STARTING LINEUP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
Re: STARTING LINEUP

Post by Igugu »

Ghana will be looking to park the bus today and spring a surprise in the attack. If Ghana's defense proves too stubborn, I will like Egus and Amuneke to unleash Amoo on Ghana to unlock that defense. Ka Chineke Mezie Okwum.
Last edited by Igugu on Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

I’d rather have sanusi starting.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am always ok with most lineups the coaches chose. My only concern with this lineup is that most of the players are not familiar with the history between the two teams and may approach the game as any other important match they need to win. Well, this is more than an important game. This is Ghananese team we are talking about. There are decades of yabbing at stake. So it's a do or die game. The only option is winning the game!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:48 pm
deanotito wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:05 pm Uzoho; Aina, Bassey, Troost-Ekong, Balogun; Etebo, Onyeka, Aribo; Lookman, Dennis, Osimhen

I am beside myself. God help us. I pray
Is it not risky to start Bassey for the first time in such a crucial game? He was beaten for pace a couple of times in the last game
isnt Zaidu injured ?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:51 pm I am always ok with most lineups the coaches chose. My only concern with this lineup is that most of the players are not familiar with the history between the two teams and may approach the game as any other important match they need to win. Well, this is more than an important game. This is Ghananese team we are talking about. There are decades of yabbing at stake. So it's a do or die game. The only option is winning the game!
This is a winning line up. Everybody just relax and wwatch.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I really like that line up. The only drawback is Dennis, Lookman, and Bassey haven't spent much time with the team; but they are deserving of their spots based on current form.

Zaidu is a more composed LB than Bassey, however, Bassey is a solid alternative.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:51 pm I am always ok with most lineups the coaches chose. My only concern with this lineup is that most of the players are not familiar with the history between the two teams and may approach the game as any other important match they need to win. Well, this is more than an important game. This is Ghananese team we are talking about. There are decades of yabbing at stake. So it's a do or die game. The only option is winning the game!
you think "Jollof derby" is more important than going the the World cup ?

please.

This may be the best lineup we have fielded in a very very long time. Only thing is that they have not played together.

But the guys who had been playing together also played like they just met for the first time, so no problem really.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:58 pm

please.

This may be the best lineup we have fielded in a very very long time. Only thing is that they have not played together.

But the guys who had been playing together also played like they just met for the first time, so no problem really.
Simple.

First time in a long time I am calm and satisfied about a starting 11.

The fact is we have seen Egu's 4-4-2 5 times and the last 2 times he faced teams drilled to nullify it and we have scored 0 goals.

It was time for a change.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Most of the players invited to the team are not familiar with the history between both teams. I am sure they have been told sha and ready to make history of their own. We shall see...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

packerland wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:16 pm I like this lineup. If Bassey don’t get beat for pace again we should be good.
He looked pretty fast in the last game.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:00 pm

please.

Simple.

First time in a long time I am calm and satisfied about a starting 11.

The fact is we have seen Egu's 4-4-2 5 times and the last 2 times he faced teams drilled to nullify it and we have scored 0 goals.

It was time for a change.
100%

I am very excited to see what Aribo can do without being over burdened with defensive duties.

Lookman and Dennis just had to be the way forward.

I'd like to see Sadiq play a part, but given the formation it would have to be for Osimehn, and I think he has to be a 90 minute player, so we'd have to switch formation, and that should only happen should this 433 not be working.

I'd bring on Simon as a sub, hopefully motivated from being benched. He would help close the game out with his defensive duties.

Possibly Amoo to take over from Aribo, if he tires.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:07 pm
packerland wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:16 pm I like this lineup. If Bassey don’t get beat for pace again we should be good.
he looked leggy to me. But he was very composed making tackles in the box. Used his body very well.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Players should win this match for the victims of the Kaduna train attack.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

gochino wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:48 pm
deanotito wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:05 pm Uzoho; Aina, Bassey, Troost-Ekong, Balogun; Etebo, Onyeka, Aribo; Lookman, Dennis, Osimhen

I am beside myself. God help us. I pray
Is it not risky to start Bassey for the first time in such a crucial game? He was beaten for pace a couple of times in the last game
If it is the pace you are talking about, then it goes beyond this game.

However, it is time for people to step up. I would have personally preferred a 3-5-2 for the Eagles against leading African teams or top 40 global teams, with Bassey as at option at the back while Zaidu and Jamilu are LWB options. However it seems Egu prefers 4 at the back, no matter what.

Given that situation, Bassey was called up over Collins. He has to step up, especially if Zaidu has a knock.

Also, two of his clubmates are in the starting lineup. If that doesn't calm him down, then maybe he is not yet ready.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Owngoal have confirmed lineup after peddling disinfo about Ahmed Musa.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Yeah but that short Ghanaian guy that played from the right in the second half was faster.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:09 pm
he looked leggy to me. But he was very composed making tackles in the box. Used his body very well.
Yea. I mean for his shape. Sanusi is def faster than him. ANyway, good lineup, lets see how things turn out.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:12 pm Owngoal have confirmed lineup after peddling disinfo about Ahmed Musa.
Lol they must have copied it from CE
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I don't care who is in the line up. I could care less if they are 11 Vancity Eagles, I wish the team success and good luck. Will be cheering for them from my big screen
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Actually, I think it is. There will always be another World cup to go to, but we cannot afford the lose the jollof derby. Our kid's kids may not hear the end of it. We must win the derby.

please.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

highbury wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:18 pm I don't care who is in the line up. I could care less if they are 11 Vancity Eagles, I wish the team success and good luck. Will be cheering for them from my big screen
Short and simple!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:18 pm I don't care who is in the line up. I could care less if they are 11 Vancity Eagles, I wish the team success and good luck. Will be cheering for them from my big screen
Bro you don't get it.

It is very frustrating to repeatedly watch our coaches and SPORTS ADMINISTRATORS sabotage our team.

If we want our team to make history we cannot support such nonsense.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

adeaderije wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:13 pm Decent adjustments, I would have preferred Simon starting though.
Same here.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."