better, younger players.

The angel* should just retire, so whoever at the top is making sure this corruption happens has no ability to do so.

Egu is a clown as well, him, Rohr, all of them.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ahmed Musa
Odion Ighalo
Ogenyi Onazi
Victor Moses

who is next for these fricken clowns ?

John Ogu can solve our midfield problems.

The really funny thing is that of all these players, the guy who I think we could use somewhat is

Mikel.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:11 pm This is so dumb lol…
If you think this was dumb, then check out his reasons for inviting Onazi, you've got to genuinely question the IQ of our coaches.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Egu has a point on Musa. It's SE tradition to have an aging captain lead the team to his last big tournament and I support it. Where single Nigerian captain has gotten the same privilege, including Mikel.

If you don't like it you're free to switch your support to another team.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:41 am Egu has a point on Musa. It's SE tradition to have an aging captain lead the team to his last big tournament and I support it. Where single Nigerian captain has gotten the same privilege, including Mikel.

Musa has become a liability and he needs to exit the scene, hopefully after this world cup if we make it, he can leave for good, the SE isn't his birthright.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Musa doesn't start will not, and may not even play.
If all the starters play well and Nigeria keep winning, and injury free, Musa will not enter field.
I don't know why y'all are so pissed about this one player that has brought glories to y'all piss-poor asss.
Every time na Musa this Musa that, haba!
You have 11 to 15 players to prosecute a given match and Musa is not even in the top 16 of the 23+ players invited to camp.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:31 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:18 pm

He’s still playing at a high enough level and performing well, if he wants to unretire why is that so bad? Definitely take him over Musa or Onazi, those selections are shocking…
MOVE ON!

SHE HAS BROKEN UP WITH YOU, MOVE ON!!!

Back to football, we have multiple wingers in England, France, Spain and you guys are still groveling for a man in Russian. :rotf: :rotf: Who cursed us??? :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:39 pm More interested to know why Onazi is on the standby list.

The sooner we get a progressive coach and professional administrators in the better. I'm tired of this lot.
Thats an understatement. I actually hate them.

When you leave Nigeria and have the opportunity to see the way sane people behave and think, you will easily develop hatred for certain Nigerians.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:41 am Egu has a point on Musa. It's SE tradition to have an aging captain lead the team to his last big tournament and I support it. Where single Nigerian captain has gotten the same privilege, including Mikel.

We should switch to supporting another team? Turn our back on the country we were born? were we grew up? the only country we have every loved? I know you are an 1mbec1le from the pit of hell without any iota of shame or life, but even you must recognize that this is not European club football and leaving your country is not an option. Cretinous 1mbec1le!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:59 am

Musa has become a liability and he needs to exit the scene, hopefully after this world cup if we make it, he can leave for good, the SE isn't his birthright.
How is he a liability? He rarely plays and can't be blamed for any recent problems the team has had. If he's keeping a player from playing by sitting on bench then that player probably isn't going to play anyway.

Vic Mo, if he wants to return will absolutely walk into the starting lineup with Simon on the other wing. Chukwueze, Ejuke and lookman follow.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This Egu guy is still stuck in 1994/ What kind of rubbish talk is this?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:36 am This Egu guy is still stuck in 1994/ What kind of rubbish talk is this?
Bret-hart

You do what is effective and not simply what is fashionable. If his ideas are no longer effective then one has to repudiate them but not simply because there is a claim of it not being fashionable. For me, I care ZERO about if it is fashionable or not. Talk to me about effectiveness.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If these statements supposedly by Eguavoen about Musa and Onazi's selection are true, then nobody should ever complain if when he fails to get results, Nigeria goes for some Journey man foreign coach. The man has no spine! What professional coach selects a player for crucial World cup qualifiers to "Pacify everybody??
“Onazi, good player. Whether he’s still good and can play at that level, we don’t know. But that’s why I said to pacify everybody, to ensure there’s harmony here, put him on the standby. While he’s on the standby, I have the final say.”
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It's unprofessional!
Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:12 pm
bret- hart wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:36 am This Egu guy is still stuck in 1994/ What kind of rubbish talk is this?
Bret-hart

You do what is effective and not simply what is fashionable. If his ideas are no longer effective then one has to repudiate them but not simply because there is a claim of it not being fashionable. For me, I care ZERO about if it is fashionable or not. Talk to me about effectiveness.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:25 pm It's unprofessional!
Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:12 pm
Bret-hart

:rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics